Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Kevo is gonna be out of a job soon :-(
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  4:57:50 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Bad news to report, about 2 weeks ago Wherehouse Entertainment Inc. filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy, and then two days ago I found out that our store will be closing down in 10-12 weeks. Very discouraging news... and I had worked my way all the way up to full time assistant manager. What is even more discouraging is that this is happening after we took our store from being ranked 400 something in the nation all the way into the top 20 in the nation for this past quarter. Looks like a liquidation company will be taking over in the next week or so, and selling off our merch. for discounted prices (at least I'll be buying some dirt cheap stuff). One other positive note is that the liquidation company offered a hefty bonus for myself and the store manager to stay on until the end. Overall, a big bummer thouh, as I really liked this job and was very comfortable in the position. Oh well... time to look for something new, I'm even tossing around the idea of not working for a monh or two... and seeing if that makes me feel any less burned out from school. The idea of free time sounds inticing.

god
Kevin

88 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  5:06:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you better start stealing cds and selling them
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  5:10:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes, maybe with the extra FREE TIMe you can figure out our "more TIMe in the day" conundrum. HEHE Sorry to hear about your bad break. A similar thing happened to me at Peguin Feather, the record store I worked at. I was the manager. To make a long story short, which we know I am not good at, the end of that job led me to 9:30 club where I am still working today. I love that job, so I guess in a way it turned out for the best. Hopefully the same will happen for you. With the reference and previous work experience, it shouldn't be hard to find another job in a similar field or actually any field you choose. Having Full TIMe asst manager as previous work experience is good for the next job. Good luck and let us know how it goes. And buy me some cheep DVD's as well. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  5:11:51 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
you better start stealing cds and selling them

nonono... The lower the shrink, and loss prevention.. the higher my bonus at the end of it all... although I have already called the good stapler!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  5:17:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No, I called the GOOD stapler dammit!!!

Higher bonus sounds great to me. I hope it is large enuf to carry you till you find another job.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  6:15:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Is it red?

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  6:27:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The stapler or the bonus? HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  7:50:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear about your job Kevin. Geeze, you know I couldn't work that kind of job.It would be like putting an alcholic in a liquor store! HEHEHE

BTW still haven't gotten my copy of Superfastgo.....damnit! Where is it????? Hummmmm........Oh yeah, back to you Kevin, see the thought of CD's side tracks me! Maybe some TIMe off isn't such a bad idea. You have been pretty stressed out. Guess it just depends on how much cash you need. Good luck getting another job, if that is what you want. Hey at least you will have more to put on a resume.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  8:57:34 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Kev, you are a sweetie. I'm sure you will find another job. I'd hire you in a heartbeat. I'm changing jobs soon and I can't wait. I've worked in labor and delivery for 14 years and I'm due for a change. Change is good!
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  9:13:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Although it occurred to me, what if you are someone who changes jobs all the TIMe? Then by virtue of the fact that you change jobs that means that you are stuck in a rut of changing jobs. So then is change good, because in this scenario I have laid out, change is the constant and change becomes the same old rut. HMMMMMM maybe I am putting to much thought into all this. HEHE Your life becomes change, but change makes it the same. Food for thought.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  9:20:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

The stapler or the bonus? HEHE

The stapler, silly. Haven't you ever seen Office Space?

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  9:35:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I have, but you left out the next line or I surely would have gotten it, as evidenced by post on the following thread:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1243

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  11:58:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
[/Mumbled] i used to have the swingline stapler, but he took my stapeler, and im gunna burn down the building [/mumbled]

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2003 :  11:14:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin, do you know what you are going to do yet?

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2003 :  01:22:09 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Pam, as it stands now, I'm still looking at taking a month or two off... after that though, who knows.. I'd love to stay in the entertainment media industry because I am knowledgable about it, and I really enjoy it. I plan on heading over to Borders soon and seeing if they have any management positions available in their music dept.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2003 :  4:54:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah very coolKevin! I think you sound like you need some TIMe off.Enjoy!!!

Hey I am in the mood for some good music. Something new, fresh, any suggestions???? I still have some gift cards for best buy to use, so you don't have to feel like you are giving in to a CDaholic!!! hehehe

I am really in the mood for some acoustic guitar, been playing Segovia all day, or geeze, I don't know, anything, just something new.

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2003 :  8:32:07 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Kev, how are you? I feel like you are avoiding me....
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2003 :  03:53:25 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Liz.. I'm doing very well right now... NOT AVOIDING YOU AT ALL!!! Why do you ask? Have you tried to contact me? Talk to ya soon!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2003 :  06:36:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey kevin, I got another Best Buy coupon in the mail for discounts on cd's this weekend. Since I still have gift cards any suggestions on what I should buy?????

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2003 :  8:23:50 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Kev, I emailed you a while back with my new address. I want to give you a call someTIMe but I don't have your current phone number. I have your cell# but I think you said you don't have it anymore. Would love to chat someTIMe!
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2003 :  8:44:38 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
oh hey Liz... that cell is still the only phone I have (I was down for a while, but it is working again)... I'll email you the number again.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2003 :  5:38:03 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Kev!
Go to Top of Page

IndianaJames
Is Anybody Here?

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2003 :  8:14:07 PM  Show Profile  Send IndianaJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm getting laid off too, man! Knight Ridder, the evil media giant, is laying off people left and right. What does this mean for you newspaper readers? More crap!

One more month for me. Looks like I'm headed to Raliegh (NC), Tucson (AZ), Pittsburgh, or Lexington (KY). Who knows though. I don't know what angers me more, getting laid off or missing Dave and TIM when they roll through the Hoosier state.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2003 :  8:18:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That sucks IndianaJames, I hope whatever happens in the future is to you liking. I have found that forced changes sometimes work our for the best. You look back on it in a year and say, "That was the best thing that could have happened for me!". Hopefully that will be the case for you. Good luck and keep us informed!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000