Music/Artists you're listening to...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SatchSRV
Is Anybody Here?

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2002 :  12:57:06 AM  Show Profile  Send SatchSRV an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hello All :-)

I've been stuck listening to a lot of the same stuff lately and want to try to bring in some new sounds. I found a website the other day of some guitarist I heard of before (cant remember the name) and the audio downloads sounded great...but, of course, I didn't copy down the webpage and cannot remember it!
Anyways, I'm just curious on what everyone is listening to out there. Some of my favorite's are Tim (of course), DMB, Tom Waits, Aimee Mann, The Bogmen, Michael Hedges, Satriani, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Spring Heeled Jack, and Soul Coughing. Those are the reg's in my cd player, not counting mix cd's. What about everyone else?

Eric

"There is no Devil, there's just God when he's drunk" Tom Waits

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2002 :  04:09:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think there's another thread about this somewhere......but d'oh well....

TR (duh!)
DMB
U2
Collective Soul
Fleetwood Mac (gotta love Buckingham!)
Bela Fleck and the Flecktones

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2002 :  3:44:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, i don't mind double posts...I never got why anyone would care that much...It gives us a chance to refreash our memories...and stuff...

In no particular order:

TR
Kelly Joe Phelps
DMB
Gordon Lightfoot
Leo Kottke
Ween
Primus
Gillian Welch & David Rawlings
The Samples
Robin Trower
Bob Dylan
Bill Monroe
Jimi Hendrix
The String Cheese Incident

And on and on and on

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2002 :  4:00:17 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Jay, this is interesting to me...I knew someone here liked Leo...

I JUST GOT (and by that, I mean today) two live shows by Leo Kottke. I'm listening to one of them right now. It is a soundboard recording, and I'd say it's better than a studio album because he talks so much (and I think he's funny...). If you want these two, I'd be glad to hook you up. Just let me know. I'm thinking THIS will be the weekly B&P. Maybe I'll just do that now...

________________________________________________________________________________________
-If you don't use your BLINKER, you HAVE NO RIGHTS. Well, unless 'go fuck yourself' counts as a right.-
Go to Top of Page

mgodinez
Is Anybody Here?

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2002 :  4:39:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
in the player:

Michael Manring. Enormous Room.

Other mentionables:

All AGR (Agents of Good Roots) live shows
All SadHappy (Manring/Hinklin/Schiller) live shows
TR
TR3
M. Hedges

That's about it for me. Listened to the SadHappy April '99 show for the year of 2000. Listened to AGR 02/01-10/01 circa shows for the year of 2001. Been diggin' heavily on that TR Graceland show from 05/02. And of course, there's always Hedges...my personal inspiration for optimism.

Seattle, Wa
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2002 :  4:42:17 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No weather report today, mgodinez?

I could include my music list, I suppose.

I'm now listening to live Leo Kottke.

I also like TR, DMB, Led Zeppelin, Ozzy Osbounre...hmmm... I'm stumped... oh yeah > Jack Johnson, John Mayer (oops..), I guess that's all I can think of right now.

To be fair, however...all I ever listen to is either D&T or TR. The others are just ones that I like to hear on the radio and occasionally put in my cd player.

________________________________________________________________________________________
-If you don't use your BLINKER, you HAVE NO RIGHTS. Well, unless 'go fuck yourself' counts as a right.-
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2002 :  6:36:30 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
David Gray
Pete Yorn
John Prine
Disturbed (new album coming out soon!!!!!)
Metallica
Ozzy (Zakk is my newest guitar hero, after Tim of course)
Bela Fleck + Flecktones
Live

to name a few of the artists ive been listening to in the last few days

David Gray is always the most frequent artist that I listen to, he's gotta be my favorite artist out there right now, or up until now in fact.

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2002 :  8:25:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
SatchSRV... if you like SRV, you must check out Kenny Wayne Shepherd. He's the closest thing to a modern reincarnation of SRV as there is. He is an absolute beast on the guitar.
-J

Go to Top of Page

dick mountjoy
Chatterbox

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2002 :  9:26:37 PM  Show Profile  Send dick mountjoy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
bela fleck and the flecktones 'live art'
david gray 'lost songs'
howie day 'australia'
tool 'opiate'
greg howard 'stick figures'
TIM+dave 'live at luther'

Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2002 :  10:27:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Tim Reynolds
Paco de Lucia
Andreas Segovia
Fu Man Chu
John Mclaughlin
To Name a Few.

(i like listening to my sister to)

Using the Force Daily
NeverKillADream@aol.com
Go to Top of Page

SatchSRV
Is Anybody Here?

