Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 So, how was everyone’s Thanksgiving? ? ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2002 :  03:13:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine was pretty good. I had two Thanksgiving meals, one at my dads around 2 o'clock, and finished up at my grandparents at around 7. Talked with the family, watched a bit of football, then went home. Then, later at night, me, my bro, and a good friend of ours got together, mixed a few drinks, and went outside in the cold to blow up some action figures when a few well tied firecrackers. It's 3 in the morning now, so I should probably hit the sack. How was everyone elses? ? ?

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2002 :  03:37:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well, let's see, I posted and then I posted and then I did a little posting and then some more posting and then back to posting and posted and posted some more and posted!!!

Yeah, that's about it.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2002 :  03:44:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wait, wait, wait....and I masturbated!!!

Yep, that's about it.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2002 :  07:31:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many times....don't forget the "many times" Fluffy, heheehe

I went to bed late the night before, got up early, had my date with "Tom" all 22 lbs of him....stuffed him.....made dinner. Only forgot to make the gravy which no one at my house likes anyhow....bunch of weidos they are, hehehe. Ate at 2pm.....tooo much......cleaned up the dishes drank wine...alittle more wine....alittle more wine and a little more wine then I posted, and posted and posted and did I mention, masturbated, and posted and posted and hehehehehehehe,

You gotta love this message board heheehe

Hey Fluffy...no Turkey dinner? You could have come to my house....I always cook for a small army...ofcourse you would have had to drive about 4 hrs to get here....is that how far away Philly is from DC? Once when I was a little girl my father took me on a plane to DC just so I could fly! He had a nanny in DC watch me while he went to his meetings. All I remember is that I had a hat on and I kept losing it in the museums and the old lady was getting pretty pissed at me! And I remember the flying which I loved!!!!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2002 :  11:11:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Mine was pretty fun. Besides having the best thanksgiving, I got to talk to my Hungarian Uncle and my Italian Uncle and, well, shit, I'm gonna be an uncle! THen after all of that happened, Me and my dad jammed a little in my family room. My dad rocks on a 12 string.

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2002 :  11:29:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's awsome Jay.....sounds like you have a great dad!!!! Ofcourse I knew he must be great because he took you to see Tim!!!!!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2002 :  5:39:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
He is great. He's taken me to every concert I wanted to go to, including two TR concerts. We never have any musical disagreements, and we lvoe eachother's music. It's awesome when you can pop in your favorite CD and your dad tells you he used to play that one when he was with his band.

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2002 :  6:52:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jay, consider yourself very lucky. It's great when you can bond over a common interest. When I went to the Dead concert on Sunday, the best part for me was dancing next to my daughter! So wonderfully special to be able to share a passion with her!!!

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2002 :  8:28:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Forgot to mention that I went to a Flyers game with my son today. We bond on sports and music. Unfortuately the game sucked....they looked horrible. The best part was when the guy in back of us yelled"Hit em with your hand bag!"

Also bonded with my daughter shopping today and decorating the house for Christmas! I must say our house looks awesome inside at Christmas time.....warm and cozy! Love this time of year!

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2002 :  01:06:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I enjoyed one of the least traffic-drives of my life up the 405 and the 101. (Local LA people can appreciate this.) Then I enjoyed preparing and eating a small, but tasty, Thanksgiving dinner with my Uncle Mike (one of my dad's youngest brothers), his wife Anna (who is too close in age to me to be called Aunt), and his step daughter/her daughter Crystal, who did not want to be there.

We had a great time talking about family stuff, their new house, life, the universe, and everything. After we watched a couple of DVDs (Ice Age, Spiderman) I drove home -- again in amazingly light traffic -- and slept for hours and hours! I love knowing there are days that it doesn't matter what time I get up.

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2002 :  01:17:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds like you had a real nice day! I know how it feels to be close in age to an aunt. I am closer in age to my nephew than I am to my oldest brother and sister. There are 5 of us and I am the youngest. I was an "accident" so there are years between my next older sister and I. Made my teen years feel like an only child.

And yes, I love mornings you can sleep in to whenever. Trouble is I don't get many of them because my dog doesn't know the concept of sleeping in!

