Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 when the world ends remix
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

j
Chatterbox

149 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2003 :  8:00:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit j's Homepage  Send j an AOL message  Reply with Quote
did anyone else hear this?

ugh.

your words burn the air like the names of candy bars

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2003 :  2:01:20 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm afraid to...not one of my favorite songs, and I can't imagine a techno version of it!

Damn you Glen Ballard, Damn you to hell!

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2003 :  3:56:14 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It's my absolute least favorite live song...maybe all time by them. I've never once heard it played with a single different note.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

Dickey500
Chatterbox

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2003 :  6:03:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Dickey500 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ahhh, but the newer Tim and Dave extended version is kinda nice. I like the little "when the world is over we'll just be....ginning." Yeah, the Everyday songs are a little static, but they're starting to make them a little more tolerable. I'm sure that Dave's time with Tim will help spice some of those songs up.

"All of us contain Music & Truth, but most of us can't get it out." - Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2003 :  7:40:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The way I look at When the World Ends, and the rest of the Everyday music, is this. If writing that album was what it took to keep Dave sane and playing music, then I'm glad it's out.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2003 :  6:59:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just downloaded this. It's terrible... like, just bad... almost as bad as those fucking bear pictures that I just saw.... ok, not THAT bad....
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2003 :  4:47:04 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I don't even think they played the song during the movie, just during the end credits. And yes, that has to be one of my least favorite Dave songs. I used it as a convienent bathroom/get food break in Boone...it just doesn't flow well on the guitars.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, damn your black heart Glen Ballard.

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

j
Chatterbox

149 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2003 :  7:03:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit j's Homepage  Send j an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It was the only song I liked off of Everyday. I like the way the verse and chorus are so different and it's extremely fun to play on the guitar.

your words burn the air like the names of candy bars
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2003 :  4:46:57 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
truth be told, there is more than one good song on that cd. i think a lot of people just had this knee jerk reaction when they heard that shit pile "i did it." they dimissed it as a pop sell out cd, and never really gave it a fair chance. all in all though, not their best work.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2003 :  6:51:55 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I heard it during the credits of the Matrix 2. I liked it, but Dave's voice/vocals, don't really fit well with the "remix" atomosphere.

Adam
Go to Top of Page

Muskrat
Chatterbox

USA
266 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2003 :  1:13:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Muskrat's Homepage  Send Muskrat an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I seem to be an anomaly of sorts... seeing as I loved Everyday. the remix starts off good, then sucks as soon as Dave starts singing, but once he gets to the chorus it sounds good again... overall I give it a 4.

"You know, if you live long enough, eventually you're gonna die." -Words of wisdom from my dad
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2003 :  3:31:05 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My roomate bought the Matrix 2 soundtrack and there is some awesome stuff on there... by the way, did anyone else mark-out when RAGE came on as the movie ended? I actually think that I yelled "HELL YEAH" and threw up the ROCK OUT hand sign in the theatre!!!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2003 :  10:14:56 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
haha. i don't seem to recall that. but i had company.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2003 :  04:00:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
My roomate bought the Matrix 2 soundtrack and there is some awesome stuff on there... by the way, did anyone else mark-out when RAGE came on as the movie ended? I actually think that I yelled "HELL YEAH" and threw up the ROCK OUT hand sign in the theatre!!!

Lol, I know what you mean. My bro said, 'whoa, wait a minute, is that Rage?'

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000