a SUPERFASTGO x-mas...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ILLBACKWHOUP
Is Anybody Here?

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2002 :  12:47:14 AM  Show Profile  Send ILLBACKWHOUP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just in case anyone was thinking of getting PETER GRIESAR's new CD SUPERFASTGO this after the holidays here's a good review of it:

Wow the more I listen to this album, the more I dig it....I was up until 3 am this morning and figured I would do a quick review of each song. So for what it's worth to you...here it is:

#1 I DO EVERYTHING: I like this song for a few reasons, one being how it's a powercord driven piece, but also a very rhythmic track with a solid drum beat. Plus the lyrics will no doubt get stuck in your head. I think it's an overall great track to start the CD.

#2 LOADED: This song has a melancholy feel to it which I love, and displays Peter's ability to really arrange music. Powered by the synthesized keyboard and a baseline that adds a lot to the song, especially the outro of the song.

#3 BIONIC: This track is my personal favorite of the album. It caught my attention with the mix of acoustic guitar, the steel pedal guitar, and the piano. The lyrics and vocals are awesome. I also really like how the music builds and builds, just to fall suddenly, and then begins it's slow rise again. *cough*SINGLE*cough*

#4 IF I COULD WALK: A haunting song that seems it should be listened to in a great cathedral. With the slight echo effect added to Peter's vocal and the choir effect, it really makes the song. This slower/darker song really does set up the next track of the album rather well. I like this one a a lot.

#5 XXX-MAS: WoW, this song is crazy...I love the tripped-out mix of Beck and the Flaming Lips. It will no doubt leave me hearing voices of distorted X-mas cheer lol. I took it as a tripped-out "wish list" to a girl maybe? I don't know, it just came to mind. Overall, a good song that would be REALLY cool played live!

#6 SUPERFASTGO: I like the intensity of the song, and it's really pretty catchy. It's not my favorite track on the CD, but one that is most likely going to grow on me after a while.

#7 IT'S MONEY: I like it because is a darker song that you can't help but jam out to. Driven by the baseline and the drums, they are complimented well by the vocals that fade out leaving you still bobbing your head. I dig it.

#8 NAUGHTY: I like this song...I am not sure why, but it reminded me of a mix between Lenny Kravitz and Perry Farell. I like the chorus a lot, and the fact that you can sing/humm along with it. The guitar riffs are cool, and fit the vocals rather well.

#9 SPY GIRL 76: A funky little number, with some sweet lyrics and vocals all together. The synthesized tenor sax leads the funky sound of the song. The clapping is perfect for the song, and I caught myself snapping my fingers at times. I think it would be a pretty good college radio add.

#10 HOLD ON ME: I thought this song was a good one. It has a tight beatbox sound that's mixed well with smooth electric guitar that mellows out the song. It reminds me of David Gray a bit. I love the vocals, and the fact that Peter is backing himself up (vocally) on this track is awesome. The electric guitar solo is great. It's my second favorite song on the album.

#11 GO AWAY: I like the mellow sound of this one. The happy little "dings" made by the keyboard behind Peter's vocals really work well to mix the sad feel of the song with a happier one. Nice melody. Good track.

#12 STONES AND FLOWERS: There is a lot to listen to on this track! The lyrics/vocals are great, along with the purposely over-reverbed guitar...guitar? Or Keyboard? Either way it sounds really cool. (I think it's a guitar) Finally the crickets that were laid down behind the whole track, very cool. The crickets reminded me of the hidden track on DMBs "Remember Two Things." It's a GREAT way to end the album.

OVERALL I think the album is very cool, and has a mix of all kinds of differnt sounds. It ought to do really well, especaily after the promotion blitz in JAN! Can't wait!

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2002 :  04:28:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
There seem to be a plethora of topics concerning this CD, so I thought I would condense them here since this seems to be the most definitive review so far. This one was posted by Kevin Lesko in another thread:

quote:
KevinLesko
Fluffy-Esque

1240 Posts
Posted - 12/19/2002 : 04:06:56 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got my copy of Peter's bew cd the other day and I really enjoy it! As of right now, Bionic, and I do Everything are my favorite tracks, but the whole thing is very good, if I have any complaints it is that its too short... leaves me wanting MORE! I'm not really sure how to describe the music, its all over the place... mostly on the dark side, very good songwriting too as far as the lyrics go!

I played the cd at work yesterday too and my coworker was impressed and a few costomers asked who was playing, so thumbs up all around so far. Tim's playing adds a lot to the first track, very dark deep electric on that track. Anyways, I definately recomend checking it out, and hope to catch a tour supporting this cd.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kevin

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2002 :  04:31:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
For LOADS more info on Pete Griesar and SUPERFASTGO check out this link:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2802

it is the original thread about this topic and contains interviews and reviews and lots of other valueless information.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000