New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2003 :  11:46:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't know why I even went there....strange but I'm glad I did. Dave has a letter about the impending war with Iraq

Regardless of your views on Dave it is well worth the read. I for one am so glad he wrote it. The message has to get out! Everyone has to do their part and he did his! Thanks Dave!

www.davematthewsband.com/news/news_popup_iraq.asp

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2003 :  01:19:30 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Awesome!!! Thanks for posting Pam! Like I said before, the best thing a lot of us can do right now is to get the word out that we wont stand for an unjust war, and spread that word as best we can, I love that so many high profile celebrities are doing good with their fame and doing the same... and hopefully with their high status, more will listen.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2003 :  05:34:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TTT So people will have a chance to read this

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2003 :  11:13:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for the link, it was a pretty good letter, i liked good ol' dave's views on it.

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2003 :  9:57:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TTT again, with more visitors now than usual maybe someone who wouldn't have read it otherwise will do so.

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2003 :  4:24:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
on nancies this topic is about a 8 page bashing of liberals. I just feel sorry for those ignorant people. TTT yet again.

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2003 :  5:25:42 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Did you all see the letter on the main page by one of the sites editors in response to Dave's letter? It is called something like "War is necessary"

NECESSARY MY ASS!!!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

SpaceMonkey
Chatterbox

315 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2003 :  6:18:40 PM  Show Profile  Send SpaceMonkey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What was most disheartening about all this is the fan reaction of, essentially "shut up and play; we don't want to hear about this stuff." I find that opinion very suspect, especially when a good deal of the music they are pining for (Seek Up, Cry Freedom, etc.) tackles the issues of social injustice and a desire for peaceful coexistence.

I don't think you can ask an artist to keep their beliefs to themselves, through their medium or otherwise. That's like telling someone to do something that runs completely contrary to their basic instinct.

Of all the celebrities that speak up on social issues, I truly respect Dave's because of his upbringing in South Africa. Although he was not part of a repressed majority, it's obvious that his moral convictions were greatly shaped by his experience of living there. In a nut shell, I think Dave has a pretty good feel for the injustices of the world (no matter what country he's in) and I am glad that he put his celebrity status to work by voicing such strong disapproval for war.
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2003 :  6:34:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i wonder if dave or tim will talk about the war at all at their shows. would be nice, but wouldnt surprise me if people booed him. stupid frat boys.

i just realized somthin interestin, both tim and dave were born out of the us. (tim germany, dave s.africs) so i think like space monkey said, they have a better world view of what freedom is and when war is needed. too bad nobody listens in this country.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000