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2002 :  11:00:10 PM  Show Profile  Send SatchSRV an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Silky-

I haven't had a chance to really check out Kenny Wayne's stuff yet. I heard a few songs, and even though they sound good, they seem a bit poppy to me. Then again, I'm also catching the songs that make it onto radio/tv. I'll try downloading a few songs of his though...have any recomendations?

"There is no Devil, there's just God when he's drunk" Tom Waits
Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2002 :  11:56:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote

NeverKillADream@aol.com
Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2002 :  01:55:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let's see, I'm really into Backstreet Boys, NSync, Britney Spears (I wish I was into that...hehe...), ANYTHING country, Sheryl Crow...you should try all of those..

No really, I like System of a Down. Even if they suck to everyone else...which reminds me, I should get their album... Hell, I even like Creed's new song, but I don't hear it that much, so it doesn't have too many opportunities to grate on my nerves...

I'm schizophrenic. And so am I. am I. am I. am I.
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2002 :  04:31:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Tool
NIN
RHCP
Floyd
Travis
DMB
TIM
Rage
APC
....etc

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2002 :  06:28:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ron Wood
Chris Whitley
Paul Weller(solo Acoustic)
The Jam "Sound Effects"
XTC "Skylarking"
Edgar Broughton Group
Johnny Society
Albert Strange (aka The Patron Saints)
Sunshine Fix
The Moles
Richard Davies
Elwood
Fu Manchu
The Hand
Kyuss
Flaming Lips "Zaireeka"
Wings "Over America"
Ely Guerra
Vanity Champ "Tranquilized"
Ute Lemper "Punishing Kiss"
Oliva Tremor Control
Beach Boys "Pet Sounds"
Sham 69 "Adventures of the Hersham Boys"
Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
Lollipop Lust Kill
SadHappy(would love to hear that live stuff)
Jeremy Toback
Paleface
Dave Pirner(from Soul Asylum, his new solo CD, it is MAGNIFICENT)
Meat Puppets
Jorma Kaukonen "Blue Country Heart"
Hot Tuna "Hoppkorv"
Beatles "Revolver"

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2002 :  08:39:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just got a disc with Ron Wood, Fluffy. I think it's Jeff Beck Truth, and Ron's on there and Rod Stewart does vocals. I think that's the only time I've dug Rod Stewart.. at least the first song, anyways.

Ron Wood? He wood what? He would if you let him...ha, that's for you Fluffy...

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2002 :  02:49:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ron definitely Wood if ya let him!!! Thanx for the tribute, glad you liked the CD. It is an amazing album. Although Ron only plays bass on that album. Hell, TR started as a bass player, so so can Ron Wood. I uncovered some old lists of faves by the board if you want to see some past lists similar to the ones above. Here they are:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=414

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=348

ACOUSTIC RECOMMENDATIONS
http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=892

JAZZ RECOMMENDATIONS
http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=646

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2002 :  01:27:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah I knew Ron Wood only played the bass on that album. I didn't know he had other talents...

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2002 :  10:29:06 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
tim
tool
from autumn to ashes
stabbing westward
dmb
john scofield

get in the car, little girl.
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2002 :  7:38:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here are sommore

SRV
Hillbilly Idol
Garcia/Grisman
Trower
CSNY
CCR
pink Floyd
Funky Meters
Elmore James
Ravi Shankar

And prolly more but i can't remember them.

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2002 :  6:15:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bela fleck and the flecktones
victor wooten solo
dmb
pink floyd
tim (of course)
phish
primus
SCI
Widespread panic
edger meyer
weather report/jaco stuff

and that's my favs!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

mgodinez
Is Anybody Here?

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2002 :  7:17:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ahh...ravi shankar. how can i forget about the 'man'. got his live at montery pop festival last year. Good stuff...however, I think I got the abbriviated cd. After lookin' at the movie, the tune hendrix was groovin' to in the front row, does not seem to be on said disc.

mgodinez.
seattle, WA
sunny...mornin' haze

Seattle, Wa
Go to Top of Page

revrendmaynard14
Chatterbox

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2002 :  01:23:34 AM  Show Profile  Send revrendmaynard14 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Tim, Dave, Tool, NIN, Cold & of course my brother he's quite good.

Go to Top of Page

revrendmaynard14
Chatterbox

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2002 :  01:24:13 AM  Show Profile  Send revrendmaynard14 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Not much of variety huh?

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2002 :  01:34:44 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just got a Karma To Burn Cd in the mail today and it KICKS!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000