New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

X
Is Anybody Here?

Germany
10 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2003 :  11:12:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
new here, just thought i'd officially introduce myself. real name's victor, but you can just call me X. it's a nickname i've been accustomed to for a few years now.. let's see, uhh.. i'm currently working in the united states air force, stationed in germany. but i'm originally from texas. haven't seen home at all in over two years now, but i plan to be taking leave in a short while. my hobbies include anything to do with music; i sing, write, and will someday learn how to PLAY my own music, most of which is of a rock genre. no favourite sports, really, i'm a bit of an introvert. but as you might guess i'm a talker.. sometimes i talk too much.. ..

yeah, okay well if you have any questions feel free to ask. nice being here. peace out. X.

"the face and ghost my guide
i must move on
it's the face of one ravaged by love
it's both dead and alive"
-the children's song, LIVE.

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2003 :  12:03:15 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Welcome X! =)

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

X
Is Anybody Here?

Germany
10 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2003 :  12:09:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hehe, okay then..

i must move on
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2003 :  12:12:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
welcome aboard man!

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

tim~and~dave
Chatterbox

112 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2003 :  12:21:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey he can't take all the credit for being new.

I'm going to give this "punctuation" thing a chance. How am I doing?
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2003 :  12:26:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to you both!

Go to Top of Page

tim~and~dave
Chatterbox

112 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2003 :  12:46:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
coming from someone i have just over one fifth of one percent as many posts as.

thanks for the welcome. you going to any shows?

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2003 :  2:00:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I generally end up at the bottom of the food chain when it comes to luck, but vindication is a wonderful thing. I will be at both the Winston Salem show and the Boone show (2nd row for that one!).

Go to Top of Page

tim~and~dave
Chatterbox

112 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2003 :  2:48:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you got any extras man? i'm willing to pay top dollar. might go as high as $200.

or i'll be your bitch for a night.

your choice.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2003 :  2:51:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry, we lucked out and got a 3rd show but we were generous and gave those to a friend who was denied for 4 shows. With a little luck you'll find some tickets that you won't have to take a mortgage out for.

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2003 :  4:34:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcom X !!! Would love to hear about Germany. I was there for a day trip when I stayed with friends in Switzerland. I didn't get to see much of it though.

Also would love to hear how you feel being in the air force. Did you know Teri another board member and sister of Tims tour manager, Fluffy, is also in the air force. I think she is planning to go overseas.....maybe she will end up in Germany? That would be awesome for you two to meet! And her parents live in Texas too. Hummmmm

and tim-and-dave....welcome and thanks for putting TIM's name first!

This is a great day....2 new really great members! Now keep on posting!!!!!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2003 :  5:37:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Welcome aBOARD! Hope both of you stick around for some of our wild anecdotes.

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

tim~and~dave
Chatterbox

112 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2003 :  6:08:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you have wild anecdotes?

i was looking more for a board with tame anecdotes.

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2003 :  8:05:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tim~and~dave

you have wild anecdotes?

i was looking more for a board with tame anecdotes.

I think he meant to say ANTELOPES, occasionally you see we have a few wild herds that ravage tear through the board as if it wasn't even there. Watch out for em man, they got rabies, and they're baad, o sooo bad!

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2003 :  8:18:14 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard the pod both of you!
Go to Top of Page

X
Is Anybody Here?

Germany
10 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2003 :  06:32:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
about germany.. well it's not too much different than the states. the weather's the only real difference i've noticed. it rains alot more than it does back in texas, plus it snows alot too. as you could guess, everyone speaks german. most people know how to speak english because they learn it in school, and for the most part everyone's real nice. the trees are mostly evergreen and pollution isn't as much of an issue as it is in america either..

as for being in the air force, it's pretty cool. i knew i'd much rather be in the air force than any other branch. now i don't know if i would get the chance to meet your friend either way, coz i'm leaving here in a few months hopefully for a base in the states this time.

it's funny, you know, we filled out a "dream sheet" of bases we WANTED to go to after tech school. and all the bases on my list were around texas.. so they sent me to germany!

i must move on
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2003 :  06:32:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, hello 'X' and 'tim~and~dave.' Welcome to the board.

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2003 :  07:29:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So X what exactly do you do in the airforce? Now did you really think the government was going to send you where you wanted to go, hehe. Hey Texas/Germany its all good! Now you have fun things to share with your friends and family back home....and tell your grandchildren.

Keep safe. Sounds like there is a real threat of suicide bombers again.

How did you find this website? How long have you been a fan of TIM's? Did you ever see him in concert? I know, so many questions, not enough TIMe!

Check out our "Unwritten rules of the board" also the TR side of this message board, TR Task force.

So glad you're on board!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

X
Is Anybody Here?

Germany
10 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2003 :  10:39:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you! well to be honest with you, i just found out about this message board through google.com. and.. well.. i'm not exactly sure if i even know who tim is..

*dodges fruits and vegetables*

i must move on
Go to Top of Page

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2003 :  11:02:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey X, I am new myself... and as you can see this board is full of great people that'll welcome you in! I like your honesty with not knowing who "TIM" is!

