03/19/03 D&T @ Oakdale Theater CT
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jid1019
Is Anybody Here?

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2003 :  8:18:37 PM  Show Profile  Send jid1019 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just want to say that Tim was phenominal yet again Wed. night at the Oakdale Theatre. Thanks for putting on a great show. Hope you come around [to CT] again soon with another solo tour.

SpaceMonkey
Chatterbox

315 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2003 :  11:33:45 PM  Show Profile  Send SpaceMonkey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just thought I'd add to this review...

First off, Oakdale is the bomb venue-wise...not a bad seat anywhere, extremely nice, etc.

Second, after years of telling myself "If ever see T&D I'm not putting up with any yelling, obnoxious behavior" I convinced myself that I wasn't gonna waste a night being a hall monitor. And then, lo and behold, my fears were put to rest...the crowd was super-respectful and had great with repoire with T&D during the entire show.

Third, T&D were really animated...chatting back and forth and having some laughs with/at the crowd. Between songs, Tim would take a big side-step with one leg towards Dave and then drag the rest of his body across, lean in and (I'm assuming) get the next song from Dave. Tim also did the on-his-knees-bow-down to the audience after both his solos and Kundalini got him a standing O. DDTW ended with some loop delay, and Dave just said "this is Tim Reynolds", gave his guitar to his tech and walked off before Hopeful Heresey. I'm also surprised that nobody mentioned that after the standing O, Tim said "Thank You" into the mic...pretty kewl...after Ants you could see their silhouettes and they shook hands before walking off...

Uh..other stuff...Dave actually mentioned aliens a few times...and when he asked for peace in the world Tim held up a peace sign...yeah I know, that's no Indocrinate...Dave brought up words and phrases that make no sense and mentioned elbow grease, which caused Tim to inspect his elbows loooking for the substance. Tim also pulled out the sign language stuff he does a few times... he made a "wtf are you talkin' about, man?!?!"-face a bunch of times during the Davespeak...

As far as the set goes, it definitely wasn't a night of flashy solos, but the ones he did do (LIOG, Crush, Nancies) were pretty sweet. In a lot of ways the overall "feel" of the music was more akin to their older C'ville shows than any from recent years...you'll see what I mean if you hear the show..it was just really quiet sounding as opposed to, say 99, when you sometimes felt that they HAD to belt out Two Step at Ludicrous Speed to match the loudness of the crowd...

Also, you gotta love the Dave-factor: at the opening notes of I'll Back You Up, the girl I'm sitting next to, who I've just met and chatted with briefly prior to the show, has one of these "early-era Beatles-induced-freak-outs" where she gets so overwhelmed by the song that she spontaneously grabs my arm and buries her face in it for a few seconds...WTF?!?!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000