Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 On my was to see Victor Wooten
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2003 :  9:18:51 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yee-haw, I'll try to post pictures and a review late tonight, key word there is TRY! I'm excited though.

god
Kevin

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2003 :  9:32:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
can't wait to hear aboot it!

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2003 :  10:13:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll be looking forward to it as well. Have a good time.

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2003 :  01:54:54 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Blasted econ midterm tomorrow morning... its taking away all my time preparing for it, plus I work tomorrow and sat afternoon, so I will unfortunately have to delay posting my review and pictures until saturday night, but let me just quickly say that I had a great time, Vic and his bro's blew me away, and I got some cool pics, even one of me and Vic himself!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2003 :  02:28:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Glad you enjoyed it!! Can't wait to see the pics and read the review. Is it a picture of you and Vic wrestling? HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2003 :  07:17:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Kevin...I'm Baaaaack hehehehe

Wow Kevin...you saw Victor???? Awesome! And his brother? Futureman???

Can't wait to hear all about it.....and pictures too! Wohoo...it's good to be back!

Missed all of you!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2003 :  1:30:21 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No, Futureman was not there, but his brother Reggie (who is evey bit as good on guitar as Victor is on Bass) was playing, as well as another Wooten brother on keys on backup vocals.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2003 :  3:49:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, thanks Kevin, but wow, talent sure ran in their family! I wonder if there is a gene linked to musical talent???

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2003 :  8:46:06 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OK, so here we go... First off, the show opened amazingly, over the PA we heard a recorded voice of Victor's daughter welcoming us and introducing Victor... and up on stage were all the members of his band except Victor himself... all of a sudden everyone started turning around and there he was... standing in the back of the bar, with his bass, playing his way up right through the center of the crowd!!! He he stopped RIGHT NEXT TO ME and played for a bit before walking up on stage and busting into "What Did He say". It was an awesome way to start the show and the crowd was WAY into it. While introducing his brother, Reggie, Vic actually mentioned that Reggie used to jam with Tim Reynolds, and he also mentioned that Reggie was the one who taught Vic how to play. The other songs I remember hearing were "Hormones in the Headphones", "Testosterone" "Me and my Bass Guitar" "a 25 min solo into Amazing Grace" and a few others that were solos of the other members of the band. What was also cool was when Vic stopped in the middle of a song, looked around and noted how many different people were in attendance, from young to old, black and white... etc... and then thanked us all for being so peaceful and said if we can do it in here... we can do it outside too, very cool I thought! and I got to tell him so afterwards.

On a sidenote the drive home was VERY SCARY! There was the thickest fog I've ever seen along the 5/405... and I honostly could only see 2 car lengths ahead of me. I couldnt even see huge shoppong centers that were lit up along the side of the road, or the lit up street signs on the overpass. Heck, I almost missed the 5/405 split... it was that bad! Anyways, I had an awesome time, and was blown away by all of the musicians on stage.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2003 :  8:50:35 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry Fluffy, Vic's Stage Tech (much like Rew) was an intimidating dude, so no Wrestling with Vic! Here the pics... not as good as I'd have liked, but I couldnt get up on stage, because the plae was packed and I got there a bit late.

pictures can be viewed by clickin this shit:

http://photos.msn.com/viewing/album.aspx?m7A!X9U3q6bynoZEhFj0U2GZx8LZjXTfWHFqQjop!AXqGFeFV!O*O6RbeDduJQeUGpVS*alhpz1Nq92R3Uef37AiTU1WHNO0qzzyscQdxi4YvqhsvRi4Bg$$

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2003 :  10:25:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoa Kevin!!!! Amazing photos, I especially liked #2 and the one of you and Victor!!!! Did you take most of them???? So kewl.....Thanks a Billion for sharing!!!

I can't wait to see him with Bela in April!!!!

Also REALLY glad you got home safely! That is how all those multi car accidents happen.

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2003 :  8:10:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice, i'm just now getting to the pictures. i can't wait to see the band come may 14th!

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  5:38:59 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Did you take most of them????

all except for the one that I am in, I had to ask a guy next to me who was wearing a cool No War shirt.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000