New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2002 :  10:29:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! I've completly fogotten how much fun this game can be. I've beaten the first battle at the monostary with ease, and took out those theifs at the beginning of Chapter 1. I've started brand new and fresh, but I gotta go read the manual...a whole lot more stuff to this game than I rememberd. Any tips offered would be great, since this is easily the toughest FF i've played. Hell, much better than going out and buying a strategy guide. I'm a nerd, haha.

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2002 :  10:39:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i tried that game once, never got the hang of it. but seemed interesting.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2002 :  10:41:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
never got the hang of it

Yeah, it takes a while to get into, and it sure as hell can get confusing at times.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2002 :  11:57:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hmmmmm......what kind of tips? I think the most important part of the game is that you should always have a diverse job class among your party members. I usually never have more than one character per job. You should also always have at least one curing character (either Chemist or Priest) or just make sure that someone has their abilities in the second action function. I always try to balance my team. I have strong characters (e.g. knights, monks, lancers, etc.) "weak" characters (e.g. wizards, priests, chemists, etc.) and long range characters (archers, chemists(they later get guns), wizards, etc.) A balanced tean in the best kind because you can cure and fight, and attack from close range and far range. I tell you more in a few, because I'm getting off of work right now.

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2002 :  12:10:23 AM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This is pretty off the subject, but hey, it's Squarsoft.

Have either one of you ever play Xenogears? That's probably one of the hardest RPGs I've ever played.

"Now that's ripe!"

lnk cr b82rez 2g4
"Me was tryin' to save time."
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2002 :  12:16:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OK. I'm back in my room. Let's see.......alright, another important concept is the JP. The kewl thing about this game is that you get JP whenever you do something successfully. This means you get JP for hitting enemies and your own party members. A quick way to learn different abilites faster is to go into a random battle, kill all the enemies except one, and have your party members start wailing on each other. I would do something small like Throw Stone so you don't lose very much HP. When a character's HP gets low, just cure him or give him a potion (preferable cure since it won't take money to replace).

Here's a good reference site that will most likely answer any of your questions. If you have any you want to ask me, just go ahead.

Damn! Now I want to play the game! But I need to study......d'oh well, playing it after the test will make it more enjoyable.

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2002 :  06:34:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Have either one of you ever play Xenogears? That's probably one of the hardest RPGs I've ever played.

Yes, I have. My friend let my borrow his copy, and I played for a couple of days. Its pretty hard, but I never got past that big boss robot in that cave.

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2002 :  06:37:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
random battle,

Honestly...I was unaware of random battles. I was under the impression that FFT was just a straight line or course through the story. I'm such a fool! No wonder I wasnt as strong as I would've liked to have been. So, random battles are accomplished by walking back and fourth on the world map correct?

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2002 :  06:40:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
and have your party members start wailing on each other. I would do something small like Throw Stone so you don't lose very much HP. When a character's HP gets low, just cure him or give him a potion (preferable cure since it won't take money to replace).

Thats a really creative idea. Did you come up with that yourself? I would've never thought of beating the hell out of my own people.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2002 :  07:01:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I know......I think I did. But I might have read it somewhere. It is tedious, but it pays off big when you fight the "necessary" battles. For example, I used that just yestersay (well I guess two days ago) and when I went on that level that you couln't beat, I killed that wizard in one attack with my wizard.

Also, You just get into random battles on the green squares. SomeTIMes they happen like 5 in a row, others 1 in 10.

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2002 :  07:04:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Damn! I wish I could try it now, but I have to get ready for school,

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2002 :  4:09:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I know how you feel. I really want to play it, but I have a physics lab in 2 hours, and I have a religion paper due on Thursday. I need to control myself and not play that game for a few days. Damn you HTG for making me play this game again!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2002 :  4:12:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Damn you HTG for making me play this game again!!!!!

I do what I can. And good luck on the paper, i'm more than able to give some helpfull adive, lol. But tonight i'm going to try and level up my characters. Right now I should re-read the manual.

Go to Top of Page

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2002 :  4:24:03 PM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I never got past that big boss robot in that cave.

That's the same one I can't get passed either, the one where he flies around for like 2 minutes then he finally lands?

But any way, back to Final Fantasy Tactics.

"Now that's ripe!"

lnk cr b82rez 2g4
"Me was tryin' to save time."
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2002 :  07:26:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So far i'm making good progress. I'm still leveling up my characters, and I have an archer with a cross bow who's doing good. I have a priest thats using white magic, now I dont have to rely so heavily on potions. Ah...good stuff.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2002 :  07:29:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'd suggest converting to a long bow instead. Better range, but you probably haven't gotten that far yet.

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2002 :  07:30:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, the cross bow was all I could by at the time. What about this: Should I try and make a Wizard right now? And level him off? I've been thinking about it. Or maybe a Monk.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2002 :  07:35:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hmmmmmmm.....first, what else do you have in your party? Because if your other three characters are along the lines of knights and squires, then I'd go with the wizard. But if your physical attack is weak, I'd go with the monk.

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2002 :  07:40:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll check up everything when I come back from school. Gotta run.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2002 :  07:44:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Good idea.......and I'm going to bed.

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2002 :  07:45:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But before I go, a quick FlamingJoemoe before school.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2002 :  07:46:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Good God, man! It's 7:45 in the morning!

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2002 :  5:35:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know...I have a problem.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic