Tim Influences
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2002 :  5:38:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I wanna know what music or guitarist TIM enjoys alot, so i can listen to them as well. Some of HIS heros....

Using the Force Daily
NeverKillADream@aol.com

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2002 :  5:58:29 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Check out all the interviews section, he talks a lot about that in there. Off the top of my head, I know a few of his favorites and most influential are: Peter Gabriel, Bob Marley, Jimi Hendrix, Trent Reznor, and Marilyn Manson. There is actually a link on the net to a radio show that Tim hosted and DJ'ed where he got 2 hours to play his favorite songs. I'll try to find the link.

Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2002 :  6:07:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
please do!

Using the Force Daily
NeverKillADream@aol.com
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2002 :  6:13:40 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=278

anyone who hasnt listened to this should definately check it out!

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2002 :  6:15:48 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
bah, looks like that link was outdated since they redesigned the site, but I searched HOB.com and still found it: http://hob.com/artistfeatures/greenroom/greenroom.asp?gid=16

Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2002 :  01:48:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That Link rocks, thanks.

Using the Force Daily
NeverKillADream@aol.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2002 :  06:39:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey NeKAD, I answered a very similar question not to long ago. Here is the link:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2010

Hope it helps!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2002 :  3:42:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy, that post in phenominal.

Using the Force Daily
NeverKillADream@aol.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2002 :  6:54:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanx glad it helped and glad you liked it. I aims ta pleaze!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2002 :  12:19:36 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
PLEASE ME, PLEASE ME!

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2002 :  12:22:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please Please me.

I'm schizophrenic. And so am I. am I. am I. am I.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2002 :  02:44:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Me me please!!!

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2002 :  03:03:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Me Please Me!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2002 :  03:04:05 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
you please you? ewwwwww

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2002 :  03:07:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I wondered if anyone would get that. Should be on our big bad list. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2002 :  12:23:56 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Me Please Me!

Looks like someone obviously got it.

Heheh...

I am not the albatross of love, I am the human elipse. I am dot dot dot.
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2002 :  1:42:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I love it how they put Tim in the "Folk" category. When you think of HIM, it just is funny. Compare Gordon Lightfoot to TIm Reynolds...hmm... His acoustic stuff i would accually call Folk becasue folk music is basically anyhting that doesn't fit in a group and is mainly acoustic. His electric stuff is most definately rock, but his acoustic stuff can only be categorized as either " Uncategorizable" or " Contemporary Folk" I think. Pretty much, any instumental music that isn't techno or industrial is "Contemporary Folk" music.

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2002 :  7:23:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If my life depend on my putting TIM in one category....it would be.......NOPE still wouldnt do it. lol

NeverKillADream@aol.com
Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2002 :  10:29:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure why one has to be put into a category...

aw hell, I guess I do, it just seemed like a cool thing to say...

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2002 :  02:12:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well, he doesn't NEED to be...but if there was to be ONE category...let's say, if you owned a record store, I'd put his acoustic stuff in "Contemporary/Folk" and his electric stuff in "Rock" or jsut have a "TR" section with them all in it!

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2002 :  5:04:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, are you sure that all of TR's albums would go in the TR section?

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2002 :  5:46:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty sure, lemme check in stock and see if we have your...oh wait...we can order it!

Jay
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2002 :  02:56:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Jay said:
quote:

but his acoustic stuff can only be categorized as "Uncategorizable"

Wouldn't you therefore be putting it in a catagory?

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2002 :  3:45:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes, that would be the category...Uncategorizable...in other words, not being able to be put in another category except that.

Jay
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2002 :  01:03:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
But you wouldn't be able to name it that because it is a category. If it was Uncategorizable, then it would sit off by itself without any distinction of what category it should be in.

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2002 :  1:22:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes, uncategorizable IS a category.....but wait...taht would mean TIm's music is categorizable...SHIT!!!!!!!!

Jay
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2002 :  4:55:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I would just make a "good" section and a "bad" section. You know, TR, DMB, Bela Fleck, U2 in the "good" section.......and Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, N*SUCK, et al. in the bad section.

Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2002 :  10:20:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Booby trap the "bad section"

NeverKillADream@aol.com
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2002 :  10:33:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Actually......I'd rather put subliminal messages in the bad music telling them to listen to the good music.

Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2002 :  11:24:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
then put subliminal message in the good music, saying to open your own shop, and have two sections, and to put subliminal messages in the bad music......

Using The Force Daily...
NeverKillADream@aol.com
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2002 :  11:25:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Good idea......but I don't want any competition......so they can be ordered instead to buy more good music and make me rich.

Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2002 :  11:28:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
order them to work for you for .15 cents an hour and love it

Using The Force Daily...
NeverKillADream@aol.com
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2002 :  11:33:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Why not for free?......or even better, have them pay me to work there because they love it so much.

Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2002 :  11:34:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ahhhhhhhhh haaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Using The Force Daily...
NeverKillADream@aol.com
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2002 :  11:41:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Take On Me

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2002 :  02:23:58 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
honest to god, those are some great ideas... here is my addition, for those artists who are REALLY bad, lets say like NSYNC, send subliminal messages to the costomers to go hunt down the artists and bash their knees; ala Nancy Kerrigan! Eh???? Or better yet, damage their vocal chords, then over the years the bad music section will automatically thin itself out!

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2002 :  02:48:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nah, just subliminally message people to go and make NSuck et al LISTEN to their OWN music. That should take care of the problem once and for all. Because if they actually HEARD that shit, they'd never do it again.

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2002 :  12:06:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think that if they heard themselves, they would explode.

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2002 :  3:58:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We should make a pill that makes all bad music sound bad...like that stop smoking herb that makes cigrettes taste bad...NEVER PUT THAT ON MY HAMBURGER! IMA KICK YO ASS!

Jay
Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2002 :  11:33:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Pathetic, they know nothing of music, that part, as synthetic and cheesy as it is, is made for them. then thier words are written for them, and thier producer orchestrates them, and the choreographer teaches them to dance.... Makes me physically ill.

Using The Force Daily...
NeverKillADream@aol.com
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2002 :  2:55:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I too! I too! It's disgusting! Espcially i you are in high schol like me, and you are surounded by pople that accually ENJOY them, or Blink 182....

Jay
Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2002 :  7:07:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My cousins are obsessed with Blink, its awful, the are all serious about it, its nuts.

Using The Force Daily...
NeverKillADream@aol.com
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2002 :  8:03:45 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I think that if they heard themselves, they would explode.

That was the idea dipshit.

I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2002 :  8:25:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Really? I was just clarifying......everything was too vague.......like this post.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2002 :  8:32:38 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well, up there you were talking about that and I just thought I'd clarify by saying this.[/vagueness]

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2002 :  8:34:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
But that last TIMe when it happened you did that thing where no one knew what was going on.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2002 :  8:41:00 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
But only kinda.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2002 :  8:50:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah.....but remember that night a little while ago when you told me that you were waiting for that thing but the guy never told you what happened? What about that?

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2002 :  8:56:01 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It fell thru because all of them went over there and since they did then we couldn't do that and all of our plans were shot.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2002 :  8:58:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I hate it when that happens!

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2002 :  9:05:00 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Indeed.

Go to Top of Page

Andrew Craig
Is Anybody Here?

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2002 :  12:04:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Andrew Craig's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To me the single most important reason why music should be disliked is because of the reasoning behind its existance. The motivation behind why it was written is the true test of its worthyness to be listened to. Now i like alll kinds of music but when it is produced to be sold and isnt a PART OF THE HEART meaning born of true personal inspiration then it really has no meaning. This is a big problem in todays world of preconcieved boardroom written music and hired hand staff corporate written stuff. Examples of this extend into the fact that the intelligence of the kids today seems to be underestimated by the industry BUT the question is: IS THAT REALLY TRUE WHEN THE POPULARITY OF MUSIC THAT IS PRODUCED PURELY FOR SHOCK VALUE GOES THROUGH THE ROOF??? I believe that music should be based on personal inspiration and TRUE ARTISTIC MERIT, now as subjective as that idea may be i really believe that a person knows in the back their mind in truth when a peice of music holds integrity!!! Problem is some people dont seem to see that concept as an important musical value in their CONSCIOUS MIND!

my websites are as follows, please check them out:
http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/402/subconscious_social_experi.html
http://subconscious_soc_exp.tripod.com
signed,
Andrew Craig
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2002 :  06:14:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Andrew, I agree with you on a certain level but as I am fond of stating, I don't think you can make a blanket statement like that. Let me play devils advocate for a second. By your theory, explain the Brill Building and all the songwriters who participated quite admirably at creating songs for other artists who never wrote songs for themselves. As I said above, I agree with you in theory but there are exceptions to every rule and I think there is a little more too it than your comments above. Of course, that's just my opinon, I could be wrong.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2002 :  3:52:49 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Personally, I think that songwriters that simply write songs for others to record are talented in their own way. Professional songwriters, a lot of them anyway, need to be able to write songs that will appeal to different artists and producers and managers, and that people will buy up. Of course, the motivation is different than an actual singer/songwriter, in the way that the singer/songwriter may write a hit song one night after he finds out his girlfriend is cheating on him, etc... and it just turns out to be a hit. A professional songwriter sits down with the hit in mind when trying to churn it out. But I think that it is definitely a talent to be able to write hundreds of hits, like Diane Warren, trite as they may be, she knows what shes doing and shes good at it, at writing songs people will buy. There are also songwriter/artist teams, meaning a certain artists only works with a certain songwriter, etc...

A good example of the singer/songwriter writing a personal song that actually becomes a hit is James Taylor's Fire and Rain. It's a very personal song for him, but many people enjoy and identify with it, thus making it a popular song that he actually wrote for himself and no one else at the time.

