Former Student of Tim's looking to sit in w/ him
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Andrew Craig
Is Anybody Here?

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2002 :  11:26:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Andrew Craig's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hi FLUFFY this is Andrew Craig here from the message board on his site one of Tims former students. You had invited me to come out and see him and you one night in person and i saw a particular date on the tour schedule in which i think this could be possible and i would bring copies of my CD for u to pass around to whomever u could (with the right connections AHEM LOL, just tell me how many u think i might need, they have 17 songs on em and are very professional looking). I was wondering if possible since i know that Tim is a true experimenter and might enjoy a lil bit of a breakup in the monotiny of his schedule that maybe he would allow me to sit in with him a bit. now keep in mind this is just a request and i will be coming to the show no matter what his decision is on this. Lemme know whether hed be playing acoustic or electric that night and id bring all my own equipment and all that. Oh and btw i just bought my 13th guitar a gibson SG in honor of his SG GOTHIC and the strap has the lil alien TR logo on it LMAO. The following is the tour date i was looking at:

11-06-02 Birchmere Doors: 6:00pm
Set: 9:00pm
(90 min set) $17.50 500 All 3701 Mt. Vernon Ave - Alexandria, VA 22305
(703) 549-7500

and also again if u have any questions of my ability to hold my own in a jam with tim just download one of these tunes: Southern Acoustic or George Harrison, RIP or 52 RI Tele and Marshall Blast off my MP3.com website at:

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/402/subconscious_social_experi.html

lemme

my websites are as follows, please check them out:
http://subconscious_soc_exp.tripod.com
signed,
Andrew Craig

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2002 :  04:25:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hi Andrew, good to see you still around. I have a question for you, and I hope you dont take this the wrong way because i totaly dont mean it maliciously, but why do you have to reiterate the fact that you were one of Tims students? Its not that that wasnt a wonderful event that surely taught you great deals, but I can imagine that because of your recent discussions with the board involving your former studies with him that Fluffy and the rest of the crowd would already be familiar with your connections to Tim. Again, just curiousity, nothing more.

As for the shows, tim plays electric for the majority, mixing it with a small helping (2-3 songs a night) of accoustic. theyve been phenominal shows :)

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
ChaosView, the new Tim Reynolds tour archive
Go to Top of Page

Andrew Craig
Is Anybody Here?

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2002 :  1:01:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Andrew Craig's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, Erich with an h, u are absolutely RIGHT i have no need to continuously refer to that fact. BUT consider this like in the music business when one falls out of the music business for a while even for a fraction of a second, when they havent had a hit for a while or something like that because the music buying public HAS ABSOLUTELY NO ATTENTION SPAN AS WE ALL KNOW LOL they need to show their credentials again and remind people of who they are and im not trying to be phosecious or any of that IM JUST TRYING TO GET AHEAD (as in "LIGHT UP AHEAD". This isnt meant to hurt anyone. And i guess ur right my name is well enough known around here now to the point where i dont need to refer to myself as Tims former student so again Im sorry for that. BUT ULTIMATELY THIS POST AND THREAD WAS FOR FLUFFY LOL WHERE IS HE???? HEH!!! SORRY ERICH REALLY BRO NO OFFENSE AND UR POINT IS TAKEN!!

signed,
Andrew Craig
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2002 :  2:42:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Andrew, you can e-mail Fluffy/Tim at: TimreynoldsTR3@aol.com
He does read the messages there. Pam

Go to Top of Page

j
Chatterbox

149 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2002 :  6:31:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit j's Homepage  Send j an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Andrew,
I visited your web page and checked out the music of Subconcious Social Experience. It wasn't what I expected at all from a former student of Tim Reynolds. I think you might have more success persuing a different avenue, such as using Tascam's minidisc 4-tracks as opposed to tape when recording.

"Have a moderately neato day. May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
-G.C.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  1:07:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Andrew, sorry to say TR hasn't taken up any offers to jam with anyone on any of the tours I have been on with him. He did have Greg Howard play with him on the encores of the shows they did together, but they have a history of playing together from way back. Of corse that was an acoustic tour and not an ELECTRIC tour. He did do one song, ONCE, with Peter Prince at the Wetlands in NYC, but again, Peter had been touring with us for quite a while before that happened. Unfortunately, the structuring for this particular tour is such that it does not lend itself to guests. Keep in mind TR is working with a self-programmed rhythm section so it would be quite hard to integrate a stranger, not familiar with the material and structuring. It will still be great to see you at the shows and I would love to hear the CD. Bring as many as you like, as I am always happy to turn people on to new music I think they will like. There will be new dates announced soon so there may be one that is more convienient for you. We will be announcing a C-ville show at the Outback on or around Nov 5th very soon.

I had to laugh a little bit at the "past creditials" discussion because it is quite the opposite for TR. We are trying to get away from his past credentials. Not that he is not proud of them, BUT they tend to give people the wrong idea of maybe what to expect from TR as a solo artist. So we really try to stay away from "past creditials". I realize this is way out of the norm, as you commented, "most bands" really play up there past creditials and glorys. How surprising, again TR is way outta the norm. Guess we should just expect that by now. Just thought it was funny, yours and Erich's conversation, given we work so hard to escape our "past creditials".

