03/19/03 Tim blew me away at Oakdale
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

suad731
Is Anybody Here?

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2003 :  01:03:29 AM  Show Profile  Send suad731 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just got back. Tim threw down hopeful heresy first which I havent heard since the nomadic wavelength tour and it is totally rockin even more since then. The second solo for some reason I have on the tip of my tongue but just cant remember it. BUT, Tim got a standing ovation for his second solo. It kicked ass to see him get some of the recognition he deserved. After both solos Tim droped to his knees with the "I am not worthy" bow from waynes world style. All in all the crowd was great and Tim rocked on the newer DM songs and rocked out the older ones.

See y'all in Rhode Island on 3/20

Peace and Love

Lou

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2003 :  08:23:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the review! My only complanint is that it was too short!hehe Some people have all the luck! You got tickets for 2 shows? Warehouse member, eh???? I should have joined years ago but didn't and don't plan to now, so I guess I will just have to settle for reading other peoples reviews!

Guess that is why I hope some of the bands I like never make it big!At least I can get to see them without a huge hassel!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2003 :  09:44:43 AM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Somehow I managed to land four shows. I'll be hitting Davidson, Norfolk, Winston-Salem and Boone. I will leave extensive reviews of both Tim and Dave (if anyone's interested). I won't really be sleeping for 5 days so I figure I'll have some TIMe on my hands to take some extensive notes.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

zach winters
Is Anybody Here?

12 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2003 :  11:25:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how was the crowd for Tim and for the rest of the show?
Go to Top of Page

suad731
Is Anybody Here?

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2003 :  12:51:53 PM  Show Profile  Send suad731 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
well, for the first solo everyone sat down and chilled out. barely anyone left and they were quiet too/ Fpr the second solo lots of people got up and left but that was the best solo of the night and the standing ovation made up for the people leaving
Go to Top of Page

suad731
Is Anybody Here?

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2003 :  2:03:47 PM  Show Profile  Send suad731 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
the second solo was Kundalini Bonfire
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2003 :  2:45:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by suad731

the second solo was Kundalini Bonfire

No wonder the show was so great then! GD!!!

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2003 :  4:24:22 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Are you kidding me? Holy crap. Why didn't I decide to go to that one? Argh! Kundalini and Hopeful are 2 of my absolute favorites. Arghhhhhhhhhhh.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2003 :  5:06:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, one of the four shows you are going to see is bound to have them played! Hope for your sake you get to hear both! Damn, after the expense of 4 shows you deserve to hear them!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2003 :  6:14:43 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
LOL, I hope the heavens agree with you =). Either one of those, or Open Up, Let It In and I'm a happy camper. I'm also glad that Dave isn't focusing too much on their newer stuff. Should be a tremendous time. I'm still trying to secure a laptop for my reviews, otherwise I'm gonna have to try to use my cell phone's Pocket IE to post them. That wouldn't be much fun.

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2003 :  7:48:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really hope you can get a laptop, guess for selfish reasons, because I am looking forward to what you have to say about the concerts!

Go to Top of Page

zach winters
Is Anybody Here?

12 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2003 :  11:43:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
anybody got a setlist on tonight's or last night's show? Neither nancies nor dmband.com has either night's set. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2003 :  10:28:52 AM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
www.antsmarching.org has the setlist

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2003 :  1:55:08 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by suad731
the second solo lots of people got up and left

People are such fucking assholes.

Adam
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000