Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 !!!MY NEW GUITAR!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ccr152
Chatterbox

145 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  02:35:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Ccr152 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hey guys i havent stopped by in a while but i had to share my great news with everyone! she's an alvarez jumbo body cutaway 12string with preamp and stuff...anyway all that matters is it sounds great, came with elixir strings. here it is:
im so happy, i couldnt even breathe after i brought it back to my apartment.

take it easy. http://briefcase.yahoo.com/ccr152

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  05:16:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
All I can see is the "safe sex" gif. Must be the SmartFilter I'm browsing through. It thinks EVERYTHING is evil.

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  05:18:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I can't see it either, otherwise, that is one strange looking guitar. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  06:18:47 AM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ahh...I see you got the Alvarez Red X model...very nice

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  06:22:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So it is a jumbo cutaway with everything cutaway into the shape of an X and painted red? Or is the white part part of the guitar as well?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  08:28:41 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Ccr152: hey guys i havent stopped by in a while but i had to share my great news with everyone! she's an alvarez jumbo body cutaway 12string with preamp and stuff...anyway all that matters is it sounds great, came with elixir strings. here it is, im so happy, i couldnt even breathe after i brought it back to my apartment.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  09:17:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ahhhhh......very nice! Congratulations!

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  11:57:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very impressive.

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

Ccr152
Chatterbox

145 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  12:24:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Ccr152 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
thanks everyone, and thanks for resolving the confusion enthuTIMsiast.
it was a christmas/birthday present in one.

my OLD guitar was the alvarez red x cutaway model. the guy at the music store told me it was a good buy, but he suckered me out $120 for a guitar i couldnt even play!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  9:06:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Damn salesmen!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  10:09:54 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That is a very nice guitar. I've been wanting to get a guitar with a jumbo body for a while now. Does it sound as good as it looks?

Adam
Go to Top of Page

Ccr152
Chatterbox

145 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2002 :  12:35:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Ccr152 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
it sounds just as good yeah. its surprising how well the jumbo really does project the sound. its an 800 dollar guitar that i got for 400, because it was sent as a 'defect' because of a 'blemish', but ive looked and cant find it. this guitar at this price at this time of year was really a blessing from god. if you want a guitar, keep an eagle-eye on the local music shops and you'll get lucky sooner or later.

take it easy. http://briefcase.yahoo.com/ccr152
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2002 :  10:13:51 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, they had a Martin D-16GT at my local music shop that had a small knick on it. I talked the guy down to like 750, but decided to order a D-16RGT after all.

Small blemishes and knicks, especially ones on the underside of the guitar, the side that faces you as you play, are great, they knock off a lot of money, and you don't even notice them most of the time.

My friend got a really good guitar amp for nearly 50% off because the one side was all scratched to shit. The amp itself, the working of it, etc... is great, just the outside is fucked up, but it sounds great which is all that matters...that and the great price.

Adam
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2002 :  10:41:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is awesome! My muscial adventure is the Tabla. They are Indian Drums....amazing instruments you can get 20 different sounds from. I just got a book on the fundamentals of the tabla. I am studying that first and then I will be buying a AA Tabla for $500 (includes case). I am in the process of finding someone to teach me. I am lucky there is a rather large Indian community in my area so I don't think it will be hard to find someone to help me.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000