People are IDIOTS !!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guitaraholic1
Is Anybody Here?

1 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2002 :  6:41:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I would just like to apologize on behalf of the few ppl that showed no disrespect to Tim and Peter Prince last night at Murrys Inn in Wilkes Barre PA. Peter and Tim deserved so much more than what the majority of the crowd gave them. Not everybody in Northeast Pa is as rude as most are in Wilkes Barre, and I hope that in the future they will tour in this area again just not at Murrys Inn. I remember when I saw them at Bucknell University about two years ago. At first I thought Peter prince who is this guy ? But when I heard him sing he quickly won me and my girlfriend over. Through out the entire show you could hear a pin drop, the crowd was so attentive and appreciated what they were seeing, two masters doing what they do best. That was not case last night in my humble opinion. The crowd was too concerned about consuming mass amounts of cheap alcohol, immature 20 somethings who were too caught up in themselves and trying to "score with the ladies", as I over heard many times last evening. Tim and Peter were fantastic as I expected they would be, and if the majority of the crowd weren't so caught up in themselves they would have realized it too. Before the show I was sitting at in the bar with my girlfriend, I saw Tim emerge from one of the halls and was strolling in between some of the crowd and they didn't even kknow it was him, he did this a few more times over the course of the evening still going unseen by them. I don't even think they knew what he looked liked until he took the stage, I mean his picture was only on THE TICKET !!!
I really do love what Tim did with Dave Matthews, it's what first got me to know who he was. I saw them both three times when they did the solo acoustic tour and was amazed. Then I bought Stream, I was floored by what he can do, something radically different and awe-inspiring. However in my opinion Tim gained the stigma of "yea, ya know, Dave Matthews lead guitar player" a phrase I heard many times last night. (sigh) In any event I hope that Tim and Peter will come back to Northeast PA and play in the future, just not at Murrys Inn.

Be well....

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2002 :  6:55:12 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey G, I hope you still had a great TIMe. I missed Peter the other night and felt bad. I'll be catching him again soon. Welcome to the board.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  03:54:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Guitaraholic, Thanx for the great review despite the crowd. I am glad you managed to enjoy the show despite the crowd and you will be happy to know that TR really enjoyed the show despite the crowd as well. He was really into the show that nite and I am sure you will see us in that area again sometime in the future. We were also thru WilkesBarre on a past Puke Matrix Electric Trio tour. I forget the name of the place we played, but we always have a good time in that area, so I am sure we will see you in NoEastern PA again. Thanx for the support.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

SpaceMonkey
Chatterbox

315 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  2:30:19 PM  Show Profile  Send SpaceMonkey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I had an urge to start slamdancing like some heavy metal freak out but I resisted this urge figuring that most of the 18-21 year-old crowd would think I was having some chemically-induced "freak-out" that rendered me incapable of abiding by such widely-held social mores as "standing still for two hours, sipping draft beer, looking fashionable yet discreet, and only allowing yourself to look vaguely interested in the performance." Maybe next TIMe...

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  4:29:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

"standing still for two hours, sipping draft beer, looking fashionable yet discreet, and only allowing yourself to look vaguely interested in the performance."

Hehe......that's funny because I do that (minus the beer) but he has my full attention.

"Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor's a lot like a woman: you just have to read the manual and push the right button." - Homer
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  10:48:44 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hey G, I hope you still had a great TIMe.

Hey...whats the shizzle my nizzle.

Sorry, when I saw "Hey G" just had to make some sort of rap-influenced comment.

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  10:50:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hey...whats the shizzle my nizzle.

quote:

People are IDIOTS !!!

"Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor's a lot like a woman: you just have to read the manual and push the right button." - Homer
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2002 :  6:06:06 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey...it was late, and i was hopped up on caffene from 3 quadruple shot cafe lattes....

But I don't deny that I'm an idiot.

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000