New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2002 :  2:45:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, first of all i'm sorry for posting about DMB here on this board, but I’m so excited that I only had to sit behind 3 people in line at my local Publix to grab some tickets. Wow, this is awesome; I’ll be seeing DMB for the second time in one year, excellent.
Anyone else going?

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2002 :  2:56:54 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Atlanta?

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

joemoe
Try A Little Harder

77 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2002 :  2:57:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me too HTG. This is going to be awesome. There was only about 5 people in line in the Publix here in Athens. It was sweet. I got 3. I dunno about you but i'm so pump up for this show. I'm looking forward to "Crush" and "Dreaming Tree" (hopefully!)
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2002 :  2:58:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, Atlanta. And i'm looking to hear "Seek Up"

Go to Top of Page

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2002 :  3:10:35 PM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hell yeah, I got my hands on some too. Can't wait!

"Now that's ripe!"

lnk cr b82rez 2g4
"Me was tryin' to save time."
Go to Top of Page

Jamie M
Chatterbox

Canada
404 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2002 :  4:38:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm gonna be going to the Rochester show. I'm really not happy with the price though, ended up paying $90(Can), rediculous.
Should be a pretty good show though, small venue.
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2002 :  5:47:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
small venue.

That would be awesome. I can only imagine how much better the atmosphere would be.

Go to Top of Page

Jamie M
Chatterbox

Canada
404 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2002 :  7:33:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it will make that big a difference. There's no balcony, but it's still like 10 thousand capacity or something around there.
It's gonna be a 3hr drive, hopefully there'll be a good set.
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2002 :  7:49:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From all of the buzz on nancies.org, this winter tour will probably be DMB's finest.

Go to Top of Page

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2002 :  8:03:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not to be a pessimist, although that's exactly what I'm going to be, I'm sorry to hear you're wasting your money for tickets on that band. Particularily since you've seen them this year, so it's not like you'll see an entirely new or different show, and also that you expect the finest from what you've heard on Nancies. The finest was probably the early years, around 1993, with arguably the 1998 tour offering some great potential, and unfortunately most of the Nancies-ites are too blind to see the backward progression that band is taking. Oh well, that's only my thought on the band that broke my faith in music... Luckily I found it again in this CD titled See Into Your Soul.
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2002 :  3:39:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What does JTR stand for?
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2002 :  3:41:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jack the Ripper?
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2002 :  3:42:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jump the rope?
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2002 :  5:00:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On one version it's "John the Revelator" but people just call it JTR.

Go to Top of Page

Jamie M
Chatterbox

Canada
404 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2002 :  5:24:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JTR
Oh well, that's only my thought on the band that broke my faith in music...

Surely you're exaggerating. I mean come on, what the hell are you talking about? If you don't like the new stuff, then maybe your musical taste has changed, or maybe their music has changed just enough that it doesn't fit your taste anymore.
But I'd say they've been playing damn good shows from what I've been seeing of them. The setlists at the shows I went to weren't great, but I still enjoyed them. And don't think anyone will be buying a ticket to see them just because some Nancies chumps are predicting a good tour. In fact there I'd probably agree with you that their finest was likely before I'd ever even heard of them. That's irrelevent though man, they're still a good band, and worth seeing in my opinion.
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2002 :  6:41:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
On one version it's "John the Revelator" but people just call it JTR.

LOL, please excuse my ignorance. I thought you were refering to the Dave Matthews Band song, "JTR." I just now realized you were talking about the TR board member, lol.

Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2002 :  08:27:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was referring to BOTH. I was wondering why, if JTR the
board member, named himself after JTR the DMB song, did he write negative things about DMB. Or maybe they stood for something else. Thats why I asked. I guess it was a little sarcastic.
Just a little.
Go to Top of Page

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2002 :  11:52:38 PM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Particularily since you've seen them this year

I personally can't wait to see them again a second time.

"Now that's ripe!"

lnk cr b82rez 2g4
"Me was tryin' to save time."
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2002 :  03:24:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TalkingNeurons

I personally can't wait to see them again a second time.

So that means that this makes three? (just pinch-hitting for teri)

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2002 :  07:04:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's just excited. But i'm also looking forward to the new Folsom Field CD/DVD comming out next friday. The set list isnt that spectacular, but there's alot of songs. 21 I think.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2002 :  08:20:06 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That comes out next Friday? I'd better get my preorder on, huh?

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2002 :  2:49:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, when you live where you do I guess preorder is the way to go. I always end up getting screwed here because it comes out before I get them in the mail and they are usually cheaper in the stores.

Chalk up another cd to my list......my cd addiction is never going to get better is it????

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2002 :  3:46:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you pre-order you are automatically entered to win free front row seats to the Garden shows. By tomorrow that is.......
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2002 :  3:50:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoa! Excuse me, it comes out Nov. 5, next Tuesday. Sorry, in all my excitement I didnt even check correctly, whoops.

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2002 :  4:03:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Evergreen, I NEVER win anything but maybe it is worth preordering for the chance? Oh.....and a sticker.....who uses those anyway?

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2002 :  04:43:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll admit, my name does reflect a song I love from a band I once loved a lot more. But, DMB was great, and now I only see a shell of what they were. But in the end, my opinion is not the law. Everyone has their own position as far as music goes, and it's not something you can truly force onto someone else. I'm just a bitter person I guess. Oh by the by, I would change my name, but I don't want to start over in the post-count and besides, my name does still have the TR in it.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2002 :  07:24:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PJK

Oh.....and a sticker.....who uses those anyway?