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2002 :  12:30:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just realized I polished off a whole bottle of wine by myself....two days but still within 24 hrs. It was just sooo good and I kept having a little more and a little more and....well, it was gone. Worst part is I had some from another bottle before I drank this!
I feel sooooo relaxed....Should sleep well tonight!

Tomorrow I will get my act together and eat right and drink H2O. I have a 7 hour road trip to do tomorrow, 3 1/2 hours of it alone, so I have to have myself under control. I kind of like driving alone, I put my music in the cd player, turn the volume up and enjoy!!!!!

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2002 :  10:25:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nothing much happened. My sister came down from San Fransisco along with my step-sister. And my step-brother came with his girlfriend. It was a pretty small Thanksgiving. Very different than what we usually do. But it was still good. I just wish my mom made the orange bread that I love so much.

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2002 :  2:23:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's orange bread?? I assume it has oranges in it but what else? I make pumkin bread.

Not for Thanksgiving but I make my own spaghetti sauce and BBQ sauce ( that has beer in it along with tons of other things)

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2002 :  4:29:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Orange bread is fantastic. It's orange-flavored bread (obviously) that's also sweet. Lemme find a recipe or something......

Here we go.....the last one looks most like the one my mom makes because it had orange rinds in it instead of juice. But I think she uses pillsbury rising biscuits or something instead of actually making the bread.

http://www.thatsmyhome.com/bakery/sworan.htm

http://www.breadrecipe.com/AZ/OrangeBread.asp

http://www.culinaryarts.com/Recipes/recipefiles/orangebread.html

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2002 :  4:32:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I agree. Orange bread is good. I like olive bread better, but orange is good any time of day or night as long as I am hungry and have brought up by a man they call Johnson Lyle Lovette. And then maybe I could grab a burger for lunch and thgen maybe swing by and pick Joyce up to go bowling and then go to 7-11 and say Hi to Habib Hibernachiamo. Then He'll make me a burrito and we will live in infamy for ever, together.

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2002 :  7:16:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Jay, it sounds like you and your dad have a very similar and special bond like me and my father. Here is something I posted a while ago, but it reminded me of the way you were talking about you and your father. ENJOY

Posted - 11/16/2001 : 08:41:59 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My dad is awesome! I grew up listening to Buddy Holly, The Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Hollies, Cheech and Chong, Moody Blues, Guess Who, basically all the stuff my dad listened to. Also lots of 60's groups like Dave Clark Five and Beau Brummels. He was a DJ on top 40 stations all thru the 70s so I was exposed to lots of music thru him. I am quite thankful for it. I remember in my younger daze going record shopping with my dad. He even got me into collecting vinyl. I had quite a collection by the time i ventured out and discovered my first music on my own. The first album I bought without my dad turning me on to it was probably Alice Cooper "Billion Dollar Babies" and from there I was hooked. I have about 15,000 albums and about 5,000 CDs. Imagine what a rich man i would be if it had not been for my dad. Thanx to my dad i am Richer musically. And to me that is much more important. I LOVE YA, Dad!!!!

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=578

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2002 :  7:36:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is so awesome, both Fluffy and Jay and their dads.

My dad was special to me too. I was his little girl (youngest of 5).My dad was an executive...many trips to DC, even had lunch with President Johnson. I was in awe of him all of my life, but I didn't bond with him for years because he was always so busy...in fact if I had to ask him something really important I had to make an appointment with his secretary!

It wasn't until he took me to Europe when I was 16 and I had to fill my mothers shoes at all the receptions the USA was hosting, that we really bonded. The greatest thing he ever said to me was when we were coming home on the flight out of Madrid. He said "I left for Spain with a young girl and came home with a woman!"I love you dad!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2002 :  7:57:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thats quite a coincedence PJK, my dad said the same exact thing to me.
quote:
"I left for Spain with a young girl and came home with a woman!"

then he added, "You should try it sometime! Just don't get caught, you can go to jail for that!"

j/k

That is sweet.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2002 :  9:38:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fluffy! I'm a little thirsty.....

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2002 :  9:40:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hell, if your not going to take it...

How's 'bout a Flaming Moe.

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2002 :  9:51:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Patrick, just wanted to say thanks for the recipes. I am going to try the last one, the one you said was most like your mom's. I wanted to print these out before I forgot which post they were on!

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2002 :  2:35:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No problemo.......tell me what you think of it.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000