Discussion of 9/10 show
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2002 :  02:46:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone I know this might be kind of a 'nancies' thing but after seeing my first show, I'm just so excited and oversatisfied with Tim's performance. I got to meet Erich with an H, haha, and after I stuck around at the end, oen of the roadies gave me Tim's setlist! what a thrill. I thought the visual projections were really cool- much more thought-out than the images of scantilly-clad women at the sam&dave tour (mullets galore). For those of you who were there- did you see that giant ( i mean GIANT) bald guy who was like... Mr. Clean? He waltzed right in and stood *right* in front of me. Ya gotta wonder what people think... on that subject, I felt shame tonight for being a Tim fan and hearing the Stream requests ( and even one guy who clamored for Dave to be brought out... yuck). Oh well, though, people will be people. I'd like to see what others have to say about their night!

(no time for lyrics)

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2002 :  04:27:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Dammit! I want input! How was it? Of course, those "fans" are unavoidable. Even though the advertisements say electric.......and even if you put DAVE MATTHEWS ISN'T COMING in really big letters, they would still show up.

"Always follow your heart, but use your brain." - My dad
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2002 :  04:28:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Glad you liked the show JFP!! The big, bald Mr. Clean guy was LizK's friend, Hoover. I am sure he would have moved if you had asked him, he was quite nice. How come I didn't get to meet you after the show? Or did I? Anyway, glad you liked the show and especially the visuals. TR and Mason(who I think is the guy who gave you the setlist) worked long and hard to put it together. We even collected more footage on or days off and edited into the shows to keep it fresh. It is an everchanging, work-in-progress. Glad you think it looks as great as we think it does. It is all worth it when the fans dig it as much as us. Hope I get a chance to meet you at another show, if we didn't already.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2002 :  05:17:22 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the review!! I've been waiting to hear some fan feedback from CHOASVIEW II. I (along with the rest of us I'm sure) would love to hear from anyone else lucky enough to have caught a show so far, or who will in the near future.

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2002 :  3:20:10 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy thanks for commenting on my friend. Sorry that he was in your way. I don't think there was any place in there he could stand without getting in someone's way. He's 6'4", I guess you could call that a handicap. Why do you think he kept going to the back, he just wanted to be with me and I he didn't want me to go without seeing TR up front like I always do. So again I apologize, MR. CLEAN didn't mean any harm. You could have asked him to move or better yet you could have moved. There was plenty of room left down there. LIZ

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2002 :  3:30:08 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Jemez, just out of curiosity... why didn't you introduce yourself? I was hanging out after the show too. You must have seen Erich with me. It's always nice to meet the people from the message board. Try not to be antisocial the next TIMe! If you got to know Hoover a little I think you would have liked him, he's a great guy. But I wouldn't want to piss him off! LOL!!!!

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2002 :  5:30:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Liz K., this one is for you! Yes, I promise to stop lurking and start posting. I had such a great time last night. The show was beyond words! Anyone who hasn't caught one of Tim's shows is really missing out. I haven't been able to think about much else today. It truely was a mind, body, and soul experience. Liz, it was so good to meet you, Hoover, Erich, Fluffy, Rew, Mason, and ofcourse Tim! JFP, would have liked to have met you too. Glad you had a great time. Has anyone heard from Erich? I dropped him off at the train station, but I know he had a long wait for a train and a long ride back to NYC. Hope he made it home okay. Thanks again everyone....Oh and I can't wait to see Erich's pictures of the spanking!!!
Pam :)

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2002 :  7:52:58 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Pam!!!! So glad to see you post! I knew you would have a great TIMe! Wow! You came out of lurkingdom and saw at TR show at the same TIMe! Hope more people do that from the message board.
I'm sure Erich made it home OK, he posted in the other forum this morning. He's probably sleeping off the rest of today, LOL! Keep in touch. I have met so many good people from the message board. Good to see you made it home safe and sound too.

Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2002 :  7:56:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Jemez! I need to drop you an email, i want a scan or at least a transcript of the set. Goods to meet you, and MR. CLEAN is actualy a very cool guy

Pam, great to see you post :):) I got home alright, albeit at 7am. I sort of slept a little then got to school 15 minutes late (class started at 3, but at least it was the first one and the prof. was cool about it), but it was soooo totaly worth it.

more later!

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com

Stay Tuned For The New Tim Site....
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2002 :  05:23:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We actually had some kids at the TR show tonite who said their teacher actually postponed a test for them because they were going to the show tonite. They told her how much TR and his music meant to them and they really wanted to go and she actually postponed a test so they could attend. TR said to say thanx to the teacher. He really enjoyed the story.

Pam, it is great to see you posting. Glad I got to meet you and thanx for taking care of Erich and getting him back to the train. I sure hope you can all make it to some more shows. Maybe Erich can hook up with you and you guys can share gas expenses and make to some other nearby shows. The more the merrier.

Erich, check your email, I sent you a copy of the set list from that nite.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2002 :  07:53:40 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Fluffy, I got an out of the blue instant message from a TR fan I don't know yesterday. He is a lurker and doesn't post. He was asking about the show last night he was going to.. He was asking about autographs from Tim. I told him to talk to you, and I told him to say hi from me!! I hope you got him hooked up with an autograph!

Hey who ever you are that instant messaged me, I hope you had a blast last night!!

Go to Top of Page

jb
Is Anybody Here?

2 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2002 :  5:43:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As for the screen show - what was with the political BS?!? We were all bombarded with WTC images for all of Wednesday. The last thing I needed was for it to start Tuesday night. Plus, the anti-Americanism was so thinly veiled, it was disgusting. There were pictures of starving Iraqis juxtaposed with pictures of the south tower exploding, as if to say "Look, America, this is why 3000 people were visciously murdered. You brought it on yourself", which is incredibly insensitive and disrespectful to the victims and families of the attacks. Plus, if I never have to see another image of a jumbo jet crashing into a skyscraper, it'll still be too soon. Believe me, you'll never mistake me for a war-mongering Republican, but I was really turned off by that segment.

Of course, the First Amendment says that you're allowed to play whatever you want on your screens, but that ultra-left political bit was really in poor taste, IMHO. I go to concerts to get away from politics and the real world for a couple hours, not to have it thrown in my face, and if you want my advice, you'd be better served to skip the politics altogether.

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2002 :  6:15:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey jb, welcome. Funny how people can view the same thing and come away with different perspectives. I really didn't get the same vibes and I am a registered Republican. I think the message wasn't that we deserved this, no one deserves to die like that, but the fact is that the USA is not a perfect country and we do cause pain and suffering in other parts of the world. This is not simply a right vrs. wrong issue, but a cry to see it through different eyes. I would love to have a conversation with you as I would much rather spend an hour talking with someone who has a different opinion than I have on a topic like this than to converse with someone who is in total agreement. I learn more that way.

As for the 11th....I didn't watch any TV.

Did you at least like the sound?

Pam

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2002 :  6:22:00 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Pam you are a good person.

Go to Top of Page

jb
Is Anybody Here?

2 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2002 :  6:44:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As for the music, I'm really not a huge fan, but I did think Tim was an excellent guitarist. I live near Trenton and go to the Conduit almost every Tuesday, so I've seen some great shows and some so-so ones, and musically, this was far from the worst show I've seen there. As a side note, I must say I was a bit disappointed with Peter Prince. I loved Moon Boot Lover (I remember seeing them when I was in college in the early 90s), but Peter solo was really not very good.

Anyway, I certainly understand that everyone's point of view should be heard and respected, but the biggest problem I have is that I really abhor mixing art with politics, especially music. I use music and concerts as an escape from that, and the last thing I wanted to see were the most highly politicized, most shocking pictures you can find. Plus, to me (whether you're a Republican or Democrat or whatever) "This is not simply a right vrs. wrong issue, but a cry to see it through different eyes" is ultra-left-wing political-spin-ese for "America brought this on herself", and I do not like when people use a music concert as a forum for that sort of message. It's one thing to sing a song about something like that where the message is buried in the music and you can ignore the politics if you want, but to have it blaring on a huge screen is hard to avoid, and instead of being a part of the music, it distracts you from the music (the music is still supposed to be the point of the show, isn't it?).

