My d+t adventure.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2003 :  02:14:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
DeepFriendCheese: where to start.
DeepFriendCheese: i left the house after i posted in your LJ
Living Parallax: seems like a logical good start to me.
Living Parallax: oo two adjectives, more than expected.
DeepFriendCheese: :-P
DeepFriendCheese: i got to the city and walked for hours trying to find an MD player.
DeepFriendCheese: i didnt trust anyone who sold them and i couldnt find anyone i trusted.
DeepFriendCheese: i dont trust the big electronic stores that give you big discounts for paying cash.
DeepFriendCheese: they do that cause they circumvent the taxes from it and dont have to document it in their sales history, basicaly meaning theyre selling it off the books.
DeepFriendCheese: every place i asked said no less than 150$ for a MD that records, even though one guy had an 80$ one marked on the window display.
Living Parallax: so i'm guessing you went without one
DeepFriendCheese: yeah, and its not like it mattered anyway

[...]

DeepFriendCheese: i got to Oakdale at 9pm tuesday.
DeepFriendCheese: ate at a restaurant, got directions to the the theater from there.
DeepFriendCheese: sorry, i meant i got to wallingford at 9pm
DeepFriendCheese: oakdale is the theater
Living Parallax: ok well i can't tell the difference between city names anyway
DeepFriendCheese: i left the restaurant at 11pm
DeepFriendCheese: from 11pm to 4:30am, i walked.
DeepFriendCheese: i walked around town just trying to tsay awake. it mustve been in the lower 30s at most, id guess 30.
DeepFriendCheese: i didnt sleep that night at all. 4:30 comes and i get to sit in a donut shop till 5:30. then i stay outside till 6 and go to mcdonalds where i sleep in their bathroom for 45 minutes before buying coffee and resting there for a bit.
Living Parallax: how did you manage to sleep in the bathroom?
DeepFriendCheese: sat on the toilet with my elbows on my knees and fell asleep.
Living Parallax: well then, that's more creative than i ever would have gotten
Living Parallax: you'd make a good homeless person, which is supposed to be a compliment somehow
DeepFriendCheese: heh, yeah, i would wouldnt i :-P. i'll get into that days events after i eat my food, but i slept in a gas station deli the day after :-P
DeepFriendCheese: i'll be right back :-D
Living Parallax: ok then, heh
DeepFriendCheese: so lets see then.
DeepFriendCheese: after about 7 or 8 i start wandering around.
DeepFriendCheese: I went to the half moon cafe and ended up leaving my bag there, making me walk all the way back from the theater.
DeepFriendCheese: but because of that i got a tape recorder, though i still havent used it.
DeepFriendCheese: walked back to the venu and by this time it was after 12.
DeepFriendCheese: they kicked me off the property till 5 when i started looking for tickets. before then it seems like all the dmb fans were in serafino, the itallian place across the street.
DeepFriendCheese: i looked around for a while for tickets, running also into that girl i met at the NYC tim solo show that steve worked with for a while too.
DeepFriendCheese: bout 6:30 comes, show starts at 7:30, and i dont have a ticket. A girl sees me and says do i need one, and asks 75$ for it.
DeepFriendCheese: i take it imeadiatly and im in. while im getting it from her at willcall, she tells me...
DeepFriendCheese: "just be glad my friends grandmother died"
DeepFriendCheese: well.... uh.... go grandma?
Living Parallax: heh i'm glad you were able to get a ticket then, even if it was last minute that's probably the easiest time anyway.

Living Parallax: jenna posted some links to sound clips and stuff in her journal, from what i heard i was very envious of all you blessed east coast people.
DeepFriendCheese: yeah, it was a crazy two nights. I wish you were able to see the shows, but im sure they'll be around your area again.
Living Parallax: at some point, sometimes, maybe.
Living Parallax: now that's a positive outlook :-P
DeepFriendCheese: :-D
DeepFriendCheese: my legs were fucked that first night though

[...]

