Disturbed's new album
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2002 :  11:55:25 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Have they turned into some kind of religious band? The title of their album and first single almost lead me to belive that?

Any idea?

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305

revrendmaynard14
Chatterbox

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2002 :  12:01:55 AM  Show Profile  Send revrendmaynard14 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I don't know the names of either, but I like Disturbed.

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2002 :  6:20:41 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Either the song is called Prayer and the album is called Believe, or its the other way around.

But it sounds kinda fishy.

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2002 :  12:28:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
never heard the album

Using The Force Daily...
NeverKillADream@aol.com
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2002 :  01:28:32 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
they must not be down with the sickness anymore

Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2002 :  12:10:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ive ranted about this many times, i just cant deal with Strong Negative lyrical content, dont know why, it just buggs me, songs talking about down with the sickness, or embrace the pain, im not knocking those writers, i just too much of an optimistic person i guess, i want deeper lyrical meaning, you know what im saying im sure.

Using The Force Daily...
NeverKillADream@aol.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  8:50:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Again, I did not know they had a new album, but I loved the first album, so I am quite excited to hear the new one. Anyone have anymore info about this release and the above question. Interested to hear more.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2002 :  5:02:03 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
The moribund hard rock world desperately needs a new hero, and Disturbed might just be it. The Sickness, its double-platinum-plus 2000 debut album, made the perfect kind of impact, a slow climb built on heavy touring and a connection made via grass roots rather than hype. The Chicago quartet was a band the headbangers felt they could, well, Believe in.
Their latest, Believe, is both a consolidation and an evolution for Disturbed. Working with the same team -- producer Johnny Z. and mixer Andy Wallace -- the effort comes with the same muscular, confrontational power that made The Sickness so infectiously exciting, but twists things just enough to make the second time sounds as fresh as the first.

The industrial touches of the debut are largely gone, and so are frontman David Draiman's trademark, staccato safari "noises" that became a kind of distracting Disturbed hook. In their place is a more straightforward, sinewy, and dynamic attack, a leaden wall of sound that still leaves room for plenty of punch and groove from the brutal pummel of "Awaken," "Remember" and "Mistress" to the full-speed tear of "Liberate" and "Intoxication" and the shifty rhythmic crunch of "Devour." The album-closing "Darkness" is a disarmingly pretty and gentle piece employing acoustic guitar, piano and strings.

Draiman's message hasn't change much: There are frequent exhortations to think for one's self and not be afraid to ask questions. "How long will we be waiting for your modern messiah/To take away all the hatred that darkens the light in your eye?" he asks in "Liberate." "Prayer," the album's first single, is a response to the reactionary rhetoric of the religious right following the September 11 attacks, while the title track also casts a skeptical eye on religious faith, declaring that "All you believe cannot absolve yourself."

Provocative both musically and lyrically, Believe is a sophomore triumph that could well turn The Sickness into a full-scale epidemic.

Gary Graff
CDNOW Contributing Writer

As for the question of whether or not they are a religious band...I don't know, but I can tell you that they released both a 'clean' and 'explicit' version of this album, which is called Believe. The first song is called Prayer.

Hope that helps.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000