I put a DMB one on my Highway 41 sign that I stole. I made sure to place it right over where it says "Property of the State of California" on it.

And JTR, I know exactly how you feel. I used to listen to and play nothing but DMB, but now I can only listen to one of their CDs every once in a while.....and I've forgotten a bunch of their songs. D'oh well......I still have my TIM stuff!!

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2002 :  07:25:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awe, you aren't bitter, why the hell would anyone get bitter over music? I love all kinds of music, but there's very little that really moves me or makes an impact on my life so to speak. Who cares if you don't feel DMB is any good any more? This is a "TIM" board.....now if you were to say you didn't think Tim was any good any more the verbal fists would be flying, hehehe.

I think this topic has been covered before as to the fact that when a band gets "big" and signs with a label a certain amount of work is expected in a specific time period, thus a lot of sell out stuff and DMB is no exception. I still like what they are putting out, but it isn't the music that really moves me.

No matter who the artist is, when you compose a gazillion number songs, they aren't all going to be great.

As far as concerts go, I went to a DMB concert last July...had great seats and a great time but have no desire to see them live in concert again. The sound system where I saw them sucked and I am into a little bit different(older/more mature) crowd. But thats me...I still think they put on a good show and I am glad I went to see them. I am happy for the board members who got tickets to see them and will enjoy reading their reviews about the show.....ya know, what ever floats your boat!

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2002 :  10:38:06 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Pam, the only cd I've ever preordered I actually got before it came out in stores. Maybe 3 or 4 days before. But I went on and preordered the new one and the DVD too, cause I don't have any of their dvds... I'm like everyone else that spoke here, I'm not into them nearly as much as I used to be, but I will still buy anything they put out musically.

quote:
Oh.....and a sticker.....who uses those anyway?

I have a huge plastic box that I keep lots of my hiking gear in. I put all my interesting stickers on there. I think it's pretty cool...and I'm pretty particular about stickers - none on my truck, guitar cases, nothing like that. So I found that place that is a free for all for stickers. Like the House Of Blues sticker I got in LA (if you remember that)...went on there. I like it a lot.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2002 :  11:37:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's pretty cool about the hiking gear box...I can imagine it's a cool place for stickers. The House of Blues sticker must be awesome!

I have one of those DMB stickers on my car. I didn't have a choice. My daughter went with me to the concert, which was a lot of the reason it was so much fun...we got crazy and really bonded. Anyway she knew I liked DMB and last spring when she and her friends were shopping in New Hope (PA) she came home with a surprize for me.

She told me she had bought something for me. Well, it turned out to be a poster of Dave! Ok, I like the music and I think Dave is a wonderful person, but having Dave on my wall....I think not....maybe if I was 20 again, but not now! Anyway, I thanked her and then discreetly "forgot" to hang the poster up. So then after the DMB concert she smiles and says, "I got you something when I went out to get a drink"....and she pulls out the sticker! You should know I had just bought a brand new Chrysler Town and Country so I wasn't thrilled about putting a sticker on it, but then I thought, what the hell, I can't ignore her thoughtfulness twice and it just has the letters DMB in that oval shape, so hey, why not. The next morning I let her put in on my bumper...it is right in the center...and you know what? Every time I see it I get a smile on my face, not because of the band, but because of my daughter!

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2002 :  5:29:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats on the tickets. have you seen the track listing for the new live dmb cd, doesn't look very pleasing to the ears. Still i will buy it cause DMB is what started me listening to good music(TR, Phish, jambands, jazz, etc..) if it hadn't been them to open that door i'd still be listening to korn. i only saw dmb live once, in c-ville right after everyday came out, so i was a bit dissapointed, but busted stuff for me redeemed them. i hope it's a good concert!

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2002 :  5:46:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah VWF, I agree with you on the track listing. Theres way too much Everyday songs on there. I guess well have to wait and see. I'm grabbing my copy after school tommorow.

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2002 :  5:47:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And i'm sorry for mentioning DMB on this board. I always feel so dirty afterwards....

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2002 :  9:18:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL You're so funny! I don't mind talking about DMB, I just get really bummed when people talk about Tim and Dave doing another tour, and that is only because I think that would be a step backwards for Tim....again, just my opinion and not particularly shared by everyone else.

Ok,you feel dirty at the mention of DMB and I can't look at the letters D-M-B wihtout thinking of putting a "U" in between the D and M. I keep waiting for someone to put a "U" on my sticker on my car!!!

BTW I got my new DMB cd and dvd in the mail today, along with Tim's Chaos View......bet you know which one I've been listening to!!!!Tim is sooooo amazing!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2002 :  10:16:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DUMB...DMB...DUMB....HAHAHAAHAHAAHHA!!!!

God that was oddly really really funny, maybe it's just late...

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

Jamie M
Chatterbox

Canada
404 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2002 :  10:52:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JTR

I'll admit, my name does reflect a song I love from a band I once loved a lot more. But, DMB was great, and now I only see a shell of what they were. But in the end, my opinion is not the law. Everyone has their own position as far as music goes, and it's not something you can truly force onto someone else. I'm just a bitter person I guess. Oh by the by, I would change my name, but I don't want to start over in the post-count and besides, my name does still have the TR in it.

Absolutely you're entitled to your opinion, but let me remind you of part of your post:
quote:
I'm sorry to hear you're wasting your money for tickets on that band.

That's not exactly something I enjoy reading.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000