New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  2:38:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I watched an old SNL episode today with DMB as the band, they played so much to say. Anyway as i was turning it on i noticed that bela fleck was playing banjo with G.E. Smith and the SNL band. He was there in the very beginning before the monologue, and at the very end credits. Confused the shit outta me!!! anyone else seen it?

"Set the gear shift to the high gear of your soul, you gotta run like an antelope, out of control" -Dude of Life

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2002 :  03:25:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No.........but I wish I had.....

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." - George Bernard Shaw
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2002 :  12:28:51 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yup, I'll bet that was pretty neat-o. I caught DMB on Letterman last night... again, of course... Pretty good.

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2002 :  7:45:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's like you couldn't actually hear bela's playing, but the randomness of just seeing him on stage with the G.E. Smith band blew my mind. I like had a convulsive orgasm seizure right there!

"Set the gear shift to the high gear of your soul, you gotta run like an antelope, out of control" -Dude of Life
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2002 :  8:42:56 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Bela is very cool. I remember the episode on SNL but I missed seeing Bela. I got hooked on Bela and the Tones seeing them open for DMB at a bunch of shows a few years ago. Victor Wooten is my favorite bass player too.

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2002 :  12:59:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Victor Wooten is my favorite bass player too.

YAY!!!

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  04:13:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, VWF, have you seen Victor Wootens DVD, Live at Bass Day '99?

"Oh come on boy think-what would Jesus do? He'd shake his head like an angry mother Smoke the boy and said I did what I could do." DMB-Raven
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  11:22:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
acutally i haven't! i really really am trying to find a copy of it locally, cause i don't like ordering stuff off the net. but soon i'm gonna get it. have you seen it?

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  4:07:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, and I cant even find the Flecktones DVD either, and I dont want to order off the net. The only bass solo's i've seen Victor do are the ones for United, in the video.

"Oh come on boy think-what would Jesus do? He'd shake his head like an angry mother Smoke the boy and said I did what I could do." DMB-Raven
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2002 :  8:24:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i also want to get the dvd "the day the bass players took over the world" something like that... the first all bass orcestra, and cameos of about a dozen fuckin' awesome bass players jamming on stage together...i toss my mayonaise at the thought of that!

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2002 :  10:03:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SPLAT* But seriously, I really have to check that out too.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000