Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 question for everyone
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ccr152
Chatterbox

145 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2002 :  2:18:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Ccr152 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
what is the most beautiful song youve ever heard?

take it easy. http://briefcase.yahoo.com/ccr152

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2002 :  3:12:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Pachelbel's Canon

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2002 :  4:56:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hhhmmm, for me, it would have to the the acoustic version of #41 off of Luther College D&T.

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

revrendmaynard14
Chatterbox

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2002 :  5:38:41 PM  Show Profile  Send revrendmaynard14 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Love of My Life-Dave TIM and Santana
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2002 :  6:17:47 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Great choice Erich. I'm not sure what I'd pick, but what you picked would definately be right up there. The most beautiful song I've ever heard...I simply can't know. Today I might say one thing, tomorrow another.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2002 :  7:25:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i don't knoew about beutiful...the most inspiring one though i'd say so far would be is Dancing Nancies. i love the lyrics.

A nice word and a gun will get you alot farther than just a nice word
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2002 :  7:46:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are so many, "In My Life",and "And I Love Her" by the Beatles comes to mind, and one of my favorites "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" by George Harrison, oh and James Taylor's "You've Got A Friend".

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2002 :  8:00:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like I said soooo many: I almost forgot my 2 favorites, "Ripple" and "Attics of My Life" both by the Grateful Dead!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Ccr152
Chatterbox

145 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2002 :  8:19:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Ccr152 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
cannon is definitely up there for me and you guys should listen to staraflur by sigur ros, cristofori's dream by david lanz, and thanksgiving by george winston.

Go to Top of Page

Jamie M
Chatterbox

Canada
404 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2002 :  9:14:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If Pachelbel's Canon is the one I'm thinking of, then that's really weird, I've liked that since I was like 10years old, never could explain why though. It's been a while since I heard it.
As for my choice, I'd have to agree with HTG, Tim's solo is so perfect in that version.
Hey Ccr, I heard sigur ros for the first time a few days ago, i was really impressed, though I find it hard to adjust to foreign singing.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2002 :  9:17:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hmmmmmm.....

You Are My Sanity
#41 (T&D)
Secret Garden

I know there's more.......

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2002 :  9:27:59 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I agree pcbdmb, there are more...than I could name. I mean, for a song to be "the most beautiful song [I've] ever heard" I would have to enter another state of consciousness or something. There are so many songs that I enjoy. I don't know...maybe I'm just evading the question. I don't like to commit.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2002 :  10:36:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Geez....you're not picking out a girlfriend here! It's just a song.

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2002 :  01:05:59 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
There Is No Judgement by our own Tim Reynolds is definitely a top pick for me.

As far as other artists, too many to choose from.
Folk Song by David Gray is up there too.

Adam
Go to Top of Page

Ccr152
Chatterbox

145 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2002 :  01:34:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Ccr152 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jamie M

Hey Ccr, I heard sigur ros for the first time a few days ago, i was really impressed, though I find it hard to adjust to foreign singing.

yeah, i understand what you. ive always been the type to focus on lyrical content just as much as the musical. but the key is just focus on the tone, and feeling of a sigur ros song...just think of his voice as another instrument that just makes the overall melody even better. or something. check out 'the nothing song' too, excellent.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2002 :  04:23:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I could never choose between genres because each has beauty in its own respect. In one sense, lyrics may move you, in another melody. But I can say with certainty that as far as music without lyrics goes, it is most certainly Chopin's Nocturne in E flat for me. It's one of the few songs I know that is so beautiful that I can hardly bear to listen to it with my eyes open.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2002 :  04:25:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
By the way... GREAT topic!

Go to Top of Page

Street-Samurai
Is Anybody Here?

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2002 :  04:33:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A few that come to mind: Los Alamos is Burning, What Will Become of Me, #41, and that new Christina Aquilera song
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2002 :  05:39:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
and that new Christina Aquilera song

That "Dirrty" one? Good choice. lol.

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

joemoe
Try A Little Harder

77 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2002 :  06:45:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, she's hot.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2002 :  06:54:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah she's good.......
FOR ME TO POOP ON!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2002 :  04:19:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Probably a BEATLES song, but I can't even begin to narrow it down to just one. That's a toughie.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000