acoustic pickup trouble.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2002 :  11:32:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have an acoustic Fender DG-20ce. It has a pre-amp electronic pickup that has worked pretty fine, but this past wednesday I played at a local coffee shop and it bugged out. It picked up all of the strings except for the high e. I thought it was perhaps not picking up high register notes, but even when I played high notes on the other strings, it picked up through the PA perfectly. The top string did not produce any output and I am dumbfounded as to why. It's like having a microphone in a room full of 6 people, and one person's voice does not get picked up. Does anybody have any reasons/ remedies for this?

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2002 :  10:56:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a bad connection somewhere. Check to see what kind of warranty your Fender has because unless it's old, you can most likely get it fixed or replaced at no cost.
-J

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000