Again, don't get me wrong here because I don't want to be seem like a right-wing, war-mongering apologist for our current administration (in reality, I am far, far from it). I would have the same reaction if they had run footage of aborted fetuses and then explained it by saying "it's a cry to see it through the fetus's eyes." It doesn't matter to me what your agenda is, I get really turned off by turning a musical concert into a platform for ANY extremist political agenda.

Anyway, that's just one man's point of view. Take it for whatever you want to. I probably won't be back here very much, but I wanted to stop by and at least lend a voice to my point of view, because I think it is important. Take care.

Go to Top of Page

bugman96
Chatterbox

148 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2002 :  7:14:19 PM  Show Profile  Send bugman96 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So Jemez, if Hoover (that was the bald guy, right?) was right in front of you, that means you were standing to my left a little bit.

Erich, I was the kid that asked you before the show if it was being taped (I figured that out by seeing your pic in your profile).

I thought it was a cool show. I had the most fun watching Tim play guitar. I wasn't too keen on the video stuff: gave me a sensory overload. My other complaint was that the volume was too loud for such a small room (but that's my opinion because my ears are all uber-sensitive and all sorts of screwed up).

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2002 :  7:17:07 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Bugman, Erich was to the right of the stage(facing the stage), actually leaning on the stage. He had his hat on too. Hope that helps a little.

Go to Top of Page

bugman96
Chatterbox

148 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2002 :  7:31:52 PM  Show Profile  Send bugman96 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Bugman, Erich was to the right of the stage(facing the stage), actually leaning on the stage. He had his hat on too. Hope that helps a little.

Yeah. I asked him if anyone was gonna be taping it.
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2002 :  7:56:20 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I was planning on taping but I got there too late. I'm going to tape the Philly show if the venue permits.

I believe it did get audio taped.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  04:47:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey jp, I am glad you stopped by and voiced your feelings. We knew we would have some folks who would feel the way you do. It took alot of soul searching and well thought out decisions based on TR's strong political views. He really wants to use his music to make people stop and think. Whether you liked it or not, it got you thinking about it and hopefully others as well and that is what TR wants to accomplish. Since most of his songs are instrumental he uses the images to convey his message as well as the songs with lyrics. To him there is no difference between putting it up on the screen or singing lyrics saying the same thing. As per your own comments, it is ok if those messages are in the lyrics but somehow not ok if they are on the screen. TR feels he is conveying the same message thru pictures as he would with words. So to him there is really no difference. If you care, he does have compassion for the victims and the events of 9/11 along with a plethora of other issues. So you know, we even opted not to include WTC footage at the show on 9/11 and we have also opted to not include that footage at the upcoming NYC show. We feel that people may have similar feelings to yours about the presentation and we realize that NYC will be ultra-sensitive about the issue. We are not trying to bash people over the heads they way the press is. We are all disgusted by the medias handling of the whole situation and if you had listened to the words of TR's songs you would have seen that we hold the media partially, if not mostly, responsible. Let me make it clear, it is NOT anti-American. It is anti-government, anti-WAR, anti-media, anti-politics. It is a PRO-PEACE message. The images you saw disgust TR. Those images are stolen from TV. He is trying to throw it back in there face and use the images they force on us and turn them around and use the same images to send a different message. A message that will hopefully make people stop and think and maybe be willing to look at the same images from a different perspective. When he set out on this project he realized that people may feel like you felt, that they go to a show to get away from the crap on the news. We knew we would encounter that kind of a reaction to some degree, but he feels so strongly about his message that he was willing to take the risk of offending the few in hopes of maybe making others stop and think about what they see.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  06:12:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
On a lighter note, how about a.............

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  07:32:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jb...this is a first for me. Never before have my views ever been called ""ultra-left-wing". If being open minded is on the "left" then so be it.