DeepFriendCheese: so much more to say, dont know where to start. tired.
DeepFriendCheese: lets see.
DeepFriendCheese: after the show i was kicked off the property since they dont like people looking at the buses. fuckers. but anyway, i walked back to town to where the only 24 hour deli was in a gas station and chatted with the chick behind the counter. Open lesbian, which is cool. she said i could crash there if i wanted, there were milk crates i could sit on .
DeepFriendCheese: she took naps, so it was funny.
DeepFriendCheese: naps too*
Living Parallax: i wouldn't really expect a deli to have much buissness at 3am, naps seem logical
DeepFriendCheese: yup :-)
DeepFriendCheese: so i went to mcdonalds afterwards to sleep for just a few more minutes before my train came at 7
DeepFriendCheese: missed it by 5 minutes.
DeepFriendCheese: had to wait till 10 to get to New Haven > Kingston
DeepFriendCheese: so i get to kingston, get to the venu, and i finaly meet dave before the show.
DeepFriendCheese: he was really cool to talk to for the brief minute i got. I didnt have anything for him to sign though,
DeepFriendCheese: so i took out a clean pair of underwear from my bag and he signed that. :-P
Living Parallax: hah how lovely, the very idea of meeting dave is mind boggling to me. i feel all special because someone i sort of half way know met him for a moment or two
Living Parallax: ima nerd, but in the good way
DeepFriendCheese: hah, a complete stranger hugged me for the same reasob :-P
DeepFriendCheese: reason*
Living Parallax: i'd probably do the same. oh it's so unnecessarily exciting to me.
DeepFriendCheese: :-P
DeepFriendCheese: it was fun though. and i got a ticket from the box office right before the show.
DeepFriendCheese: its so dissapointing when people dont go to the show cause it sold out.
Living Parallax: well its hard to imagine that there would be tickets available, and sometimes the commute with no guarantee of a ticket is unappealing
DeepFriendCheese: it is, but it also makes it that much more exciting.
DeepFriendCheese: traveling that far with no garentee is a rush.
DeepFriendCheese: but then again, i knew id get in.
Living Parallax: maybe to you, i'd be sick with worry over thoughts about whether or not i'm wasting my time. i'd probably die, i never thought of sleeping in a bathroo,
Living Parallax: yes, fate.
DeepFriendCheese: im happy with the whole "necessity is the mother of invention" philosophy.
DeepFriendCheese: mostly because it sounds smarter and doesnt carry the rediculous pun of "make the best of whats around".
DeepFriendCheese: :-)
Living Parallax: and at least you go into the situation thinking positively. i'm sure it can't help to think about how unlikely it all could be.
DeepFriendCheese: yeah, thats the biggest thing. just go in knowing you'll be fine and it makes it easier to work with.
DeepFriendCheese: i honestly got onto the train in walligford ready to give up RI
DeepFriendCheese: i was that tired and that irritated that i missed the train before and just plain out of it.
DeepFriendCheese: but i got to New Haven and there was a nice waiting area, it had food, i called my mom and chatted with her, and i was just ready for that show again.
DeepFriendCheese: got the ride to RI instead of NY where i couldve gone as well.
Living Parallax: just needed to rejuvenate i suppose
DeepFriendCheese: the fuckers at the URI told me i couldnt go in with my bag though due to security measures now being taken.
DeepFriendCheese: they dont hold it for you either.
Living Parallax: so what'd you do with it?
DeepFriendCheese: they told me to "hide it in the bushes" and i told them that was a ridiculous notion.
DeepFriendCheese: i found a security gaird who let me hide it under his car.
DeepFriendCheese: it still got rained on badly.
DeepFriendCheese: assholes.
Living Parallax: aw :-\
DeepFriendCheese: i'll cope
Living Parallax: better than completely losing it though i guess
DeepFriendCheese: yeah, or not going cause of it.
DeepFriendCheese: its really stupid though.
DeepFriendCheese: had i been wearing the clothing, i wouldve gone in.
DeepFriendCheese: but because its in a bag, i cant.
Living Parallax: you could sew the bag onto your pants next time, call it a pocket
DeepFriendCheese: id consider it, too.
DeepFriendCheese: after the show these two girls gave me a ride to the station.
DeepFriendCheese: the station was closed and locked, but there were people in there going to boston so they opened it up for me.
DeepFriendCheese: i waited there from 12 to 7am.
DeepFriendCheese: it was as cold inside as it was outside, but there was a snack machine and bathroom, and it was dry so it was ok
DeepFriendCheese: and then i came home.
Living Parallax: i certainly hope the next leg of your journey will be a little easier. there's only so long you can survive on short bursts of sleep like that.
DeepFriendCheese: yeah, really. if i decide to go anywhere after the NYC show.

