((((single note runs by tim))))))
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jbreed
Is Anybody Here?

11 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2003 :  4:14:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone know exactly how tim goes through these fast single note patterns using just his fingers (w/ no pick). I listen to "hopeful heresy" alot and he'll hit some chords with his thumb and then proceed to improvise using these sort of fast, clear lines in between the chord structure. Does he simply use his index finger to pick every note? Does he alternate pick segovia-style with his index and middle finger? Does he alternate pick using three fingers? Is he simply picking one note and pulling off into 3-note patterns like triplets across the neck?

Just something to think about, and i realize this is a very specific and trying question. Might anyone know of any sites or links where Tim is shown playing? This would probably help the most.

Thanks Again and Good Luck w/ my requested CORRECT tab for "SMILE"!!
jamesb8564@netscape.net

Oh yeah has anyone heard of MY MORNING JACKET b/c this is the best band ever in my honest opinion.

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2003 :  2:03:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Does he alternate pick segovia-style with his index and middle finger?

Generally when he fingerpicks a fast line I've seen him do this. There are plenty of people here that will do B&P's of his videos if you want to see, or you can always buy his DVD.

Go to Top of Page

Bustoff
Chatterbox

145 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2003 :  12:41:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Bustoff an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think I've seen him do finger-picked fast lines with his thumb and index finger, alternating.

This feels kinda natural because it keeps the down-up motion that you'd use with a pick.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000