@#%#!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

captain_napkins
Is Anybody Here?

31 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  8:23:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently noticed that the new TR tour does not include any Arizona tour dates as of yet. Any plans on changing that? Is there a place I can check back to on updates? Oh, and I'm looking for some easier TR songs to play. All I can do at this point is Stream and Decline in Reason, which is a start I guess, but I've noticed that he has a couple more songs than that. Any ideas on easier stuff? Thanks!

Sean

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  8:34:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Definitely not on this tour, but keep your fingers crossed for a possible tour early next year in that area. As for finding out about dates, I would suggest getting on email list where I post dates to the list as I get them. That way you can be sure of being informed of any shows in your area. You can join the TR emailing list on the home page of TimReynolds.com. AS for easier songs, you will have to rely on the other members of the board to educate you on such matters. I really am not well versed in guitar playing. Lots of our other members are. I am sure they will be able to offer up some really good suggestions.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2002 :  12:07:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Check out "You Are My Sanity."

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2002 :  01:17:07 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ha, that's the first one of which I thought...because I can play a little of it, and I know if I can, then probably most people can. And if you can play Stream...well, I don't see what the hold-up is on a whole slew of other songs...

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2002 :  03:13:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm guessing that when you say "easier" songs, you mean ones that involve using a pick, because you included stream. Well, I'd suggest Entity if you've got a dd-5.........To Touch Yearning and Jemez Rolling Waves (both are on See Into Your Soul), and Los Alamos is Burning (except the solo, but that goes for any TIM song).

However, when you learn to fingerpick, you can learn some easy ones like Flourensence and As Far As We Can See, my favorite).

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." - George Bernard Shaw
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2002 :  07:50:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
See they are just full of ideas. It is a pretty knowledgeable group we got here. Thanx for your help and suggestions guys!! Pat your selves on the back and here are your signs!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

captain_napkins
Is Anybody Here?

31 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  9:17:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey, thanks for the help. yeah, i'm just learning to fingerpick, and i'm using Decline In Reason to start off. That arpeggio part is really helpful. Any exercises you can suggest?
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2002 :  03:49:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The most useful exercise I found was simply fucking around....first with two fingers, then three, four, five, and six (oops! I said too much). Or, just play the soft part of Decline in Reason over and over......and if you get tired of that, learn As Far As We Can See. I guess the key (like anything else on any instrument) is to start slow and work your way up.

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." - George Bernard Shaw
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2002 :  11:30:14 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
CRAP, maybe that's my problem...I've been starting fast, and trying to work my way down..

Patrick, your hairbrained theory is just so crazy it might work.

And I don't think I've ever tried Decline in Reason, so maybe I'll give that one a slow shot.

Peace, and spread the bricks.

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2002 :  5:09:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Patrick, your hairbrained theory is just so crazy it might work.

Well, you know what they say, there's a fine line between insanity and genius.

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2002 :  4:35:43 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Fluffy...no Iowa dates either?!

Remember the crappy crowd I had to endure in Iowa City, thought you were going to hook me up!!

I'm saying this with the most lighthearted tone possible, so don't think I'm really pissed, I'm really just wondering what the chances of an Iowa date are.

And be brutally honest, I can take it.

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2002 :  7:34:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately, Iowa is not on our tentative list this tour. TR has such a limited window of touring availability it is hard to hit everywhere. Hopefully we will be doing a tour in the future that will cover the midwest a little more extensively. Keep watching and keep the faith.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000