Phone Booth =
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2003 :  01:23:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well done! I thought it was great! (Even if Colin Farrell did stoop to dating Britney Spears.)

Here's a good summation: It's candy but it's really well-made and tasty candy.

tim~and~dave
Chatterbox

112 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2003 :  01:31:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought it was pretty silly. But we can disagree to agree.

I'm going to give this "punctuation" thing a chance. How am I doing?
Go to Top of Page

Bill Palmer
Is Anybody Here?

33 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2003 :  04:08:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I liked it. I tried to love it, but it just wouldn't happen.

What blew it for me was that Colin's character just wasn't enough of a "bad guy" to make a logical target for the "avenger". The movie couldn't seem to make up its mind whether Colin deserved what was happening, or was unfairly placed in such a bad position.

All in all, though, it was worth the 8 dollars ans 80 minutes, which is more than I can say about a lot of other films I've seen lately. I had high hopes for "Basic," which was supposed to be the glorious re-teaming of Pulp Fiction's John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson, but it missed by a mile and a half. It would give away too much to go into detail about what all was wrong with Basic, but there were so many plot twists and turns that it stopped making sense so early on that by the time the final credits flashed, I was glad it was over...if only so I wouldn't have to suffer through yet another logicless twist.

But I digress. As always.

www.billpalmer.net Macintosh users, you've never had it so good.
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2003 :  12:14:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I don't think ANYBODY deserves that. I guess I avoided asking myself whether Stu deserved what he got by assuming Keifer Sutherland was totally batty.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000