Never again
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  6:00:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just went to see DMB at Alpine Valley in WI and that's the last time I will ever see them live again most likely. Their performance was great but there were way too many stupid people and teeny boppers there. I swear to god, the crowd cheered madly whenever Dave got done singing a VERSE....a VERSE....which prevented me from hearing 50% of the solos since the crowd volume completely overpowered the PA. I'm swearing off any live large venues where young women or drunken fratboys will also be in attendance. I really hate stupid people. And it might not even bother me as much if people really appreciated the music, but most of them are there because going to a DMB show is the trendy thing to do nowadays. damn kids. Going to Tool this Wed, I hope it's not the same thing....

"Get up an move... or I'll put a curse on you... that all your children will be born naked." – Hendrix

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  6:13:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That should be a very different experience. I really want to see Tool. I never have before. According to Saint Jude, it's a hell of a show this time around... http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2346 Hope the crowd the doesn't ruin it for you this time man. It's such a shame when people can't appreciate what they're seeing.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  6:40:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yea, that definitely should be a much better show to attend. They don't tend to attract the casual listener as much as say DMB. Tools fans are more serious about the music and not the spectacle.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  7:14:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, that is my theory as well. I usually get along with Tool fans, they're kind, intelligent folk.

"Get up an move... or I'll put a curse on you... that all your children will be born naked." – Hendrix
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2002 :  04:00:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
....just like TR fans!

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." - George Bernard Shaw
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2002 :  07:34:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Tool fans are not DuMB
DMB fans are Tools

before everyone gets up on thier high horse, I AM JUST KIDDING!!!! I saw an opportunity to make a little joke so I did, no serious comments or implications are carried in this statement. It was a play on words and letters. JOKE JOKE JOKE Hardy HAR HAR HAR GEEZ, Lighten up!!!!! You are going to have a heartattack before you are 30!! Kids these days, no sense of humor.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  09:22:12 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I agree with you Felabass. I don't like the crowd at a DMB concert. But I'll go again the next time they are within 4 hours from me (Nashville). And I might even fly somewhere again (LA or Boston so far). It's just a reason to go. And that's what I like to do. The shows are good, to me anyway. I hate the people screaming during songs, but you're going to get that just about anywhere, even at a TIM show, it's just a difference of scales.

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  11:36:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I don't mind people screaming, it's just the reason they're screaming that bothers me. Screaming every time dave mentions alchohol or getting high or whatever pisses me off because that's just turning DMB into Jimmy Buffet, which is a gross injustice. People at the Tool concert lastnight were cheering after a kickass drumbreak or a long Maynard scream, that I like because they're appreciating the band's talent. I talked to one of my friends that was at both Alpine shows though and he said that there were no stupid people around him either night, he was on the far right and then far left side though, and I was right in the middle. I suppose that might have something to do w/ it, I chose the seats cuz they were right behind the soundboard....I guess that backfired...

Go to Top of Page

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  1:45:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I would have to agree with the masses here about the general concert scene. The only, I mean only, thing that could make me see DMB again would be if Tim and/or the Flecktones were going to play at the show in some function.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2002 :  03:15:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Definitely on the subject, remember this thread:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1992

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000