acoustic simulator
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

toolbasket
Is Anybody Here?

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2002 :  2:26:52 PM  Show Profile  Send toolbasket an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i was looking at new pedal. The boss ac-2 acoustic simulator. does this pedal serve a serve the same purpose as the ag-stomp? what are the main differences besides the price and the mic-modeling?
if any body knows please let me know.
thanks

toolbasket
Is Anybody Here?

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2002 :  5:13:28 PM  Show Profile  Send toolbasket an AOL message  Reply with Quote
doesnt anybody know? I want to use the ac-2 with an acoustic guitar in order to get a better acoustic sound. Can this pedal be used for this?
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2002 :  5:41:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have a boss acoustic simulator and it sounds pretty good, but TR's setup definitely sounds better.

Go to Top of Page

CheersDtoT
Try A Little Harder

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2002 :  12:44:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hey Silky ...... well you know how TR uses a SansAmp Acoustic DI Pedal .....well do you know hoe much one of those cost ? Because I'm thinking about trying one . Also are they hard to find or are they mostly available everywhere ????? Cheers !

R.I.P - Lynn & T.J.
I Love You Guys !
Go to Top of Page

ngetal
Is Anybody Here?

Canada
46 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2002 :  04:46:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit ngetal's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ive only tried out the boss acous simulator on a electric,wasnt the sound i was looking for...acoustic,could be neat tho...

for prices look at www.musiciansfriend.com

boos pedals are anywhere from 100$ to 250$ USD

ring modulators go ''zing zang zow''
Go to Top of Page

dick mountjoy
Chatterbox

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2002 :  6:14:14 PM  Show Profile  Send dick mountjoy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
SansAmp acoustic DI $189 at musiciansfriend.com
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=021023122605024167206022369788/search/g=home/detail/base_id/35163

"Go Banana!" - Ralph Wiggum
Go to Top of Page

GRock
Try A Little Harder

93 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  12:27:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit GRock's Homepage  Send GRock an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i own a Sansamp and would recommend it to anyone. it is an amazing DI. with that said i am wondering if anyone has a Boss AC-2 Acoustic simulator stomp pedal, and if it adds anything to acoustic guitar. i've used one with an electric at the store and it sounded alright (meh) but just wondered if anyone had any thoughts about this or things to try with the acoustic before i go to the guitar store.
Go to Top of Page

Arthur
Is Anybody Here?

6 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2003 :  09:01:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sansamp is very cool tool. Don't go mad with the blend control though, cos things get a little bassy/muffly. Used to own an ac-2, it was a bit like alcohol free beer.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000