Road Dog Training
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DaRavyn
Chatterbox

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2002 :  12:17:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit DaRavyn's Homepage  Send DaRavyn an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here's the question, how does one become a road dog? I could kill my high school guidence councelor for not telling about that option before graduation. Do you need a degree of any sort?

Rob

Baboonboy
Chatterbox

USA
195 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2002 :  3:29:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Baboonboy's Homepage  Send Baboonboy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What the hell are you talking about, and how does it relate to Tim Reynolds?

ICQ - 578587
AIM - bluwaterbaboon
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2002 :  5:26:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What is a road dog?

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

DaRavyn
Chatterbox

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2002 :  6:00:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit DaRavyn's Homepage  Send DaRavyn an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Road dog .... part of the road crew.... and the road crew that goes on the road with Tim.... which in theory....relates to Tim.... I think...

Rob
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2002 :  8:25:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Why would you need a degree to do stuff like that?

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

DaRavyn
Chatterbox

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2002 :  9:06:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit DaRavyn's Homepage  Send DaRavyn an AOL message  Reply with Quote
dont know, just wondering, just seems like everyone has fun dong what they are doing. Seems like a real experience. they need like an internship program or something. I know this whole topic seems just seems more stupid than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest.

Rob
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2003 :  05:10:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry, somehow I actually missed this thread.

pcbTIM commented:
quote:
Why would you need a degree to do stuff like that?

Yes, a DEGREE of INSANITY!!! HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2003 :  10:32:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Somewhere in this message board is the thread where Fluffy explains how he became a "Road Dog" for TIM. If I can find it I'll post it.

Here are two topics that might answer the question:
http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=569
http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1311

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

DaRavyn
Chatterbox

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2003 :  10:25:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit DaRavyn's Homepage  Send DaRavyn an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Tericee, thanks for the threads i did find them interesting. WOW I feel like i really know the inner Fluffy now. It just seems like everyone has such a hoot on the tour despite the hard strain of a tour. Tim and Fluffy need like an internship program, cause i would be on that like white on rice. I mean I can lift stuff order pizza's and make a mean batch of coffee. But I mean is there anyway people can help... even for free. Hell I'd do grunt work for michigan shows. I'd be well worth the physical strains and mental endevours.

Please tell me more.
p.s. wow it took a long time to read those threads but thanks again for re posting it for me

Rob
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2003 :  12:20:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It is alot like interning, except you don't have to suck the presidents dick. First you need to have a basic knowledge of whatever task or job you will be doing and then comes the hard part, finding someone to give you a shot at doing it. My jobs have come from friends and thru working in the business for many years. It's all about connections. There really isn't a job market you can apply to for these kinds of jobs. It helps to know people who work in management companys that manage bands as alot of TIMes they do the hiring for tours. Smaller bands usually hire for themselves so it helps to know people in bands. It is alot of volunteer work in the beginning. You prove to someone you are willing to do the job well for free, it only speaks volumes about the job you would do if you were getting paid. Unfortunately, the TR camp is not in a position to take anyone on the road with us. Even if you didn't draw a salary it would cost the tour money for any extra people. Hotel rooms, food, etc etc etc. And with every person we add to the tour it is one more person I have to coordinate which makes my job a more complex one. When you have been on the road as long as Rew, TR and myself have as a unit, you get in a groove. You know what everyone else is doing and things get done without me having to worry about IF it's getting done. We all know what are jobs are and we get them done quickly and as efficiently as we can. Extra people would throw that out of whack as we discovered adding Mason to the mix. Luckily we knew Mason very well and got along with him and he knew us just as well, so he slid into the job a little smoother than a stranger would have. Anyway, I am rambling again. Thanx to Teri for posting those links, I went back and read both of them again and the 2nd one still amazes me. I was reading it thinking "Who wrote this?" HEHE Funny how things read when you go back and look at them after a length of TIMe. Anyway, hope this helps. PEACE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2003 :  6:43:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Think of this message board as your personal journal, Fluffy.
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2003 :  7:18:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

Well this is a complex question to answer. I grew up a poor black child.....j/k.

that still cracks me up

and i hope i wasnt too much of a wrench in the framework last year, fluffy. I could be mr fly on the wall and have no problems either way

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2003 :  11:14:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I must admit, and give credit where credit is due, that is NOT my line. I stole it from Steve Martin's movie The Jerk. If you have never seen this movie, check it out. It is hysterical! That is one of the first lines of the movie and it just gets funnier from there. Pure Steve Martin from his heyday.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2003 :  04:13:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wanna find out how to be a Road Dog? Well I found a great place to start:

Well maybe not the best place to start, but certainly alot of fun. You can find out things like:

What's a Roadie?

Want to be a Roadie?

Roadie Top Ten List

Roadie Feedback

Roadie Stories

Roadie Rules

Band Rules

Roadie Lingo

British Lingo

Roadie Games

etc, etc, etc

Check it out, you really will be glad you did. Get the insiders scoop to the music biz. Stories you won't hear anywhere else, pictures you won't see anywhere else, words you won't hear anywhere else. ENJOY!!

http://www.roadie.net/

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

DaRavyn
Chatterbox

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2003 :  10:11:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit DaRavyn's Homepage  Send DaRavyn an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That is a great site thanks Fluff

Rob

I am on my way to be a roadie hopefully....

Rob
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2003 :  02:22:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Best roadie song ever written:

Motorhead "We are the Road Crew"

(I. Kilmister, E. Clarke, P. Taylor)

Motor Music Ltd.

Another town, another place
Another girl, another face
Another truck, another race

Eatin' junk, feelin' bad
Another night, goin' mad
My Woman leavin' I'm so sad

But I just love the life I lead
Another beer is what I need
Another gig, my ears bleed
We are the road crew

Another town, left behind
Another drink, completely blind
Another hotel I can't find

Another backstage pass for you
Another tube of superglue
Another border to get through

Drivin' like a maniac
Drivin' way to hell and back
Another room a case to pack
We are the road crew

Another hotel, we can burn
Another screw, another turn
Another Europe map to learn

Another truckstop on the way
Another game that I can play
Another word I learned to say

Another bloody customs post
Another fucking foreign coast
Another set of scars to boast
We are the road crew

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000