11/12/02 Muncie, IN Ball State Univ
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

earl_earl
Is Anybody Here?

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2002 :  10:05:50 AM  Show Profile  Send earl_earl an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone getting ready for the show here @ Ball State.. just wanted to know if anyone on here was going or anything.. ill be there in the front forw center ill have a long leave blue stiped shirt and most likely a video camera in my hand... look for me and maybe i can get your info and have a dvd headed your way....

smgallstars
Try A Little Harder

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2002 :  12:41:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit smgallstars's Homepage  Reply with Quote
earl_earl,

Hey man, hope to see you there. I'll be video taping, too. What kind of camera(s) will you be using (model & format)? Don't want to sound like a blow-hard, afraid it's too late. Seriously, maybe we work something out (hopefully way before the show starts) to where we'll have a multiple camera-mix to edit together, in post production.
We'll talk, maybe I can get your camera set up on the stage. That way we have several angles that will compliment each other and work well in editing. Also very important to try to get it either on a tri-pod, or set it on something so it's fixed. Excessive camera movement, especially shaking, tends to kinda mess up the videos overall quality. Also makes for problems when capturing and converting to any digital media, you'd mentioned a DVD. Any and all camera movement, shaking, panning, zooming as well as movement and changes in lighting of the subject being shot CAN increase hiccups and pixelization of the rendered digital footage.
I don't know what you're going for, in shooting video of the show tonight. If you just want something you shot to remember the show and maybe share with a few friends, surely I sound overboard and crazy . If you are planning on shooting something to spread to the trading community, we owe it to them (the community) - as well as to Tim Reynolds (He sure does bust his ass to give us the BEST, as you'll see!) to at least try to get the best footage we can - while still having a good time watching the show.
Just wanted to pose the aforementioned, to you. I believe the only way to REALLY fuck something up, is to not even bother - I had to at least ask you! IMPORTANT: whatever you/we decide to do or not; please set video camera to shoot in "SP" mode (you'll need to bring an extra blank cassette, if your camera is mini-dv format)AND DON'T use any digital zoom, use optical zoom.
Hope to see you at the show! It's gonna ROCK!
-Jason Drewes-

Check Out My Band: http://www.mp3.com/smgallstars
mail to: coldengrey1@attbi.com
Go to Top of Page

DaRavyn
Chatterbox

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2002 :  1:43:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit DaRavyn's Homepage  Send DaRavyn an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well the hour grows closer and I will be at Ball State Driving 5 hours to see yet another mind blowing show from Tim and gang Ill be 14th row but hey I cant get front row for 3 shows you know. See you all there and Good Luck Fuff with the show. Rob

Rob
Go to Top of Page

earl_earl
Is Anybody Here?

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2002 :  12:09:39 AM  Show Profile  Send earl_earl an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hey all... first off i like to give tim a big thanks for signing my guitar..... i ddint get my equipment in time to tape the show...BUT.!!! i jave a source that taped it and he was next to the soundboard... im not sure if he was plugged in my guess is yes..ill have to get back to you on that... but the show was awesome and thanks again tim....
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2002 :  12:46:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm am sorry to say, if you are talking about the guy who videoed from behind the soundboard, he was not patched in. House soundman could not accommodate. We did have someone upfront who recorded with mics, so between the two, the show should have a good audio recording and video recording. Maybe Mason can marry the two. Fact of note, we used the video screen belonging to the auditorium so the visuals were huge. Unfortunately, I don't think the gentleman who videoed the show included the entire screen in his shot. I think he focused it more on TR. It looked way kewl and it was the largest room we have played on this tour. Unfortunately, lighting was not optimum for photos so I got very few for the show. Well, it was a fun show none the less and I think that is all the news that is news for now.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2002 :  12:50:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info any way. Glad it was a great concert!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2002 :  01:16:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
NO PROBLEMO!!! Always glad to help!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

DaRavyn
Chatterbox

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2002 :  04:32:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit DaRavyn's Homepage  Send DaRavyn an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yet another mind blowing show from TR and the gang. I just want to say thanks again for all the hospitality from Tr Fluff, Rew, and Mason. And I happend to meet some cool people whil being there too. And you guys reply fuckin quick. I am jut getting home in Michigan at 4:30 in the am I am like hallucinating and shit driving home anyways. Thanks again Hope to hear from you all soon and Earl I e mail you those pics when I get them developed in the next few days. Guy good luck wit the rest of the tour. Guido "the Superpimp"
Ok just Rob

Rob
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2002 :  4:26:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Setlist from Ball State:

Snake
Radar
Glimpses
My Shadow

Face Off
They're Coming
Gas Mask
Time to Go
Uncover

Kundalini Bonfire
Hopeful Heresy

Backdoor
Souls

Indoctrinate
Pathetic

Jemez
Lift

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000