09/28/02 Philadelphia, PA Fire @Philly Bar & Grill
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2002 :  10:26:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The show that Tim put on saturday night at Philly was another night to be remembered. Tim was happier than I had ever seen hiom ( ok, I've only seen him three times total, but it was awesome). he was talking to the crowd a lot and having fun being wacky. The venue was the smallest one i have ever seen, and not in very good shape. I thought that when tim closed it off with Faceoff, more paint was going to come chipping off of the walls.
I was lucky enough to get in the show with Fluffy's help because I am not 21 yet but I didn't cause trouble... Erich and I stood right up front to see Tim's wizardry. I enjoyed the electric material this time more than in trenton or baltimore ( baltimore was all about the amazing acoustic encore).
There was not enough room for the visual projection to be displayed so there were just swirly colors behind Tim and the strobe light (by which he felt *violated* during the intro to Backdoor, haha).
The crowd wasn't as good as the fabulous Baltimore crowd, but was alright... some talking, but no yells for Stream that I heard. That makes two nights in a row... what's this world coming to... respectability? unfathomable.
After the show I got to talk with Tim for a little bit about books, free time, etc. He's a cool guy. I had trouble once again getting over the obstacle that is talking to your favorite musician of all-time.... but it was comforting to know that Tim doesn't act like a pompous rock star.
There was the trip to denny's in DE after the show... haha.. with BlackLotus, his cousin and *gorgeous* sister... can' beat some good french toast after being frenchly toasted by Tim. Excellent show once again.

(no time for lyrics)

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2002 :  2:28:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JFP, thanks for the great review! I couldn't make the show and I kept waiting for someone to write about it. I think Tim would do better with the North Star Bar next time, but hey, what do I know? Still wondering what happened to Liz because she is one of Tim's biggest fans. I e-mailed her directions to the show and that is the last I have heard from her.

I was glad to hear no one yelled for Stream. I assume there were no "where's Dave" calls either. Wow!!!! I know AOL had his concert listed in their top things to do in Philly that weekend and a pretty nice commentary but ofcourse it mentioned his connection with Dave.

I am also glad you got in and they weren't anal about it. I know a lot of bars that aren't strict, some that even serve under age, but I wasn't sure if this was one of them. Darn, I wish I had taken my daughter and her boyfriend....he is 21 and she will be in a week!
Anyway, thanks again for the review, it was greatly appreciated!

Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2002 :  2:57:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Liz didnt shoe :\... I dunno what happend to her, Fluffy said she was on her way and thats the last I heard from her too...

JFP - When the NYC show surfaces, i'll sedn that to you, that was probably my #2 fave of the shows i saw, #1 being Cleveland.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
ChaosView, the new Tim Reynolds tour archive
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2002 :  7:04:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erich, was that the Knitting Factory show as your 2nd favorite? How was it? Give us a quick review...PLEASE! I assume you took lots of pictures of the shows right? Hope you post some soon.

Go to Top of Page

SpaceMonkey
Chatterbox

315 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2002 :  11:28:22 PM  Show Profile  Send SpaceMonkey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The show was dope...dodging deer at 3:30 in the morning fog was not...

Tim was halarious all-night with the banter...I sat right up front next to JemezFoodPeople (Right?) and didn't even pay attention to what the crowd was doing/saying...I didn't hear any obnoxious shit either so that's a plus....forgot that taking flash photos of TR is not good, but I am glad I got some pics and I promise never to do it again....also glad to say I am overcoming my fear of talking to my fave musician by using subtle relaxation techniques and repetitive breathing patterns...I showed Tim my copy of "Behold a Pale Horse" by William Cooper...it's a crazy conspiracy book...highlight was Tim telling me that I reminded him of a bass player he used to steal away from his other band to play with...so I guess that means if I learn to play the bass I can be in the Pagan Underdogs, right?

Also got to see JonS and transport Erich (sleep well?) to Trenton...thanks to Mason and Fluffy for going out of their way for the fans. I had a blast at all three shows this tour..enough that I might hit a VA show....On behalf of all TR fans everywhere, thanks for the work you put in!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2002 :  12:10:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanx for the great reviews and the compliments, but THANX to all of you for all the support and friendship!!! Being a part of the TR camp definitely has it's perks.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000