I do understand you were out to relax and not in the mood for anything political in your entertainment, I've felt the same way before. But there is a smile on my face because Tim's message got to you, even if it wasn't wanted, it got to you. It made you think. It made you feel something. Why else would you take the time to write on this board?

I for one am glad you posted here. Hope we hear from you again. I am going to a Jazz bar in Philly with friends tonight. No politics there.

Pam

Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  7:33:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It's so awesome to see this stuff being posted. usually after a show, somebody will go on a site and say " it was good" or " it wasn't good." Tim obviously wanted us to get more out of a show than blaring sounds, and he succeeded.
On the subject of the Conduit... WHO decided to blare that intensely-heavy band before Tim's set? Did nobody figure out that most peopel who would come to see Tim would not be into that kinda stuff? and it was so awfully LOUD! I would have no problem with it if it didnt scare me enough to think that it was altering my natural heartbeat and respiration patterns. I almost never say that music is bad. This music wasn't bad, it was just not very good planning by whomever was controlling the sound at the venue. I don't plan on revisiting the conduit ( unless tim's going there again of course)
What a cool set. ... so yeah, Hoover went right in front of me, then I kinda moved after everybody around me started laughign at me. hee hee.

(no time for lyrics)
Go to Top of Page

courtmonkey
Is Anybody Here?

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  8:28:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit courtmonkey's Homepage  Send courtmonkey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey...I've never posted here before (obviously!), but I just wanted to stop and say that I loved the show on Tuesday night, I thought it was amazing (any of ya that were there, I was the girl with the weird hat, leaning against the stage). btw- I'm a dmb fan, but I was a little pissed off that there were others who decided to show up wearing their dmb shirts and yell for Stream...

Erich - I was wondering if any of your pictures came out. I'm the one that asked for your email :)

~court:)
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  9:22:56 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Those people in DMB shirts and yelling for Stream are a huge reason I don't want another Dave and Tim tour. I believe as word gets out that Dave is not going to be everywhere Tim goes gets out, those people will slowly drift away from TR shows. And that is a good thing. So no more D&T tours is what I'm a-hopin' for.

I wasn't at this show, but the comments by JB about the WTC imagery and the supposed "Anti-American" imagery got me thinking. I've never thought of Tim as Anti American, but Anti-Government, Anti-War, etc... as was already brought up. And as far as the WTC tragedy, I mourn the loss of all of those people just like any other American. And while the first reaction of most Americans is "Those Bastards, Let's Get Em!!!!!!" You have to stop and ask yourself, the country needs to ask itself "Why have these people done this? Why do other countries HATE the USA? Why is our country perceived to be so evil?"

I'm not saying the WTC attack was justified, right, or that I agree with it in the least. But our society is based on finger pointing, "this is HIS fault, HER fault, THEIR fault" you never hear "This is MY fault, or OUR fault", not on a national level only, but on a personal level day in, day out. And as far as preventing the WTC attacks, they should look at how it could have been prevented a long time ago, not by having stricter security at airports, or stricter laws on immigration, but by how the USA is presented to other countries, and how we are perceived in other countries. Face it, the USA pisses a lot of people off.

Those people on the news on 9-11-01 that were celebrating were not doing so because it was their way of greiving for the USA's loss...they were celebrating because a nation that they despise was brought to its knees. And only when we understand, when we truly understand why they were celebrating will we truly be able to understand, move on, and prevent further disasters like 9-11-01.

As far as JB saying he's not a huge TR fan and that we probably won't see him around on the board a lot, let me be the first to say
"B-O-O--H-O-O"

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2002 :  11:08:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just want to say welcome to Courtmonkey. Trenton was my first show and won't be my last. Wish I had the chance to say hi to you there.

As for GG305...well said!

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2002 :  5:48:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh yes, welcome CourtMonkey. Stick around and have some intresting(?) conversations.

"Oh come on boy think-what would Jesus do? He'd shake his head like an angry mother Smoke the boy and said I did what I could do." DMB-Raven
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000