New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2002 :  4:02:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Someone asked me about a song Jeff Buckley sang years ago and I got out his cd My Sweetheart The Drunk which was produced after his tragic death in 97'and listened to it....over and over again! (It came out in 98') It has the most wonderful music on it. My favorite is a song called New Years Prayer. He was the most talented musician.

I am guessing most of you are too young to have heard of him or his famous (asshole) of a father Tim Buckley who was also a musician.

If you can get a copy of MSTD I think many of you would really like what he did. Some of it reminds me of Tim's music...he was very much on the edge. One can only imagine where his music would have taken him (and us) if he had lived.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2002 :  5:30:14 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have a couple or so of his albums, but I didn't get into them so I never developed into a fan. I can say officially that I've both heard of him AND heard him, however.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2002 :  03:29:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey PJK, I am lucky to say I got a couple of opportunities to see Jeff LIVE at the OLD 9:30 Club. They were wonderfully awesome shows!! I really enjoy MSTD and also GRACE. I would also suggest locating a copy of Live @ the Sine if possible. I think it is an awesome acoustic rendering of some of his songs. BEAUTIFUL!!! Jeff Buckley was a huge loss. I was never a big fan of his fathers music although I am quite familiar with it. For my money, check out Jeff.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2002 :  06:42:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Once again thanks Fluffy...I will see if I can get a copy. Oh no....another cd to buy...hehehe!!! I just can't get New Years Prayer out of my mind!Bad when your mind is on "auto repeat" hehe

I was never into his fathers music either.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2002 :  12:42:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
There are much worse songs that could be on "auto-repeat" in your head. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2002 :  3:56:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Pam, I also answered another question of yours, but given the title of the thread, you probably haven't been back to see my response. Check it out when you have TIMe.

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2142&whichpage=2

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2002 :  4:29:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Fluffy, I went to the other site and read what you wrote...very interesting....now I sound like Klink from Hoagin's Hero's hehehe.

Ok, I ended up buying 2 more cd's....one was Live at the Sine, thanks for recommending that one, and the other one was Tim's Transmigration! Already rec'd Live at the Sine....it is pretty damn good! Can't wait for TIM's cd to arrive!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000