Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2003 :  6:59:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
True which is why I believe in the saying "Make Love Not War" cause when you die, you at least die with a smile on your face,hehehe.

AHHHH Fluffy where are you? I am not used to starting a second page, I always think of you doing that!

Fluffy this is a bit messed up I know, you have no Idea what I went through to get this on here so I am sorry it isn't as perfect as I had wanted but the thought is there!

Fluffy, THIS ONE'S FOR YOU!!!!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2003 :  7:05:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We're all not going to die. If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times. People use this logic to inject fear into people's hearts. It is basic authoritaian idealogical psuedo-logic:
Attack Iraq: You live vs. Don't Attack: EVERYBODY DIES!!!!

It's just like the stupidity of an "Axis of Evil." The world is not as black and white as some people percieve it to be.

I agree w/ PJK, the war on poverty and crime, improving education, and strengthening culteral diversity should be top priority. Instead, we're measuring national penis sizes. Weeeeeeeee!

Robots are the enemy? Hmm...
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2003 :  8:03:33 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No, I don't think we're all going to die. Do I take the idealistic approach that Iraq could never possibly harm the US because we're high and mighty? Nope. With the vast expanse of unguarded borders, it would incredibly simple to bring chemical, biological or nuclear weapons to the US, undetected. Do I think everyone's going to die? Obviously not. Do I think a very large number of Americans could die? Yup. Granted, the administration may be using it as propoganda to sway a few opinions...but don't tell me that you're naive enough to believe that the oceans still protect us.

I'd personally rather be poor and not worrying that I might be the target of a terrorist attack than to be well off and have an element of fear in my day to day life. No, I don't necessarily worry everytime I drive over a bridge or entered a crowded arena that I'm going to be attacked. Yes, the thought does cross my mind and it does leave me ill at ease.

Cliché as it is, 9-11 proved that this country is incredibly vulnerable and way too naive. I don't have a lick of faith in "Homeland Security". If we wanted to keep all of our borders completely secure, half our population would work for customs. The only way to solve this problem, in my opinion, is to be pro-active about it. I refuse to sweep it all under the rug and think "Well, that was a one time thing. We're even now, they won't attack again". Some of those bastards truly hate us and will go to any length to see us die. I, for one, want to kill them first.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2003 :  8:07:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No, I'm not that naive. That was not what I was saying. I was using your comment as an example of the ridiculous reasoning that has been used to justify this conflict, and I'm not saying all the reasoning has been ridiculous. I'm not going to restate my comments on my feelings on Iraq as a threat. It doesn't matter anymore anyway.

Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2003 :  8:10:57 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry for the after reply edit . I enjoy debates, even though they rarely change minds on issues like these.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2003 :  9:08:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CPPJames

I enjoy debates, even though they rarely change minds on issues like these.

Exactly!

I totally agree on the war on crime. I'm not exactly with you on the war on drugs, war on the hard drugs yes, but war on marijuana i think is just silly. Marijuana should be regulated(IMO), not completely illegalized. My 2 cents that has nothing to do with iraq.

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2003 :  11:17:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CPPJames

I'd personally rather be poor and not worrying that I might be the target of a terrorist attack than to be well off and have an element of fear in my day to day life.

If you actually were poor, and living in an urban area, you would have both of these things.

I agree VWF, weed shouldn't be a target of the war on drugs.

Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2003 :  09:37:37 AM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'll take my chances against someone with a gun over someone with nerve gas. I'm not saying I lack sympathy for the poor, and yes...I do think it's a big problem. I'm just saying that right now, I think we have bigger problems.

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2003 :  12:34:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was at the Philadelphia Flyers game last night (awesome game-GO FLYERS!!!) and at one point they put the pictures and names of local servicemen and women who are serving in Iraq on the big screen and paid tribute to them. Some gave their lives in this fight we only debated here on the board.

It was truely a moving moment. A group from the US Army was there at the game and everyone gave them a standing ovation as well.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2003 :  3:40:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Pretty cool! We did a retreat ceremony here at my base yesterday afternoon, and we found ourselves pretty somber as well. Watching the Stars and Stripes PLUS the POW/MIA flag being lowered and folded was almost like a new experience.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2003 :  5:19:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can imagine that would be especially meaningful to you Teri. Jeez I just feel so bad for the POW's and their families. One of the soldiers on the screen last night is a POW. I honestly can't imagine what that would be like.

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2003 :  05:56:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
In bittersweet news, I saw on CNN today that the Arizona governor has suggested re-naming a local mountain known as Squaw Peak with the name of Lori Piestewa (pronounced py-ESS-tuh-wah), the KIA Hopi solider. I think that is way cool.

Apparently there has been much fighting for years over what to call the mountain (and the nearby highway which uses the same name) since so many Indians are offended by the name. This solves the problem and honors an American soldier/mom at the same time.

It's also alliterative, which I like: Piestewa Peak

Here's a link to the
Yahoo!News story
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2003 :  05:59:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PJK

AHHHH Fluffy where are you? I am not used to starting a second page, I always think of you doing that!

You could always copy the "Fluffy For Life" image location from one of Fluffy's other post and then edit it into your post. You could put "in honor of Fluffy" or something
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2003 :  09:07:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah Teri great idea! Thanks! I am going to try that, hope it works!

Help Teri! It isn't working for me! I can get the words but not the image! Ahhhhh! I feel so computer challenged someTIMes!

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2003 :  8:19:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Let's see... the image is at http://www.pacificcoast.com/graphics/fluffyforlife.jpg

You'll want to put

]img[http://www.pacificcoast.com/graphics/fluffyforlife.jpg]/img[

(onlyput the brackets the other way around) and that should work...
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2003 :  9:18:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Teri! I couldn't have done it without your help! It wasn't as hard as I thought! Once I found out how to do it!hehe

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2003 :  10:17:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'M SO HAPPY THEY FOUND THE 7 POWs!!!
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2003 :  10:51:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me too, one was from just across the river in NJ, he was one of the ones whose picture was up on the bigscreen at the First Union Center Friday night.

Honestly I thought they were all dead! So glad that wasn't the case! There really are miracles!

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2003 :  03:37:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We must be a couple of pessimists. I'm glad we were wrong too!
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2003 :  2:34:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tericee

I also am very excited. I just got back from florida, and i read that in the paper that they were found. Very good news indeed!

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2003 :  2:35:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tericee

I also am very excited. I just got back from florida, and i read that in the paper that they were found. Very good news indeed!

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2003 :  8:37:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
There was a cool news story on Channel 4 in San Jose about a female A-10 pilot who took ground fire over Baghdad and still managed to land her plane.

Here's a link to the streaming video if you're interested:

http://video.kron4.com/?clip=1181529
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2003 :  8:58:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
A-10's are wicked awesome. A huge flying gun, pilot sits in a titanium bathtub. Wicked.

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2003 :  9:06:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That must be why her call sign is "KC" for Killer Chick!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000