amplifier
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

toolbasket
Is Anybody Here?

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2002 :  5:48:52 PM  Show Profile  Send toolbasket an AOL message  Reply with Quote
does anyone know what kind of amp tim uses. Is it an acoustic amp or what?

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2002 :  12:37:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
He plays through the house system using acoustic simulators/direct box and a yamaha dg to simulate a MS.

Actually, I really don't know. I just made that up... but I didn't want your post to go abandoned before Fluffy has a chance to answer.

Go to Top of Page

88 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2002 :  01:08:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well it sounds convincing.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2002 :  03:42:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TR actually had a computer chip installed in his brain so when he plays a guitar, he simply has to open his mouth to make it loud. As you can imagine, it sounds really kewl when he sings.

"Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor's a lot like a woman: you just have to read the manual and push the right button." - Homer
Go to Top of Page

ngetal
Is Anybody Here?

Canada
46 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2002 :  08:04:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit ngetal's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yay! lets all get what tim uses,we can even start a TR cover band and play open mic gigs on weekends!!! i got dibs on playing drum machine

ring modulators go ''zing zang zow''
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2002 :  2:05:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I call looping petals!

"Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor's a lot like a woman: you just have to read the manual and push the right button." - Homer
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2002 :  6:27:14 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
He used to use a Marshall, not sure of the model, its probably in the guitar setup page. But now, yes he uses the Yamaha DG Stomp, which is a kick ass pedal, so is the AG Stomp.

The DG Stomp is a very good, very accurate amp simulator. If you set it for Marshall, and put it through a decent PA, it sounds like a fucking Marshall! I think it simulates like 8 or 10 amps and 16 or 18 cabinets. It is also an effects processor, with stuff like compression, chorus, flanger, phaser, tremolo, delay, reverb, and wah.

The AG Stomp is more of a mic simulator. It simulates different kinds of condensers, dynamic mics, and tube mics. You can get either steel or nylon string sounds out of it. It has feedback reduction, which is useful, and I think it has Phantom power too.

You delay freaks may want to check out the newer UD Stomp from Yamaha. It has a lot of modulation and delay effects. A lot of the effect patches on it were actually programmed by Allan Holdsworth.

once again, do not buy the DG Stomp simply because Tim uses it...create your own sound!!!

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2002 :  6:35:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I just got a POD a couple weeks ago. I'm enjoying playing electric for the first time in years.

Go to Top of Page

toolbasket
Is Anybody Here?

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2002 :  1:50:19 PM  Show Profile  Send toolbasket an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i just wanted to get an idea of how to get a better acoustic sound from my amp. thanks

to you gay boys, go lick yourselves.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000