I for one, (and I could be very wrong, but, I think a lot of people) first became familiar with Tim Reynolds when he and Dave Matthews (I'm sure no matter what part of the world you're in, you'd know and hear Dave Matthews) toured together. They put out a cd called "Live at Luther College"....it's a pretty popular one, so maybe you've had a run with it. After the first time I heard Dave M and TIM play, I was blown away by TIM Reynolds.... he does absolutely amazing things on the guitar. I at first thought that he played on a steel guitar... but then I quickly found out... nope, he's just that damn good.

TIM's sound is a little different... I certainly wouldn't call it main-stream. I believe that on this site there's some MP3s you can download... and I know that there's a couple other topics covered on the board that have other sites listed that you can download a lot of TIM Reynolds and Dave Matthews stuff.

Somebody had suggested this site not too long ago, and I have already downloaded a slew of things from it.

http://dmb.nntp69.us/

Hope that works out for you... and again welcome! Hope you stick around and tell us about Germany and more about yourself. Cheers.
Go to Top of Page

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2003 :  11:06:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Now, this is what we call "post-whoring".... which is a term that is new to my vocabulary....

But I forgot to welcome Tim~and~Dave in that last post...

So Tim~and~Dave WELCOME! Like said, I am a newbie myself... but I must say, it's great here!
Go to Top of Page

X
Is Anybody Here?

Germany
10 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2003 :  11:34:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
say no more; if he played with dave matthews and'em he's gotta be great! i'm a big fan of music, as i've said; is there any way i could get some of his music to listen to?

i must move on
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2003 :  11:35:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
now also you just posted the 20th post of the thread,
which respectfully means you have to say "flaming moe"
in some reference or another.

Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2003 :  11:51:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X

thank you! well to be honest with you, i just found out about this message board through google.com. and.. well.. i'm not exactly sure if i even know who tim is..

*dodges fruits and vegetables*

Welcome.

If you don't know who Tim Reynolds is, then why did you come here? I am not trying to be rude, I'm just curious. What were you searching for in Google that brought up this site and what about that link made you come here? It just seems very strange to sign up for a message board that you don't know what the subject matter is about.

Anyway if you like music a lot then definitely PURCHASE some or Tim's CDs. There is a link on the main page where you can buy all of his CDs.

Also, if you are just looking for a general chat board Nutkinland is a crazy place to check out:

http://nutkinland.d20boards.net/
Go to Top of Page

X
Is Anybody Here?

Germany
10 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2003 :  12:20:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well i was looking for references on that news story about the guy who bought that winnebago and wrecked it.. then sued the company and won. my apologies for not knowing who tim reynolds is, i was just bored when i decided to stay here for a little while..

i must move on
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2003 :  1:36:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Haha that's awesome. If you're a fan of music then definitely check TR out... he's the only person who's ever dropped my jaw in awe before.

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2003 :  3:17:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You did say you liked music X! I for one hope you stick around.

It's fate I tell ya, fate that brought you here! hehe

Seriously, stick around! We will be more than too happy to educate you on one of the best guitarists ever! Really! He is amazing!

Go to Top of Page

X
Is Anybody Here?

Germany
10 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2003 :  05:44:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
does he sing?

i must move on
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2003 :  06:40:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, someTIMes, but mostly he just plays amazing guitar!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2003 :  7:51:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
First let me welcome aBOARD X and T&d, thanx for joining our little party!! Hope you guys stick around.

As for X's question, hopefully the following info will help:

Most recent:ChaosView

This CD is all Electric and recorded live at The Fox Theater in Boulder CO earlier this year. There is a planned DVD release which will feature a bonus track that is acoustic. This CD is TR with his virtual band The Pagan Underdogs. TR programmed all the bass and drum parts himself and also plays keys. Some tracks are instrumental and some have vocals. It runs the gambit for sounds. VOCALS

Nomadic Wavelength

His most recent ACOUSTIC release. Highly Recommend!! This is a studio recording.

See Into Your Soul

The acoustic CD prior to NW and is also a studio CD. On this one TR starts to dabble with the drum machine on some of the spacer tracks inbetween the acoustic songs. Great album as well.

ID & Petroglyph are CD's TR released as free downloads on the internet. They are both electric and are the beginnings of what became the ChaosView Tour and CD. ID is a double CD and Petroglyph a single disc. They were originally released on TR's FTP site which is down at the moment, but if you check the message boards at www.TimReynolds.com alot of folks there have them and are more than happy to B&P them for you. They are always happy to suggest which CD you should check out next.

If you are looking for something more like STREAM, I would suggest Nomadic or SIYS, they have the most in common with Stream. If you are looking to expand your TR selections to include some of his electric work, ChaosView is a great place to start. Also "Sanctuary" is another good place to start that might be a happy medium before jumping in full boar electric. Sanctuary is a double disc set that has some acoustic, some electric, some instrumental, some with vocals. TR played all the instruments on Sanctuary.

The other CD's currently available from TR are:

Gossip of the Neurons(Live acoustic recorded at Millers)
Astral Projection(Studio electric CD with Johnny Gilmore and Houston Ross) VOCALS
Live Puke Matrix(Live electric CD with JG and HR) VOCALS

Hope this helps.

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2933

You can check out TimReynolds.com for more info on all TR releases or purchase them at:

http://www.timreynolds.com/merchandise/

ONCE AGAIN, Welcome aBOARD!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000