yup

~pw'oikr
~( ">

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2003 :  1:46:01 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You know, my friend and I joke about our "full and active lives" Mine consists of work, playing guitar (playing out a few places and jamming with a few bands) and hanging out at coffee shops and barnes & nobles. His, consists of work, playing Gemstone, and playing basketball once a week, as well as your usual family stuff (wife & kids). If he has to take his kid to the doctor on his day off, his whole day is shot due to his "full and active life" when the trip to the doctor takes all of 90 minutes.

YOU sir, have one full and active life. And I'm frickin' envious. I'd love to do what you just detailed there.

Adam
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2003 :  3:24:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That was HIGHLY entertaining. Thanks Erich!

If Tim ever plays in Germany you're welcome to stay at my house!

teri
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2003 :  5:16:43 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tericee

If Tim ever plays in Germany you're welcome to stay at my house!

Why are You in Germany? USAF?
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2003 :  4:27:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Not there yet, but will be this Summer. Yep, USAF.
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2003 :  5:17:14 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Where will you be stationed? (if you know yet)
Go to Top of Page

tim~and~dave
Chatterbox

112 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2003 :  5:35:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"you could sew the bag onto your pants next time, call it a pocket"

funniest thing I've read today.

I'm going to give this "punctuation" thing a chance. How am I doing?
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2003 :  8:53:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thomasode

Where will you be stationed? (if you know yet)

Stuttgart (HQ EUCOM)
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2003 :  1:29:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erich can't wait to hear your review of Boone! I am sooo jealous of all you who will be there tonight! Just thought I would say that, hehehe, Hope you all have a great TIMe!!!! As if it wouldn't be awesome???? I expect reviews people!!!!!!!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2003 :  3:06:01 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
LOL, I thought it was a phenomenal show...nice to hear a rarity by T+D (Blue Water Baboon Farm) and to hear the Ohio tease by Tim. Overall an incredible show, except the crowd was pretty bad. The chick screaming behind my head basically ruined it for me. People from 2 sections over told her to shut up, but to no avail. "Davespeak" was pretty prominent, some funny stories. Tim was definitely on point...I think he's starting to get more and more used to the songs. Their new collaboration is PHENOMENAL, I love it. Saw it at Norfolk, Winston-Salem and Boone...just awesome. Warehouse was great to see with Tim.

For the 4 shows I went to, the crowd seemed pretty respectful of the Tim solos. Other than the relatively large exodus by the teeny boppers, they were pretty quiet and well behaved. Lots of standing ovations. All in all, 4 shows...5 days...incredible experience.

James

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2003 :  5:19:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You lucky bastards. Damn the west coast. I'm just sitting out here waiting to drift into the pacific ocean and you guys get to see Dave and Tim. Four concerts even. I'm incredibly jealous.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2003 :  7:21:26 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Lucky, yeah...broke, yeah =). I took a major financial hit, but in my estimation, it's worth it. Glad I made it down the mountain at Boone before it snowed or I'd still be there. There were a lot of people that I saw at the 3 NC shows and the VA show. Definitely a small world...

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000