TRelated Topics
 Dave and Tim Tour = Tim selling out?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sinko25
Is Anybody Here?

8 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2003 :  5:37:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit sinko25's Homepage  Send sinko25 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
First off, I want to say that I'm in no way attacking Tim's integrity as a musician. Just looking to see what people think.

I remember reading an interview with Tim a little while back where he was asked about doing another tour with Dave. He said something like "Well, that would be selling out, because that's not really what I want to do."

And now...he's doing it.

What does everyone think of this? Do you think he's selling out, or did he just change his mind?

"Damn, and I say damn because fuck isn't nice." -Dave Matthews

sinko25
Is Anybody Here?

8 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2003 :  5:39:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit sinko25's Homepage  Send sinko25 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow, I'm a fucking idiot...I didn't read a few posts below this. Sorry to be wasting everyone's TIMe.

"Damn, and I say damn because fuck isn't nice." -Dave Matthews
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2003 :  6:04:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HEHEHEHEHE Most of us on the board posted a lot of regular stuff before we wrote something that was "Fucking Stupid"!HAHAHA

Hey, it gave me a laugh, probably will for others too, so don't be too bummed, it happens to the best of us!

Welcome Sinko25. Let's hope you continue to have a lot more posts on board, and that you READ a lot more too, hehehehe

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2003 :  6:36:55 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The quote to which you were refering was a quote about Tim's music not sounding like Dave's... Tim said something along the lines of saying that if he were to make a music career off of sounding like Dave Matthews then that would be selling out (I think he used John Mayer as an example)... It was simply a justification of his choice to take his solo career a completely diferent route than that of his collaborative efforts with DMB and it has nothing to do with the upcomming acoustic tour... which is simply two friends playing together.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2003 :  9:05:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i won't flame ya...this TIMe

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2003 :  12:42:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
FREE POST!

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000