Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2001 :  7:33:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Setlist!

1.????? Mind Fart (couldn't read his hand writing for that one)
2.Hopeful Heresy
3.Jemez Rolling Waves
4.Loose Interpretations (very sweet version)
5.And then they were free*
6.Stranger in a Strained Land*
7.Feeling Dorks*
8.Big Blast of Hot Air (short but oh so sweet)
9.Los Alamos is Burning
10.Analyze
11.Doom$
12.Danger Will$ (I think it is supposed to be "Danger, Will Robinson"
13.Congo Masturabtors$ (awesome drum machine)
14.Flourescence*
15.As Far As We Can See*
16.Do It Yourself
17.New Past Sample Butts (I think that's what he wrote)#
18.You Are My Sanity (he had Decline in Reason written but he changed)
19.Something Nasty: Koo Koo for Cocoa Puffs#
(right here Tim leaves the looper going walks off, then comes back)
20.Kundalini Bonfire->Duck Balls#

*=12 String Acoustic
$=12 string baritone
#=6 string baritone
Every other song was straight six string acoustic

This was an awesome show, and I know the accuracy of this setlist, as I was three fucking feet away from where he stood. I was exactly center stage, less than a meter away from Tim Reynolds, it was awe inspiring. He had awesome red glasses on and I took so many pictures, I only hope they turn out.
But he came out and laid the setlist, two feet away from me, and I quickly copied it down before he started out.
Some people shouted out stream a few times, but then someone shouted "Play whatever you want!" Tim gave a thumbs up, and no one else shouted out.
His four guitars were awesome. His 12 string baritone was awesome. No Dials, no pickups on the strings and frets, and it was a beautiful shade of red. His six string baritone, looked like a guitar Batman would use, and instead of the normal circle between the frets, he had a crescent moon and a star symbol about three forths of the way down the neck.
Congo Masturbators was an awesome tune, he kicked up the drums, and played along right with them, and it was so awesome. Then afterwords he said, "I love fuckingoregon. You don't have to say fucking, but I don't care if you say 'I'm from fuckingnewmexico' I mean everyone fucks eventually." Or something to that extent, my sheer joy and happiness at being there has clouded my judgement.
This could not have been a better show in my opinion. The crowd was very respecting of Tim, except for the few shouts of Stream but those died out. And Tim was very cool, taking the picture and signing things! I've got a few pictures and if they turn out I'll be sure to post them, I got them right of him playing as I was only, and I must repeat, THREE FUCKING FEET AWAY! It was extremely worth the eight and a half hour drive, then the three hour wait outside to be three feet away.
The only thing that dissapointed me was the missing "Sticks and Stones" CD. But Fluffy seemed dissapointed as well of its absence.

Well I'm done gushing!

"Don't drink the pickle juice from the pickle jar, until all the pickles are gone."
-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2001 :  7:48:42 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Awesome report man, I can totally understand your excitement. Both nights, I too was very close to the stage and it was just amazing to watch his finger work. I really got a kick out of watching his work with the pedals too. Be sure to share your photos! PEACE

Go to Top of Page

jsoldo
Administrator

USA
286 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2001 :  10:16:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsoldo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
FYI, tim doesnt have a 6 string baritone, the one your referring to is his regular electric Gibson SG Gothic, standard tuning... no bari

Peace
Jon

Timmah!
Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2001 :  10:26:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
good to see you again Arthen :) Heres your set:

http://www.timreynolds.com/setlists/10-5-01/

any tapers?

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2001 :  7:42:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Good to have you back Arthen, there were alot of concerned people. Glad you liked the show. We felt the audience was pretty damn good that night. Very respectful. Tim has loved touring thru this area so I am sure we will be back. Hope to get a chance to meet you next time thru.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2001 :  7:44:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
PS: We need more people to post awesome show reviews like this one. If you saw a show take a few minutes to share it with everyone else. Thanx again Arthen!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2001 :  8:27:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys for the welcome back! I've been extremely busy the past two weeks, haven't been able to post much. But I'm back for a while. The concert was the best thing that has happened to me in a while, and I will try to get my better pictures scanned, some didn't turn out, but look pretty cool anyways. They're are a few where Tim's hands are just a blur and it makes an awesome effect. But the next time around, hopefully Spring 2002, I'll have new equipment better recorder and a new camera!

-YEAH TIM RULES!

Arthen

"Don't drink the pickle juice from the pickle jar, until all the pickles are gone."
-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000