Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Give this 1 a try..Free will or synaptic wiring?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2002 :  08:22:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Free will or synaptic wiring? You be the judge. Check out the following exercise, guaranteed to freak you out. There's no trick or subliminal message. Just follow these instructions, and answer the questions one at a time and as quickly as you can! Again, as quickly as you can but don't advance until you've done each of them... really.

Now, arrow down (but not too fast, you might miss something).........

What is:
1+5

2+4

3+3

4+2

5+1

Now repeat saying the number 6 to yourself as fast as you can
for 15 seconds, then scroll down.

QUICK!!! THINK OF A VEGETABLE! Then arrow down.

Keep going.

You're thinking of a carrot right? If not, you're among only 2% of the population who thought of something else. 98% of people will answer with carrot when given this exercise.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2002 :  08:36:32 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Gah, I hate when I do what I'm supposed to do.

Yes, I thought carrot.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2002 :  11:25:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
that was so weird, i said carrot too...

~pw'oikr

...Thoughts of love and babies and comfortable slippers on autumn nights...

And the further I get from the things that I care about
The less I care about how much further away I get
~Robert Smith
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2002 :  12:06:47 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I thought tomatoe, but then again, that's a fruit!

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2002 :  5:41:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought of potato.....

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

dick mountjoy
Chatterbox

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2002 :  6:25:48 PM  Show Profile  Send dick mountjoy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i thought of asparagus

"Go Banana!" - Ralph Wiggum
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2002 :  7:07:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Asparagus....Asparagus...HaHaHa...I don't know why I think that is so funny but I do! Now I don't feel so strange having said potato!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2002 :  7:20:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Zuchinni....and I don't know why. I hate that stuff.

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2002 :  7:32:48 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
pineapple coconut blue green apple book.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2002 :  7:35:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
"Skinner said the teachers will crack and minute purple monkey dishwasher."
"Well! We'll show him.....especially for that purple monkey dishwasher remark."

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2002 :  9:24:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
is tomato a vegie, if so thats what i thought of.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2002 :  11:12:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I thought of broccoli (sp?)

Tomato's are a fruit. Just like you. HA. Man I got him good. Eh? Come on, tell `em. Yeah, see? Eh? EH!?

Robots are the enemy? Hmm...
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2002 :  12:17:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes. Good job Fleabass. Here's a cookie.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2002 :  12:33:46 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Is that a soft cookie or a crispy one. Cause if it's crispy, then it must be destroyed.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2002 :  01:33:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I dunno.......but it looks pretty soft to me......mmmmmm.......crumbled-up cookie things....

Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2002 :  02:10:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sweet, someone finally rewarded me for my inane ramblings.

Robots are the enemy? Hmm...
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2002 :  11:39:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Yes. Good job Fleabass. Here's a cookie.
HAHAHAHAHA, o that was good.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2002 :  2:05:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Quiet, fruit.

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2002 :  7:59:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
aww .... rasberries.

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2002 :  9:38:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I thought tomatoe, but then again, that's a fruit!

I did too....strange.

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2002 :  04:55:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Strangely, when I first did it, I thought of artichoke. I still can't figure out why this one works the way it does. 98% say carrot. WHY???

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2002 :  06:14:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
And it seems like all of the 2% are right here on this message board.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2002 :  07:24:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We are a UNIQUE bunch, to say the least!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2002 :  08:35:47 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ha yeah pcbdmb it does seem like all 2% are right here. People are strange (when you're a stranger...).

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2002 :  09:27:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Faces look ugly
When I look in the mirror

No wait, that's not right. NEVERMIND

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2002 :  5:19:57 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
for the record I thought of Carrot...

Yo Fluffy, do you like artichokes? I absolutely love them and I wish they were in season more often.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2002 :  07:46:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I LOVE ARTICHOKES!!! We used to live in Salinas CA which is just right around the corner from:

CASTROVILLE
Artichoke Center of the World Pop: 7168 City Info: 831-647-7715
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This small town lies in the heart of California's Central Coast farm country less than 100 miles from San Francisco and less than three miles from the Pacific Ocean and public beaches. Prime land less than 3 miles from the beach and 10 miles from Salinas in Monterey County is blessed with the perfect climate for growing artichokes. For over 50 years, this "Artichoke Capital of the World" has celebrated harvests of their number one crop with an Artichoke Festival held usually in May. In 1947 a young woman named Norma Jean was crowned Castroville's first artichoke queen. She later was known as the famous actress, Marilyn Monroe. John Steinbeck graced the town in a different manner, by using it as the setting for his short story, Johnnie Bear.

Founded in 1863, Castroville is the second oldest town in Monterey County. Agriculture sprang up with crops of sugar, hay, beets, grain and dairy farms. The artichoke, for which it is now known, began appearing in fields around 1920. Just a few miles inland from the Pacific Ocean is where you will find this old fashioned community and where you can see the artichoke bounty. Pezzinni Farms is one of several store fronts selling artichokes and artichoke items brought in from the surrounding fields and made available to the public.
Castroville has a cute little main street pictured above called Merritt Street, some mobile homes, houses, churches, grocery and food markets, some of which advertise their products on window signs and outdoor placards written in Spanish. The usual shops line this town's main thoroughfare which is dotted with some historic looking buildings, colorful flag banners and unique wall murals. Colorful depictions of local history and figures of note, pay tribute to the town's heritage and its primarily Hispanic residents.

An annual artichoke festival is the big event around these parts. Like the garlic promoters in Gilroy and the broccoli farmers nearby, locals know how to make artichokes into many food items you have never imagined. The festival is a wonderful time to visit and prepare your taste buds for some gourmet dining. Sec the California Events page for the date of the festival.

One hundred percent of all artichokes grown commercially in the United States are grown in California. Approximately 75 percent of the state's total acreage lies within Monterey County. And while artichokes were ranked only 11th in crop value for this agriculturally rich area, with an estimated worth more than $37 million, growers point proudly to the fact that the artichoke is the county's Official Vegetable.

Stop at one of the artichoke restaurants and dine on farm fresh produce, including some of the biggest artichokes available on the planet! Two major artichoke packers are located here, along with the nation's only artichoke processing plant. Is it any wonder that the townspeople have proclaimed Castroville "The Artichoke Center of the World," and that they celebrate with the annual Artichoke Festival in May?

MAKE THE TRIP SOMEDAY, IF YOUR REALLY LIKE ARTICHOKES!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000