Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Anyone have a recording of Feeling Doors ....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2001 :  6:44:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
... played on a 6 string instead of a 12? I'm trying to tab it out but I'm having a bit of a rough time. Thanks.
-J

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2001 :  08:52:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Tim generally writes things on one guitar or the other and that is the guitar he uses. I would assume he has not performed that on anything but the 12 string. When he sets up the setlist, he makes sure to group 6 string songs together and 12 string songs together. As he does not just play any song on any guitar. Some songs grow out of sounds you get from a certain guitar and they don't translate well to another. That is why so few songs have been transposed to the new 12 string Baritone. Tim says not all his songs sound good on that guitar. Some do some don't. I am sure he will write some songs especially for the baritone that he will never play on a regular guitar. When we did a on air radio interview the other day in Ashland OR, Tim agreed to play a little on the air and they requested a song and we had to go get the 12 string out of the van because he had only brought in the 6 string. Certain songs require the right instrument for Tim.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2001 :  11:47:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's what I figured but knew it couldn't hurt to ask. :)
-J

Go to Top of Page

MC
Try A Little Harder

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2001 :  01:49:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think there was one show on the FTP durring which Tim broke a string or had some electrical problems and had to use "the other" guitar to play a few songs. I vaguely remember it, I know Tim said something to the crowd, something to the effect of, "son of a bitch, thats not a good way to start a show, oh well, i can still play the songs on this one, ha ha." I dont know if it was before he played "Feeling Doors" or if it was the six string or the 12 string that got messed up. If I find it, I will let you know.

MC

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2001 :  7:30:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I confirmed my info with Tim and indeed it is correct. Hopefully the show MC is talking about has that song on the 6 string because of the technical difficulties although Tim says he may have had to change the way it was played if he used a different guitar. He does not remember the specific incident so he is not really sure. Just thought I would let you know.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000