Server....is it ever going to be back?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Baboonboy
Chatterbox

USA
195 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2002 :  03:19:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Baboonboy's Homepage  Send Baboonboy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I wanted to download the albums...but...as you all probably know....it ain't workin...

Is there an ETA on when they might be available again?

Thanks!

peace.

ICQ - 578587
AIM - bluwaterbaboon

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2002 :  08:34:23 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure I'm following you. I'm guessing you meant Petroglyph and ID? Well, the FTP here probably won't get them to you, but there is a music download page that Erich has gotten going, which doesn't have those at this time either. However, I know Erich's in the process of working out with the site how to label the non-live cds, so maybe they'll be up there eventually.

Hope that helps.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2002 :  11:31:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah, im going to see about geting ID and P-Glyph up on there, it would be a definate service since this ftp is pretty gone for now.

~pw'oikr

...Thoughts of love and babies and comfortable slippers on autumn nights...

And the further I get from the things that I care about
The less I care about how much further away I get
~Robert Smith
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2002 :  11:37:55 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'd love to get P-Glyph. By the way, thanks Erich for the shn copy of ID. Maybe at some point we can work out something so that I can get P-Glyph from you. I'm sure I have some show you'd like to put on the download page.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

captain_napkins
Is Anybody Here?

31 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2002 :  10:07:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Petroglyph is definitely my favorite of the two. Hmm, but does anyone else agree that Tim has a much more defined style on the acoustic guitar than electric? At least that I can tell anyway. What sort of 'trademarks' does tim have on the electric?
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2002 :  10:44:50 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This is just sort of an interest finding thing, but is there anyone out here that is an active trader that has P-Glyph? Because I trade (reference my site in profile) and I don't have P-Glyph. And if there's someone out there that has it, I'll be willing to do a trade that very much favors you (and by that I mean a 2 for 1 or something).

Thanks.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2002 :  5:50:30 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok I now have Petroglyph (shn, wav) if anyone wants it. Can't offer it thru the internet, but I can burn it for you if you want to send me some blanks and postage. I'll be updating my list soon, and I'll be happy to offer anyone whatever they want (within reason, and only via snail mail). That includes video, which I will update within a week.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2002 :  02:47:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If you email Jon Soldo, he says he still has it on his computer. He is happy to send it to someone, providing that person helps out and forwards it to others to save Jon having to do it everyTIMe. Anyway, I would contact Jon, you can still get either of them from him. He told me the other day on the phone, as soon as school ends, he hopes to get a new computer and maybe be able to use his old one to host a permanent FTP. I don't understand all the particulars(surprise, surprise) but hopefully we should have a site of some kind available again soon.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2002 :  09:51:16 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Not sure what you're talking about here Fluffy...I just offered all the FTP stuff to anyone wanting any of it. Like I said, I can't do downloads for them, but I WILL do blanks and postage. So everyone that wants any of this now officially has a reliable source.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2002 :  07:36:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
All I was pointing out was that if they prefer to download it as opposed to B&P, Jon is more than happy to send it to anyone who wants it. All he asks it that they pass it on as well.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2002 :  5:51:41 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This is probably selfish of me, but I'll go on and lay it out there. The server still works, no matter what you might think. I've been getting the videos off of it for about a week. Yes, connecting is a very big problem. But once you do connect, you can get what you want. I got all of the videos (and I already had all the shows), so I know that it works from experience. And this was within two weeks....

So if you get the error that's common (I can't remember what it is at the moment), just be patient. I know there's a limit to the # of users. And if the limit isn't one, it's two...it's very low. Not that that's a problem, I mean, it's fine, if that's how it has to be, it just causes problems.

Anyway, the server WORKS, it's just hard to get in on it when no one else is. And that's what you have to do.

And if anyone here wants a show from the ftp, then I can B&P it for them. Sure it'll take longer and cost more (mailing only, of course), but you'll get it.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2002 :  9:12:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
well i'll be damned. Thanks Jason, im finaly getting back my beloved 10/26/00 show, easily my favourite tim show. I might get a few of the MP3 shows, too, just to have.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2002 :  4:20:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

quote:
Ok I now have Petroglyph (shn, wav) if anyone wants it. Can't offer it thru the internet, but I can burn it for you if you want to send me some blanks and postage

Hey I'd be into getting it from you. Email me your address
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2002 :  2:27:52 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
K I emailed you my addy.

I've found out that the FTP server isn't working like it was a week or so ago. It apparently now has another password (not tim:reynolds). So maybe it's down for good now (since it's not the same old error that it used to give and everyone thought it was down when it was really just full...)

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000