TRelated Topics
 Tim Reynolds video format? Uh.....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Master
Is Anybody Here?

10 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2002 :  4:34:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit The Master's Homepage  Send The Master an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I had no idea where to post this, it probably belongs in trading, but I dunno...

I downloaded one of the Tim Reynolds videos from the FTP, cause my friend said he'd pay money to see a video of Stream.

Anyway, I downloaded a video of him on 12-09-00 (I think) and it SAID the video was in .mpeg format, however when I play it in Windows Media Player, it doesn't work.

Umm...is the video currupt or do you need to use some weird sort of player?

Thanks for any help.

Signature? Uhhh...I have bad handwriting...

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2002 :  5:03:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You probably need to download the correct codec for it to work. Under your options for windows media player set it to download necessary codecs automatically and make sure you're connected to the internet when you try to play it. It should automatically download what you need so you can watch it. If that doesn't work, connect to the ftp and view the readme file, which I think tells you what specific codec you need... but if it doesn't I vaguely remember Jon putting a basic video player on there that you can download as well that will let you watch.
-J

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2002 :  03:22:55 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah, there is a codec in the software folder thats on the FTP (which by the way is up and running tonight when i checked)

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2002 :  08:31:40 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I guess it's either reached it's limit or not working again. I can't get connected.

________________________________________________________________________________________
-If you don't use your BLINKER, you HAVE NO RIGHTS. Well, unless 'go fuck yourself' counts as a right.-
Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2002 :  5:57:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am currently Downloading from the FTP site as we speak, so i know for a fact it is up and running, and yes, Your best bet, as Kevin suggested, is the MPEG player & Codec available for download from the Software folder on the FTP site.
Joe

Using the Force Daily
NeverKillADream@aol.com
Go to Top of Page

The Master
Is Anybody Here?

10 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2002 :  3:01:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit The Master's Homepage  Send The Master an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Actually, uhh....the FTP is down for me.

It says 530 error, "Sorry, the user limit has been reached!"

Funny how it has said this for like, oh the last WEEK, all times of day.

Looks like somebody needs to get a mirror going.

Does anybody have that specific mpeg player posted anywhere else?

Signature? Uhhh...I have bad handwriting...
Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2002 :  3:36:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Go to www.google.com and Type in "Free MPEG Player" and you should get many options. Google is currently the largest Search Engine Searching 2,073,418,204 web pages.
-Joe

Using the Force Daily
NeverKillADream@aol.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000