TRelated Topics
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2002 :  10:49:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i apologize, true or not i dont want to feul the bullshit.

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2002 :  11:32:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
They don't seem to like you very much over there. What did you do? Dammit, Erich! If you killed another DMB fan, I'm gonna be really mad at you!

"Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor's a lot like a woman: you just have to read the manual and push the right button." - Homer
Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  01:13:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  03:16:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So........they're a fan of a fan of TIM? Hmmmmmmmmm......seems rather strange.

"Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor's a lot like a woman: you just have to read the manual and push the right button." - Homer
Go to Top of Page

SurferX
Chatterbox

USA
263 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  04:27:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit SurferX's Homepage  Send SurferX an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Erich, let's try to keep those people out of here, eh? We don't need 1000 more posts about when the next D&T tour is, nor do we need to hear someone complain that TIM doesn't play Stream anymore...

--Zak Winnick
surfscape@socal.rr.com
AIM:SurfFilez27
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  06:51:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erich.....Step away from the DMB boards!!!!!! I agree with SurferX, don't ruin a good thing!

Go to Top of Page

DMBFanSJ
Try A Little Harder

78 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  12:33:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really hope this rumor is true....I'd die for a DMB + timE show

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  12:50:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
There has been no call to TR from Dave or his management about the possibility of them playing together anyTIMe soon. TR will be announcing more dates for the 2nd leg of his solo ELECTRIC ChaosView Tour soon and we are already talking about what we(TR as a solo entity)should do early next year. It is funny to see how bizarre rumors like that get way out of control. Just where do they come from, where are they first heard? I assume most of them come out of misquotes or misunderstandings. Who knows. Anyway, I certainly don't think it is worth getting all bent out of shape over. Take those kind of comments with a grain of salt until there is some hard, concrete evidence to back them up. People shouldn't get so worked up over them. People say alot of things.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  1:08:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
thanks fluffy... I kind of wanted it, but shouldve gone with what i really felt and said no. Kinda feel bad for getting peoples hopes in the wrong direction.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
ChaosView, the new Tim Reynolds tour archive
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  2:20:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Don't worry about it too much Erich, I think most people get their OWN hopes up. Anyone who places to much HOPE in a rumour deserves the crushing let-down of finding out it isn't true. It is much better to live your life based on "The FACTS" that are presented to you, not hearsay and rumours. I read the whole thread and I think you were honest and forthcoming and did not do alot to encourage peoples expectations. Don't sweat it too bad. You were just trying to help. If people are let down, it is there own fault for placing to much hope on a rumour.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  3:57:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey fluffy, do u know if there is any possablity of tim commin round saint paul next leg o the tour. and if so, everyone at my school keeps telling me to ask if he would possably come and do a seminar at mtech. If u think he would be interested let me know who would have to be called to book him, and i will tell the staff.

The school is big on finger style, and i often play them(both teachers and stuends) tims stuff and they really like it, so they would love to have him come and give a seminar about his style of playing. If your not sure as to if our school is worth the stop or not (im sure u do but still i have to show that we would be worth the stop) we had pat martino come last semester, and larry coryell this. and others that im sure tim would know of that i just cant think of. if not no prob, i just had to ask on behalf of the school. tnx.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  7:43:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Could the title of this thread be any harder to click on? I think not!

Anyway, As far as your area on the next leg, I am sorry to say that the next leg will take us from the DC Mid-Atlantic Region south to Florida with a few stretches out to OH. As far as TR doing a seminar, that would be something you would have to take up with Tom Baggott, the booking agent. I can mention it to TR myself, but in the past he has not been interested in taking on students or teaching. I do not know if he would rule out a seminar but "I" think it is highly unlikely. I will mention it to him when I see him again though. That is way kewl that you had Larry Coryell at your school. He is one of my faves and also TR is a pretty big fan. LC is quite amazing. I think there was a post about jazz a while back and I mentioned LC in very high regard as a recommendation. LC, like TR, has never limited himself to electric or acoustic. He is phenomenal at both like TR.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  9:55:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
rats, o well. thanks anyway fluf.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  10:08:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't completely give up hope, I would still contact Tom B about it. I don't know how much schools pay for something like that but Tom might be able to work something out. It is always worth a shot. You don't know until you try. Hope it works out, it would be really kewl.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  11:42:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
k, how would i can the school get into contact w/ tom?

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  11:45:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thru www.skylineonline.com

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  11:52:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
schweet, tnx fluf.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  11:54:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No problemo, but stop posting on this thread, I hate trying to click on the nonexistent title. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  11:56:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
haha, sorry....

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  11:56:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
whoops..... did it again.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  11:59:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Dammit, Curse you Saint Jude!!! j/k HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2002 :  01:10:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wherever there is post whoring.......I am there.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2002 :  01:35:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Back to the Friends section with your post whoring, Damn you!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000