Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Forgot what I was going to say here..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2002 :  12:44:04 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok, so in my continual search for a job, something odd happened today. The guy for whom I used to make glasses came in the office supply store and asked if I wanted to make glasses for him at night a few days a week... This is an interesting step. Of course it has nothing at all to do with good permanent full time work, but after I screwed over the Doc the first time, I can't believe he's asking me to work for him now..he must be desperate. When I left, I asked him for full benefits and a pay raise of over three times what I was making... Basically I was looking for a way to get out of there...

So now I'll have a full time job and a part time job. Ha, I'm a serious working man...

I am not the albatross of love, I am the human elipse. I am dot dot dot.

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2002 :  1:24:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Damn...They screwed up on my glasses, they got the lenses mixed up. SO the first day I got them, They wre like the glasses the old lady had on MY COusin Vinny..." Now Mrs. Riley, and ONLY Mrs. Riley...How many fingers am I holding up? (Holds up two)"
" Four."

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2002 :  01:17:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Strangely enough, the Dr hasn't come back to talk to me again about this job...maybe he just wanted to get the names of my advisors on campus from me and that was his way...who knows... well, we'll see, anyway.

I'm schizophrenic. And so am I. am I. am I. am I.
Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2002 :  9:12:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
heh alright double th cash!!!!!

i'm keepin' TIMe with my own set of keys....
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2002 :  9:22:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What?

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2002 :  9:37:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
double the cash.. two jobs

i'm keepin' TIMe with my own set of keys....
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2002 :  12:59:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Half the sleep.

Hey Jason......I hope the two job thing doesn't end up like Homer's second job at the Quick-E-Mart......
"He slept.....he stole.....he was rude to the customers.....but still......there goes the best employee a store clerk could ever have."

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2002 :  12:45:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I walked into Sam Goody today and got a job, it was a trip, they sell guitars as well, cheap ones, but hey its a job, and i can play guitar.

Using The Force Daily...
NeverKillADream@aol.com
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2002 :  01:20:54 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well, I've now started making glasses again (officially) at a much better pay rate than before, but still not what I wanted... I'm happy. So now I'll probably be working 55 hours or so a week. No big deal. I don't mind that so much.

But not a word about either of the jobs on campus, and one of my friends (whose opinion I value a lot) said that I shouldn't say that I "have" the job until they have officially offered it to me. Ok, I understand that. What I said before about the people confirming that I was being recommended for the jobs (two jobs, to be exact, one about two months ago [red tape] and one about two weeks ago [understandable red tape]) was true...I was recommended to Human Resources for the jobs. Now I'm waiting for the job offer to come. In order for that to happen, HR has to check me out. Make sure I haven't sold drugs in the past, that sort of thing. Make sure I'm not a white male.....o shit, maybe that's the problem. Honestly, it might be. They might have their quota of people that look like me, and that might keep me from getting offered a job. That would suck serious ass.

But I'm hoping to hear from Human Resources (also the office of Affirmative Action might be the ones to call me)...any day now.

But that's the last you'll hear from me about it, because I've been scolded by my friend (who will never read this, by the way) and I guess she's right. So that's it.

I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2002 :  3:57:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Make sure I'm not a white male.....o shit, maybe that's the problem. Honestly, it might be. They might have their quota of people that look like me, and that might keep me from getting offered a job. That would suck serious ass.

Wouldn't that be discrimination? After all, what's one more white man testing weed?

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000