Tablature / Guitar Setup
 DD-5 HELP!!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

willyc4744
Is Anybody Here?

26 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2002 :  11:20:56 AM  Show Profile  Send willyc4744 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok, i just got the dd-5 for christmas and know u guys know everything about it....i am supposed to do this concert in a few days - i would really like to know the settings that tim uses in #41 and ants marching from live at luther college....i will experiment but id like to be exact....thanks alot
Bill

CheersDtoT
Try A Little Harder

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2002 :  7:56:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

So you just got a DD-5..... thats awsome! I remeber when I got my DD-5. That was a while ago and I'm still having lots of fun with it. One word of advice don't through away your owners booklet ( the book that tells about the pedal) that helps alot. But anyways this is how Tim sets up his DD-5. The E lvl. ( left knob) is set to 1 O'clock, the F Back lvl. ( middle knob) is set to 12 O'clock, the delay lvl. ( right knob) is et up all the way to the max. For # 41 TR uses setting #7, for Ants Marching ( I guess you are talking about the Slide Solo) TR uses setting #3. But the slide solo for Luther College isn't that good. If you want a good slide solo I'll give you the VH! Storytellers Ants Marching slide solo. It sounds much better with the effect pedal. I have tabbed out all TR solos and verse parts from Vh1 Storytellers so if you have any questions just ask. I hope I helped! Good Luck with your concert, I hope everything goes well! Take Care ! Cheers

R.I.P - Lynn & T.J.
I Love You Guys !
Go to Top of Page

FiS
Try A Little Harder

60 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2002 :  9:16:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you should post those tabs of storytellers.. id love to see them

www.jasonfistner.com
Go to Top of Page

willyc4744
Is Anybody Here?

26 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2002 :  11:15:49 PM  Show Profile  Send willyc4744 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I would love to see those timmy solo tabs....i know crush but thats all so i would really like to see those tabs if u dont mind
Go to Top of Page

willyc4744
Is Anybody Here?

26 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2002 :  5:32:14 PM  Show Profile  Send willyc4744 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i would really like the dd5 settings and tabs to bartender and ddtw on storytellers...
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2002 :  5:55:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
where exactly can u see the storytellers? or buy on dvd? cant find it anywhere, ive never seen it.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2002 :  7:30:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You can probably download it from something like Kazaa. Or you can set up some sort of B&P with someone here who has it.

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

zshum
Is Anybody Here?

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2002 :  8:32:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also, what would be the comparable settings for these on the DD-6
Go to Top of Page

j
Chatterbox

149 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2002 :  11:36:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit j's Homepage  Send j an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If you really want to unlock the dd-5's full power, get yourself a boss fs-5u. What this allows you to do is utilize the tap tempo setings in the dd-5. In other words, with the fs-5u, you tap in the rhythm of the delay. In these modes, settings 1-4 are deactivated as you are setting the delay time with your foot. It sounds more complicated than it really is; it is actually really easy to do. Say you and a friend are jamming on #41 and you want to use the dd-5, with the fs-5u you tap in a certain rhythm and then the delay time will be what you just tapped in. You have to tap in four times to set the rhythm. It's all explained in the manual; I have a fs-5u and I never use modes 1-4 as it's just easier to have whatevery delay time you want on hand without having to reach down and fool with knobs.

Check it out:
http://www.bossus.com/index.asp?pg=1&tmp=37

your words burn the air like the names of candy bars
Go to Top of Page

DaRavyn
Chatterbox

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2002 :  01:44:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit DaRavyn's Homepage  Send DaRavyn an AOL message  Reply with Quote
about those tabs you have from storytellers, is that only what was aired or the whole concert? I am interesting in getting a couple of thsoe off you if you wouldnt mind the trouble of sending them.

thanks
rob

Rob
Go to Top of Page

CheersDtoT
Try A Little Harder

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2002 :  6:33:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Well... I didn't exspect this to happen. The only songs I have tabs for are the video Storytellers. Which is: Tripping Billies-Don't Drink the Water-Ants Marching-Crush-Crash. For all of these songs I have all the solos just like Tim plays them and what he plays why Dave is singing. It was really easy actually, because all TR does is play the same chords as Dave does but in different position. For a song like Ants Marching when Dave is holding that 2
3 open chord
TR will play somthing like 10 7 2
9 7
12 5 5 but all while Dave is playing that one chord.
I'll tell you this if you want to play these songs like Tr you are going to have to be very fast with setting up your chord structures andyou must know you chords in all positions!
I'll tab these songs out on my computer and get them on A.S.A.P!
Cheers !

R.I.P - Lynn & T.J.
I Love You Guys !
Go to Top of Page

willyc4744
Is Anybody Here?

26 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2003 :  5:32:26 PM  Show Profile  Send willyc4744 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ya that would be great....cant wait....if u could include dd5 settings cuz i dont know how to use it all too well yet
Bill
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000