New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

timAKAjesus
Is Anybody Here?

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2002 :  02:08:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
whats up fellow tim-ites! i havent listened to dmb in a while and i put on before these crowded streets and was reminded how much he adds to that bands music...his part in rapunzel....AMAZING! any who...wanted to know if anyone really knows it...i kinda got it. later on!

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2002 :  3:18:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sure Reynolds plays basically the same thing on an acoustic for the whole song, which you probably can barely hear over the rest of the mix, and his electric additions seem to be about the same as what Matthews would play again, except for a few accents during the verses here and there. The one thing that always stands out is the little bit of percussion Reynolds adds to the song when he strums the muted electric after the many:

E------------------
B------------------
G------------------
D--------------5---
A--5-5-5-5--8------
E------------------

That's a person favorite of his touches on the CD I enjoy, although there are a whole lot of them.

Go to Top of Page

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2002 :  3:24:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...and I'm sure if you really wanted to get a source for all the accents and fillers that Reynolds adds, you could go buy the BTCS tab book. That would probably be your best bet, even if alot of it is wrong, it was give you an idea of what you look for. Why not just play the song and add your own stuff to it?

Go to Top of Page

timAKAjesus
Is Anybody Here?

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2002 :  01:25:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if you really listen to what the electric is doing, its doing more than that simple line, but thanks for the input man! that part to me just has a whole lot of feel to it, and i really think its impossible to really re-create it...its 100% tim!

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2002 :  02:37:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
And 40% Sandy Carl.

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2002 :  12:06:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
(60% Yoda?)

Using The Force Daily...
NeverKillADream@aol.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000