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2002 :  7:28:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think that some of those songwriters may function on a formula level but I also have to assume that some of those songs are written out of personal experience the same way that say a singer/songwriter writes a song. I don't see how writing a song can be that different whether you are writing it for yourself or someone else. You are still writing a song and you have to draw on personal experience if you plan to convey your message or discover a subject that you think others will be able to identify with. Even if someone writes a song one person may not identify with, someone else might identify with it so discounting any song comes down more to a personal opinion than to whether a song is great or not. Kids seem to identify with boyband/pop crap pretty well, so even if you don't like it or see it's musical merits, you cannot discount it's effect on people other than you. I am not trying to say that music by the Backstreet Boys is on the same level as say some like Bob Dylan, really only TIMe will tell how music stands up. There is music that we tend to look at as TIMeless and music we look at more as disposable, but I think the songwriting on either probably comes from the heart of the songwriter. Of course we know that there is formulaic songwriting going on to a great degree today with the glut of boybands and here today/gone tomorrow pop acts, but something to keep in mind is, the intent of the songs written. Are they written to create an instant hit or are they written to stand the test of time or written just to express a feeling or send a message. I would like to think that MOST songwriting is sincere regarless of the eventual delivery. Just my 2 cents(or should I say by now, 4 cents)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Andrew Craig
Is Anybody Here?

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2002 :  12:45:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Andrew Craig's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Everytime i read one or ur posts Fluf u make me think and the thing is that i would like to respond on two levels one is to say that ive caught myself many a time enjoying and singing along to a song that i knew in the back of my mind was not written by the person singing it and in that case i do have to face up to realizing that a good song is a good song the details dont matter if it moves u it moves u!!! Thats a true testament to the power of music itself barring the details. So because of the approach u take u do make me want to see ur point of view lemme say that again for everyone BECAUSE OF THE APPROACH U TAKE U MAKE ME WANT TO SEE UR POINT OF VIEW!!!! Im beginning to see that im not as open minded as i thought i was and i have no shame in admitting that!! GOD fluffy ur openmindedness astounds me and i repect the hell out of u for it u made me rethink myself THANK U!!! I wish everyone could think like u!!!!

signed,
Andrew Craig
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2002 :  04:07:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am truly thankful my words are making you stop and think. That is what I always try to encourage people to do. I do not want to preach, I just hope to make people stop and think, and maybe see things from another perspective so they can see where their thoughts will fall. An open mind is a great thing!!! A willingness to listen and think is all I ask. I don't want to brainwash anyone or even ask them to believe or think the way I think. I just want people to think for themselves and I offer up MY ideas for others perusal. Sometimes we get so locked into a viewpoint we lose sight of the big picture. I am always trying to get people to see the larger picture and then asking them to decide for themselves. I try to tell myself there are no STUPID comments, only naive or unenlightened comments. I myself am often guilty of this, as is everyone. I really appreciate it when someone gives me a bit of information I may have not had before and allows me to have a better understanding of a given situation. I may not change my view, but it is always great to understand contrasting viewpoints better. I may never understand an opposing viewpoint until someone explains their opposing viewpoint and why they arrived at it. Like I said, it may not change my mind or view, but I like understanding WHY they believe what they believe. Guess what, I am rambling again, blah blah blah, I am glad my words have not fallen on deaf ears. Great to know I could help you open your mind a little more and stop and think about the subject a little more. That is all I ask and that is reward enuf for me. The more open minds the better.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Andrew Craig
Is Anybody Here?

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2002 :  4:40:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Andrew Craig's Homepage  Reply with Quote
that is why TIM is such a close friend of urs its easy to see!!!!! NO MYSTERY THERE!!!!!

signed,
Andrew Craig
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  03:19:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am lucky to call him FRIEND!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

SpaceMonkey
Chatterbox

315 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  10:30:13 AM  Show Profile  Send SpaceMonkey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
just a quick thought on boyband stuff....first off, there's always gonna be a couple raking in loot so get used to it...second, who cares about their musical legacy or lack thereof? The very nature of what they do (i.e. sing non-threatening pop songs to 12 year old girls) will almost assure that their music doesn't resonate any longer than a girl wears a training bra....if you don't believe me ask one of your 13-14 year old female sisters or cousins who now worship ***insert favorite rapper here*** and vehemently deny any previous allegiance to Britney & Justin...never underestimate the adolescent urge to cut ties with the family-sanctioned musical acts for the dangerous ones!

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  11:10:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
The very nature of what they do (i.e. sing non-threatening pop songs to 12 year old girls) will almost assure that their music doesn't resonate any longer than a girl wears a training b

Hehe that's a good way to put it.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  4:03:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

if you don't believe me ask one of your 13-14 year old female sisters or cousins who now worship ***insert favorite rapper here*** and vehemently deny any previous allegiance to Britney & Justin...never underestimate the adolescent urge to cut ties with the family-sanctioned musical acts for the dangerous ones!

I may have to draw your attention to my 17 year old sister who still listens to N*SUCK.

"Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor's a lot like a woman: you just have to read the manual and push the right button." - Homer
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000