For Leo Kottke Fans...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2002 :  4:48:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Me and the capt. have a world histoy teacher, a Mr. Troup, who looks quite a bit like a walrus. He sounds EXACTLY like Leo when he talks, and he has the same humor, too! Some various quotes:

(About Division of Labor i the early ages of man)

" So, you need to find the best hunter in your little camp to go find Thumper and Bambi and kill them for lunch."

(About hunting wolly mammoths)

" So, all you have is a big, pointy stick. You and a few of your hunting friends would walk up to Mr. Mammoth and start poking him with you pointy stick. Eventully, someone would poke enough to hit him in the eye or something, but the thing would've already stepped on your friends and killed them. So it would run off with thirty sticks in it's back, and all you have to eat are the guys it just stepped on."

(About primitive weapons)

" You would build a club ou of wood and tie a bunch of sabre-toothed tiger teeth on it. You know, if you hit smeone in the head with it, it would make a nice impression on them. But, as man becam more advanced, he would make a four pound iron mallet and knock you upside the head with it. That makes a much bigger impression on the head."

(About Copper drinking vessils.)
" You don't want to put anything acidic in those...cuaseif you do...you start making funny noises and then you...go away.."

(About bronze weapons vs. Iron weapons)

" So, an iron sword would go right through a bronze sheild, right through the animal hide coveing it, right through the wood handle, right through the sohuld, into thechest and into the heart...then, you start making funny noises and you go away."

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2002 :  5:23:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
haha, "...then you start making funny noises and go away"

thats fucking hysterical. I want to steal that line.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com

Stay Tuned For The New Tim Site....
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  10:49:26 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am a Leo Kottke fans!

Yep Erich, I'd say this teacher has something about "going away." But I can't explain it, because I'm going away.

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000