Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 John Mayer (yes, again).
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2002 :  03:19:06 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just saw JM in Memphis, with Guster and John Butler Trio (yes, the ones that played after TIM in LA and cut his set short!)

I have to say...John Mayer fucking rocks. I don't care if his lyrics are trite. He can play. And he does. His bass player is good, his drummer is good and his keyboardist/guitarist is good. But he's the lead singer and the lead guitarist, and sometimes he plays rythym. Some songs, quite a few actually, they'd just all (except John) play in the background and John would just play all over the place for a while, then just drop back into the song...he'd mix up lyrics from other songs and just mess around all together. He sat on the drummer's stand for a while and just played while the bass player took it for a minute... Once he played the keyboard while the drummer took over...

I went expecting to make my girlfriend happy because I did something with her and all that...I left happy that I've made a new musical friend..

And I got to see the $6500 Novax fan fret... It's not as pink live as it is in that pic I saw...

Anywho... that's all.

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2002 :  7:24:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well i like John Mayer...i haven't heard anything but that song that's on the radio, but i hear he's really cool to see live. he has a pretty good voice i think. Guster is a pretty badass group at that too, i like what they do with their harmonies and shit, interesting stuff!

"Set the gear shift to the high gear of your soul, you gotta run like an antelope, out of control" -Dude of Life
Go to Top of Page

SourGirl
Try A Little Harder

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2002 :  7:30:18 PM  Show Profile  Send SourGirl an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm not much on JM. I think he is such a fake, I mean the way he does the Dave Matthews eyebrow ad the little dance. It really irrates me. Not that he's not musically talented, he just gets on my nerves.

Go to Top of Page

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2002 :  7:50:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just something to note, it's not like John Mayer stole the eyebrow and the dance from Dave Matthews, because in all likelihood, Matthews "stole" those moves himself. Matthews isn't the first performer to dance while he plays or the first to raise is eyebrow. So, anyways...
Go to Top of Page

SourGirl
Try A Little Harder

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2002 :  8:12:32 PM  Show Profile  Send SourGirl an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah I assume so, but when I see JM do it, it bugs me. I don't know why, maybe because I'm just so use to DM doing it. I dunno, I guess thats not a really good reason not to like him,huh?

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  10:48:18 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I understand and appreciate that most people here don't like him. Or I will, as long as everyone here can understand and appreciate that I do like him. I don't care if he does moves like DM. I don't particularly think he does. Sure he moves, but is all movement on stage like Dave Matthews? I think not. I'm sure other people have done it. And I saw him doing lots of stuff that DM doesn't. In fact, most of his moves didn't remind me at all of Dave. And he's great on the guitar, so I've got no problems with him. I don't want to have his babies or anything, tho...

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000