"Ouch! That is simply awful!"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  02:29:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
*laughs*. So Ive been asking some segovia/bach forums for help on that classical piece tim does that he forgot the name for, and I uploaded the versions that were from the '99 d+t tour where he does it through the wah pedal. first response to that:

"Ouch! That is simply awful! Not the playing, just the sound, sorry. It's certainly a Bach minuet, but I can't put my finger on which one. It's probably derived from a keyboard work...sorry I'm not more help, but I have faith in the folks of this board."

I found that pretty funny. I can easily understand how people so atuned to the classical style of playing would react to tims unorthodox manipulation of the guitar, hehe. Also, for anyone interested in that piece i cant name:

http://www.angelfire.com/weird/erichwanh/index.html

~pw'oikr
~( ">

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  10:10:34 AM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
LOL, I don't know why but listening to that made me laugh. No idea on the name, but it reminds me of an organ at a baseball game =).

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  8:00:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Did you ask Jon Soldo Erich? That was one of his fave things TR played and when he interviewed him he asked him about it. I think Jon knows which piece it is.

I also mentioned Segovia in another forum on the board, here is a link. Guitar players should definitely check it out:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2689

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2003 :  11:53:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erich, I could be wrong but I think it is by Robert De Visee:Menuet

If you have the legendary Segovia it is track 5

Just my guess.
Pam

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2003 :  02:29:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
aaah!! I hope youre right, and if you are I couldnt express how happy i would be

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2003 :  07:27:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't get too excited Erich, I think I was close but not quite it.

Sorry, this is driving me nuts! If you find out let me know. I am going to email Jon, did you do that???

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2003 :  3:37:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TTT Erich, I know you probably forgot about this but it is seriously driving me nuts....now I am thinking it's a church hym, which it could also be since the music is often from the classical pieces.

Anyway I emailed Jon, but so far no answer. I know he is really busy too. I just HAVE to find this piece because I can't get it out of my mind! If you found out ANYTHING please let me know!!!!

BTW....How was James Brown, hummmm??????

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2003 :  05:11:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have also emailed Jon asking him to take a few minutes out of his BUSY schedule to see if he can answer this puzzle for you guys. Hopefully, he will be by tomorrow for an answer.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2003 :  05:27:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Fluffy, this one was really driving me crazy! I thought it was the Menuet from Robert DeVisee, but then I listened to it again and it wasn't........I know I heard this before and I kept serching my Bach and nothing. Probably is Bach. Just can't find which piece.

Maybe I will search through some of my music again while I wait to see if my daughter's college closed. Hummmmmm

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2003 :  05:41:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I don't know if the one you and Erich are talking about is Bach, but I do know that TR used to do a Bach piece that Jon Soldo would always go gaga over. Hopefully it is one and the same. I just don't remember which piece, but I am sure Soldo will. In fact, I think Jon has live recordings of TR playing the Bach piece that I am talking about.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2003 :  05:43:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sweet, can't wait to find out!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2003 :  9:41:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TTT for JonSoldo, where is that bastard? HEHE j/k He is probably busy busy busy with school and A LIFE. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2003 :  12:42:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
fluffy, sorry to not respond early... the piece youre talking about it Courante by Bach. Its a fantastic piece, but its unfortunatly not what i was wodering about. I had asked Tim in Baltimore if he knew the name of this piece and he said he couldnt remembre but it was a segovia piece he liked. Ah well, I'll find out one day.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2003 :  03:14:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So it's a Bach piece that Segovia performed? It still shouldn't be that hard to find out what it is. Take it to like a Tower Records to the classical dept. Those folks will probably recognize it immediately if it is a Bach piece. Where was it recorded? Or where is it from? Could the title be on a setlist?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2003 :  07:08:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fluffy, did you go into Erich's post at the top? Each piece has a date, same song just a bit different sound, any way they are from concerts, do you have the set lists of any of those????? They may predate you as tour manager, I don't know.

I sure hope you have info. because this is truely DRIVING ME NUTS...I know short trip, hehehe. Seriously, you would have 2 people who would be VERY thankful for an answer!

I am still not sure it isn't a Robert De Visee piece. It sounds a lot like him.

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2003 :  02:51:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TTT for Jon

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000