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Andrew Craig
Is Anybody Here?

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2002 :  9:40:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Andrew Craig's Homepage  Reply with Quote
good point fluffy about "past credentials" and i understand he has a set list and a structured program and in fact i have met greg howard a number of times i remember seeing him when he used to play the CHAPMAN STICK, that odd ten string instrument that is a bass and a guitar inline with eachother on a wide neck he was in the CVILLE scene for many years. i remember a Tom Howard too that was unrelated to him that was the repair tech wizard at Heinz Musitronics on Ivy Road where Steffans father Ron used to work. Oh and this is a response to the message that "J" left above about having visited my site and listened to my tunes. I want to say three things about his response to my music. #1 THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART FOR TAKING THE TIME TO GO TO MY SITES AND READ MY STUFF AND LISTEN TO MY SONGS. #2 THE FACT THAT YOU SAID THE MUSIC IS WAY DIFFERENT THAN WHAT U WOULD HAVE EXPECTED FROM A TIM REYNOLDS STUDENT IS FIRST OF ALL QUITE A COMPLIMENT TO TR HIMSELF AND SECOND A HUGE COMPLIMENT TO ME. #3 U MENTIONED TAPE, WELL SOME OF THOSE SONGS ARE RATHER OLD, ON THAT SITE THERE IS 15 SONGS UNLIKE MY CD WHICH HAS 17 SONGS AND A PORTION OF THOSE SONGS I WAS JUST BEGINNING TO LEARN TO HOW TO PRODUCE FIRST OF ALL, AND SECOND OF ALL A PORTION OF THOSE SONGS WERE ALSO RECORDED IN PURELY ANALOG FORMAT (which has that good old tried and true rock n roll punch anyway) AND TRANSFERRED TO DIGITAL PRO TOOLS, AND THEN STILL EVEN MORE OF THOSE SONGS WERE PURE PRO TOOLS.
SEE IN RECORDING U GOT TRACKING MIXING AND MASTERING AND U CAN MAKE ANY OF THOSE STAGES ANALOG OR DIGITAL AND I HAVE BOTH ANALOG AND DIGITAL STUDIOS. BUT THOSE EARLY RECORDINGS THE TRACKING AND MIXING ARE ANALOG. AT THAT POINT IN MY LEARNING OF HOW TO PRODUCE I HADNT REALLY LEARNED THAT ANALOG IS ALREADY SOMEWHAT NOISY AND WHEN U DONT ALSO REALIZE THAT LESS IS MORE WHEN IT COMES TO COMPRESSION AND EQING. BUT SEE I ALREADY LIKED WHAT ID CAPTURED AND I DID THE BEST I COULD TO CLEAN IT UP. NOWADAYS I STICK TO MY PRO TOOLS ALL DIGITAL SETUP FOR MOST OF MY WORK, ITS THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS THE PROGRAM EVEN WON A GRAMMY FOR MUSIC SOFTWARE AND IS USED IN STUDIOS ALL OVER THE WORLD, TRULY STATE OF THE ART. TO SUM IT UP DUD THE MAJORITY OF THOSE SONGS ARE 4 YEARS OLD AND IVE LEARNED ALOT ABOUT MULTITRACK RECORDING SINCE THEN.

signed,
Andrew Craig
Go to Top of Page

Andrew Craig
Is Anybody Here?

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2002 :  9:45:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Andrew Craig's Homepage  Reply with Quote
forgot to add im sorry alot of that was in capital letters sorry "j" i know that looked intimidating. lol!! the other thing i wanted to say to fluffy is thought i grew up in Charlottesville i was born in and now reside 60 miles east in Richmond, Virginia

signed,
Andrew Craig
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2002 :  12:28:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Andrew, would you mind sharing a little about Pro Tools? I'm starting to look for a program to lay into, but I don't even know what I necessarily want or don't want yet. I keep hearing of this program but I don't know exactly what makes it special. What all does it do that would make it more worthwhile than something like Soundforge? Care to share? :)

Go to Top of Page

j
Chatterbox

149 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2002 :  02:33:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit j's Homepage  Send j an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey silky, those are some pretty loaded questions with pretty complicated answers. If you want, email me and I'll take some time and try to answer your questions. First though, if you're interested in recording, what kind of thing are we talking about? A full band or just you? In other words, what would you use it for?

"Have a moderately neato day. May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
-G.C.
Go to Top of Page

j
Chatterbox

149 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2002 :  02:37:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit j's Homepage  Send j an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Andrew, here's some shop:
What kind of protools rig are you using? Are you running it all on a G4? How are you interfacing, i.e. are you using 888 A/D-D/A or maybe a bunch of slave 888s? Are you using something small or are you a lucky bastard and using protools HD? Are you using digi001 or maybe digi002? What kind of outboard gear do you have? For compressors I like dBx's over-easy and for mic pres I like avalon (really great tube tone). Where does your mix all end up, DAT maybe? Do you use a console or do you prefer "glass-screen" mixing?

sorry for all the questions, it's just that protools is a rare topic around here, muchless anything else about recording.

-G.C.
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2002 :  08:56:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks J, you've got mail.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000