what do the names mean?????
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2002 :  9:27:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
u kno i was wonderin'...what do our MB names realy mean? do they simbolise ne importance to a person? or are they just made up...

take mine for example... Captain Petersburgh

a while back i kept talkin' in this pirate voice. but i didn't have a name for it. then one night i was talkin' to one of my frineds with the voice and i thought up a name captain petersburgh. it fit then i thought whats a pirate without a boat. i needed a bouat with a name. the first thing i saw was my yahoo s/n...lawngnome528. then i thought of the L.J.L.O. (lawn jockey liberation orgainiszation) and i got Gnomer...the name of my boat. so ther it is the whole story behind Captain Petersburgh. and for those of u who don't kno who i am i be Mike

i'm keepin' TIMe with my own set of keys....

usefulidiot76
Chatterbox

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2002 :  9:37:26 PM  Show Profile  Send usefulidiot76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i got my name from the 4th track on the TOOL "aenima" cd.

Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2002 :  9:39:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
cool. so ur not really an idiot

Go to Top of Page

usefulidiot76
Chatterbox

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2002 :  9:44:16 PM  Show Profile  Send usefulidiot76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i dont know...i might be....

Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2002 :  9:45:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
join the crowd.

Go to Top of Page

usefulidiot76
Chatterbox

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2002 :  10:30:35 PM  Show Profile  Send usefulidiot76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
either way....i'm still useful

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2002 :  11:20:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Mine's just boring and based on my name. Oh well.

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2002 :  01:11:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
pcbdmb

Patrick Cullip-Brennan Dave Matthews Band

OK..........but I'm more original in other areas!

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Go to Top of Page

revrendmaynard14
Chatterbox

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2002 :  01:47:51 AM  Show Profile  Send revrendmaynard14 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Tool once again...gotta love the Rev.

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2002 :  03:40:47 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
mine's a bit tricky, you see Kevin, well thats my first name, and Lesko... that would be my last name.... i guess it isnt so tricky. But my AIM name is AstralPuke, and that i a TR reference!

Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2002 :  3:09:39 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Back in the before time, in the long ago, I was "the_ripper" on the local BBS's...I got the idea after watching a discovery channel show on Jack the Ripper. When I moved onto AOL and got my first taste of the internet, The_Ripper was already taken so I made it The_Rippa. Things evolved and on unix it made more sense to remove the underscore, so therefore I am therippa.

---------------
Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque

"I heard Tim stopped playing with Dave when he got pregnant"
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2002 :  3:18:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Mine is...well...my name...

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2002 :  12:34:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
NeverKillADream <--song i wrote.

Using The Force Daily...
NeverKillADream@aol.com
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2002 :  12:07:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Saint Jude is the saint of lost causes.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2002 :  6:21:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
When I got my cell phone, I wanted to get a number that would be easy to remember... so as per my dirty sense of humor, I went with 523-PIMP. That was the spark, but the origin of using Silky was from this funny animation that I saw a few years ago:

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2002 :  8:58:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hahahaha!!! That's great!

Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2002 :  10:17:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hope to see that story told on StoryTellers in the future.

Using The Force Daily...
NeverKillADream@aol.com
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2002 :  8:59:14 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Silky, did you do that show? Neato.

My name is just an amalgum of what I am (an enthusiast) and who it's for (TIM). Duh, huh?

I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2002 :  3:00:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Arthen is the main character in a story I wrote. I use character's names all the time.

"Don't drink the pickle juice from the pickle jar, until all the pickles are gone."
-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2002 :  7:45:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Many thanks to the Cap'n for coming up with this thread. It's been quite enjoyable!

The Maj(or)
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2002 :  8:12:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
let's see...mine's pretty easy but here's the story. one of my friends on ICQ and AOL was known as musicfan. so i was thinking that my hero in music is victor wooten. lo and behold VICTORWOOTENFAN. my other internet creative name is mattnsmiley, for my name is matthew nelson smiley...

"Set the gear shift to the high gear of your soul, you gotta run like an antelope, out of control" -Dude of Life
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2002 :  8:46:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Silky, I don't know if we already covered this, but your animation reminded me of the poem read by the pimp in "I'm Gonna Git You Sucka". If you haven't seen it you really need to. The poem is called "Bitch Betta Have My Money". That is one hysterical movie. It is one of the earliest example so the parody genre that is so popular these days. Chris Rock is in it. Check it out. Came out back in the days of In Living Color. http://us.imdb.com/Title?0095348

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2002 :  8:09:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Haha I know that speech by heart!

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2002 :  12:05:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
recite it please!

"Don't drink the pickle juice from the pickle jar, until all the pickles are gone."
-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2002 :  7:12:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Why am I not surprised!! HEHE We gotta get you some of those platforms with fishes in them. I always thought those were the BADDEST!! Trivia question:He was HuggyBear in Starsky and Hutch, what was his pimp name in I'm Gonna Git You Sucka?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2002 :  7:18:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Disco Stu had those in The Simpsons! Those would be cool to wear around.

-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2002 :  7:33:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
But in I'm Gonna Git You Sucka they aren't cartoons, they are REAL!! KEEEEWWWWWLLLLLLL!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2002 :  7:52:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So do you remember how the poem went Fluffy?

-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2002 :  8:54:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Disco Stu had those in The Simpsons! Those would be cool to wear around.

Disco Stu likes Disco music.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2002 :  2:12:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Flyguy: The name of this piece is called, my bitch better have my money. Through rain, sleet, or snow, my ho better have my money. Not half, not some, but all my cash. Because if she don't, I'll put my foot dead in her ass.

Here are some of my other favorite quotes:

"Gimme 1 wing!!" (Chris Rocks line)

John Slade: Know what I mean brother. (spoken to a afro-american reporter)
Afro-american Reporter: Haha, Well actually I don't. I didn't grow up around blacks. I grew up in the suburbs, my dad was a lawyer, my mom was a doctor, and all my friends were white. Everybody use to tease me cause I didn't speak jive and I couldn't dance to save my life.

Cheryl: Jack, they were just kids.
Jack Slade: Look, a family full of midgets is not considered kids, that's a gang.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2002 :  3:30:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I used to have that speech as the startup sound on my computer. I just find the concept of pimps to be way too funny.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2002 :  3:37:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
They certainly have a completely different perspective on the world than the rest of us. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000