The gossip effects...???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gossip1986
Is Anybody Here?

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2002 :  12:51:00 PM  Show Profile  Send gossip1986 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey. Does anybody know exactly what effects were used in the gossip of the neurons album. It is my favorite tim album, and just the sound and noises produced is phenominal. Just curious if anybody had any leads or anything. Or if its just the usual of tim being the master of a delay unit...

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2002 :  10:06:14 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I believe his setup went somethign like this Volume Pedal (Morley I think)-->Some kind of Reverb unit-->DD-5.

I'm almost sure I can hear straight reverb on that album. He may have used two DD-5's, but I'm not entirely sure.

I am sure that I hear reverb there. Miller's could have reverb on their mixer that Tim plugged into as well.

Adam
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2002 :  10:42:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
thats the only reason i dont rank that as as good an album compared to others. The reverberation on the entire album just bugs me, despite being a phenomenal collection of songs.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2002 :  10:50:09 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
There are some parts that DO NOT have reverb though. So this it was makes me think the reverb was either a pedal, or Miller's PA mixer's effect.

Adam
Go to Top of Page

dick mountjoy
Chatterbox

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2003 :  01:56:38 AM  Show Profile  Send dick mountjoy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Adam I think you're right saying Tim had 2 dd-5's in his setup for the Gossip Album, I was listening to Letting Go the other day and noticed he must have 2 delay pedals going on.

"Go Banana!" - Ralph Wiggum
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2003 :  07:22:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Im going to go with an in house effect, though. I just got a '97 solo show (its at the archive if you want it) and it had the same thing, pretty much straight reverb through the entire album. Maybe tim had either a traveling soundman for that tour or he asked the local soundguys to reverb his set.

Either way, I didnt like it that much on gossip but its starting to grow on me cause of that other show. I suggest you all find it and listen to it. I'll be getting a '96 SBD soon too, that'll be nice to compare to the gossip era as well.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2003 :  11:43:45 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I love me some reverb. That is for sure.

Adam
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000