Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 I just started packing....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2002 :  9:58:20 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This is going to be a fucking nightmare. Moving from a room I've been in for over 6 years... I've got stuff stuffed in places that even I've forgotten about.

Soooo much stuff... And it's all going to a place about the size of the room I'm in now, except that place is divided by walls, which takes up space...

Ah, shit.

On the brighter side, I heard our band (The Pride Of The South) covering a Black Sabbath song tonight during our game against Louisiana Monroe. That kicks serious, serious ass.

Anyway, back to packing.

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2002 :  03:48:59 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well, an update, since no one cares...

8 boxes of books, so far. That's about all of them, actually, so that's extraordinarily good. But that's not including the books I sell (amazon.com), which tally around 12 boxes...

Whew.

Books alone could probably fill one room of this new place...

The Pride of the South played IRON MAN, if anyone wondered. It's pretty tight played up by a full band.

But there are bright sides to this whole moving thing...

I get to purge my stuff of all the crap I've accumulated over the years. That is a very good thing. I can ditch a whole hell of a lot of it. Probably. We'll see, I guess.

And, since I'm being evicted, I do not have to mess with cleaning the room when I'm done. F them.

I do not know where my guitars will go in the new place. That's something that's been bugging me...we'll see. We'll see.

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2002 :  1:37:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Was it a marching band type band or a normal band that covered Iron Man. That would be really kewl to hear a marching band cover Black Sabbath. I am getting a CD of a group who covers all Black Sabbath songs done on old, traditional style instruments. They have converted all the lyrics into latin and sing Black Sabbath in latin accompanied by period instruments. Should be pretty kewl. As for your move, I can relate to the stress you are feeling. Moving is literally the most traumatic experience a person can experience, especially if that person is ME. Good luck with it and let us know how it all turns out. I could hold onto your guitars for you, if you don't have a place for them. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  10:23:51 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I could let you keep my guitars if you were here... Not my 12, tho...I'll have to get a pic of it posted on here someTIMe. It's wonderful.

As for Iron Man...they play it not while they are marching, but while they are in the stands stitting. So I do not know if you'd consider that a "marching band" song or not. They ARE a marching band, just not marching when they play it...

As for the move, I'm glad to be finally doing it. I've said enough for everyone to know how it is where I live now, and I'm ready to be done with it. I'll be happy to pare down some of my stuff...a lot of stuff I don't need... So it'll be good in the end.

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  7:00:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thats a marching band whether they are marching or not. I just wanted to know if you meant a normal 3,4,or 5 piece type band or big marching band with horns and drums and cymbals and stuff. Pretty kewl, I would love to hear that cover.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  09:30:06 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy, it's a whole big marching band with shitty flags and two or three kinds of dancers... Good stuff, usually (well, not the flags). Too bad I can't get a soundboard plug on that and start trading it...

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  09:30:47 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh, and speaking of packing, I've got a whole lot more stuff done...maybe about 5/8 done now. Next step: Setting it up in the new place.

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2002 :  10:54:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Post photos!

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2002 :  01:46:39 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's not alltogether a bad idea... I'll get the woman's digital camera and when I get all set up I'll take some pics for the world to see.

I'm not sure after all that all my stuff will fit in there. It's going to be snug. Very snug. But cool, nevertheless. Better than what I was in...

And I'm almost completely done, now. All I lack are a few things (toothbrush, soap, etc), computer (most important thing), stereo (second most important) and then a truck load of stuff to go home, which I plan to take tomorrow..er..today..

So basically I can be set up there in one more small trip. That's ok with me.

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000