Tablature / Guitar Setup
 Live in Chicago Book
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

willyc4744
Is Anybody Here?

26 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2002 :  12:38:20 PM  Show Profile  Send willyc4744 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone purchased the live in chicago tab books and if so how are they? Do they have all the tim electric solos in them because i would really like to learn all of them....let me know or you can just post all of the solos here

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2002 :  10:41:18 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

let me know or you can just post all of the solos here

Geez...I imagine that would be quite the undertaking.

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

captain_napkins
Is Anybody Here?

31 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2002 :  10:40:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have not, to date, heard of any Live In Chicago tab books. I guess they didn't make one...probably BECAUSE of tim's solos. It kicked the shit out of me that they tabbed stream successfully in Live At Luther. I don't have any desire to even try figuring out the chicago improv solos, particularly Jimi Thing.
Go to Top of Page

willyc4744
Is Anybody Here?

26 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2002 :  12:21:30 PM  Show Profile  Send willyc4744 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No they made the book, there was a string about it here. Plus it is on the cherry lane website...i was just wonderin if anyone got the books yet

Go to Top of Page

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2002 :  1:45:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Other than learning some technique, I never understood the point of learning solos. They are generally an improv that comes from the heart, so why imitate someone else's improv when you can come up with your own. I dunno, just my two cents...
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2002 :  2:00:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
why imitate someone else's improv when you can come up with your own. I dunno, just my two cents...

|
|
|
v

quote:
learning some technique

:)

Go to Top of Page

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2002 :  5:18:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But I'd rather do that for free, on some tab, whereas I would have to pay like what, $20 per book? But still, you understood what I meant.
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2002 :  6:36:01 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I agree that the LIC Tab books definitely exist, but where to find them is a mystery to me, though I probably won't be getting them.

I also think that solos need to some from the heart, and be improvised on the fly. I hate seeing acts where they play the same solo every night to the same song. They know the songs better than ANYONE, because they wrote them, yet they cant improvise to the same 4 chords that they've been playign to for a whole tour??

That reminds me of a little story...

I was playing with this drummer I sometimes play with, and this bassist that we met at a coffee place. The drummer has always been way too loud, and trying to be waaay to good, never playing the same thing twice...never locking into a pattern, which is pretty much what drummers do during a song, provide a constant, unwavering rhythm.

Anyways, while struggling to be heard with these two, my amp at 10, bassists amp at 10, and the drummer breaking sticks left and right, the bassist says to me "Dude...I'm guessing you don't know how to solo?" Now, at home, I have programed some cool drum/bass shit into my keyboard, and soloed like mad over it for 30+ minutes, recording some of it, and I like to think I'm a decent soloist.

The bassist was decent, but thought he was excellent, so all he did was play fast, very fast.....scales. Yippie. So, it's him playing these scales, the drummer banging away, trying to keep up with this small pricked asshole, and me, sitting there with my thumb up my ass, doing nothing, because there is no key signature for what this ass is playing, and he says that shit to me!! So basically I told him that if the drummer and him were to lock into a pattern, one that I could actually designate a key signature to, I could solo. And he didn't seem to udnerstand.

He was one of these metal heads, that doesnt want to play anything else. I love metal, but I'm open to all kinds of music. There were a few moments where we had some decent stuff going, but then the bassist would stop nonverbally let us know that he just wasn't into what we were doing, which sounded a little jazzy to me, not enough hard metal to him.

It seems like all the people I play with lately are fucking assholes that just want to show off. And I just want to jam dammit!!

Hmm...anyone that read that, I thank you...sorry there wasn't really much to it :)

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000